VOTE for best achievement in Europe of our forwards/wingers? - Page 2

View Poll Results: VOTE - What do you recognize as the best achievement in Europe of are forwards/winger

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hashemian - 03-04 Bochum - 16 goals / 32 games

17 43.59%
  • Hasehmian - 02-03 Bochum - 10 goals / 34 games

2 5.13%
  • Ali Daei - 98-99 Bayern Munchen - 6 goals/23 games

6 15.38%
  • Alireza Jahanbaksh - 17-18 AZ - 21 goals/33 games

11 28.21%
  • Karim Ansarifard - 17-18 Olympiacos - 17 goals/27 games

0 0%
  • Sardar azmoun - 18-19 Zenith/Rubin - 13 goals/26 games

3 7.69%
  • Kaveh Rezaei - 17-18 Charleroi - 16 goals/39 games

0 0%
  • reza Gucci - 16-17 Heerenveen - 19 goals/34 games

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VOTE for best achievement in Europe of our forwards/wingers?

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,312 Times in 6,767 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Honorable mention for:
    Mahdavikia's 2000-01 CL campaign (2 goals, 2 assists in 5 games)
    2002-03 Bundesliga campaign (2 goals, 14 assists). This was the season he was linked to Man United and Deportivo La Coruna (which was a very good team at this point).

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    I have to give it to Hashemian 16 goals 32 games - Considering the strength of the Bundesliga at that time (4th strongest league in the world), strength of Bochum at that time (good but not stacked team like Bayern), and the fact he managed to score 1 goal every 2 games.

Jahanbakhsh did great to score that many goals + assists but his league isn't nearly as strong, keeping and defending is much worse than Bundesliga now and during Hashemian's time.

Hashemian achieved the most difficult thing, which i have to say is the biggest achievement by an Iranian in Europe.

EDIT: At least in terms of goal scoring, which is what this comparison seems to be about. If we don't consider scoring, and just overall most successful career in Europe, other players are in that mix.

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadi View Post
    no modern Iranian player even comes close to the quality and achievements of Hashemian, Daie and Mahdavikia in Europe.

I think the only player with possibility of achieving the same level of success is Sardar, if he continues to try hard and chooses his next move wisely
    You're correct about all those and you can also add Nekounam to that list.

He captained Osasuna, and brought them from bottom of the table to Europa leauge spots, scoring amazing goals while playing as a solid defensive midfielder.

They even went to the Europa league semi final / final because of his last minute great goal, right? (if i'm remembering correctly).

Keep in mind, this was all while they played in La Liga while it was at it's peak during the last 10-15 years, during the Guardiola Barcelona era when they were tearing teams apart, and the league overall was the strongest in the world.

So yeah, Nekounam's career could actually be the most successful of them all. I'd say him and Mahdavikia are the top 2 in terms of most successful careers in Europe.

Forum Staff

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,096 Times in 4,251 Posts
    Absolutely Hashemian 03-04. He was a beast and one of the better strikers of Budesliga at the time.

Oh man how I dearly miss those days. Mahdavikia, Hashemian, Daei, Khodadad, Bagheri all shining abroad. Watching football was much more fun and exciting. I don't know if it's because I am getting older or watching our legionnaires and in general our football was waaaaaayyyy more exciting then. Even our stadiums would often get filled up with spectators. Seriously miss those days. Especially our 2004 Asian Cup adventure and roller coaster...

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keano For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadi View Post
    no modern Iranian player even comes close to the quality and achievements of Hashemian, Daie and Mahdavikia in Europe.

I think the only player with possibility of achieving the same level of success is Sardar, if he continues to try hard and chooses his next move wisely
    Nekounam as well
    Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    2002-03 Bundesliga assist leaders

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread : 77

You do not have permission to view the list of names.