Vote: Iran's player of the year? (Choose max 3 choices) - Page 2

View Poll Results: Iran's player of the year? (Choose max 3 choices)

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amir Abedzadeh

3 5.88%
  • Sardar Azmoun

33 64.71%
  • Alireza Beiranvand

3 5.88%
  • Omid Ebrahimi

5 9.80%
  • Mehdi Ghaedi

2 3.92%
  • Vouria Ghafouri

2 3.92%
  • Ali Gholizadeh

9 17.65%
  • Reza Ghoochannejhad

0 0%
  • Majid Hosseini

1 1.96%
  • Alireza Jahanbakhsh

1 1.96%
  • Mehrdad Mohammadi

4 7.84%
  • Milad Mohammadi

15 29.41%
  • Arsalan Motahari

1 1.96%
  • Payam Niazmand

1 1.96%
  • Omid Noorafkan

0 0%
  • Ahmad Nourollahi

0 0%
  • Kaveh Rezaei

12 23.53%
  • Mehdi Taremi

25 49.02%
  • Mehdi Torabi

0 0%
  • Other (name them)

1 1.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vote: Iran's player of the year? (Choose max 3 choices)

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,549 Times in 5,051 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    this is not even a contest. The time frame in question stretches from mid march to now.

Taremi, however solid his maiden euro season has been, has only been in europe for half that time.

Azmoun has been in the best form of his career, nearly clinching top RPL scorer last season, winning the league, scoring crucial goals in europa league, and this season providing strong performances and goals in CL and on track for back to back league titles.

Last year I voted for beira, he was the deserving winner. But there is really no competition for sardar this time. He has been incredibly consistent in both domestic and higher level european competition as well, with some silverware to back it up too.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,841 Times in 2,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scuderia View Post
    Torabi shouldnt even be on that list if you ask me. Absolutely no talent, stuck in Iran forever.
    Its because hes on Persepolis.

I don't like either of their attitudes off the pitch as a Persepolis supporter, but Alipour has grown more on me over Torabi.
    Torabi has a lot of the shortcomings of PGL in his game namely: incessant dribbling, unfocused passes, wild shots.

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,129 Times in 5,680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    this is not even a contest. The time frame in question stretches from mid march to now.

Taremi, however solid his maiden euro season has been, has only been in europe for half that time.

Azmoun has been in the best form of his career, nearly clinching top RPL scorer last season, winning the league, scoring crucial goals in europa league, and this season providing strong performances and goals in CL and on track for back to back league titles.

Last year I voted for beira, he was the deserving winner. But there is really no competition for sardar this time. He has been incredibly consistent in both domestic and higher level european competition as well, with some silverware to back it up too.
    Yep, I agree
    He should win this award handily purely based on the overall whole year performances...perhaps..!
    BUT, (a Big O Hairy Butt...! @that ..!) the Timeframe in poll’s question Also coincides with possibly his Weakest Extended Performances in TM shirt so far in his still young career too ..!?
    In fact barring his good performances in AC 19 (mostly vs tokhmy opponents) he was a massive flop in TM colors overall while being counted on to be it's biggest star..!!
    Mehdi Taremi on other hand played a far more effective and clutch role in Success of TM by comparison last year and his club career trajectory shot way up too during the same period, not overall his club performance still pales to that of sardar's..!!

all in all , Sardar gets my vote too for this poll too..!

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,380 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Surprised there is not more votes for Omid Ebrahimi.. The man is killing it in Belgium this year! He's not a big time name but a freaking workhorse! Proud of his progression!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to naderb94 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,549 Times in 5,051 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    Yep, I agree
    He should win this award handily purely based on the overall whole year performances...perhaps..!
    BUT, (a Big O Hairy Butt...! @that ..!) the Timeframe in poll’s question Also coincides with possibly his Weakest Extended Performances in TM shirt so far in his still young career too ..!?
    In fact barring his good performances in AC 19 (mostly vs tokhmy opponents) he was a massive flop in TM colors overall while being counted on to be it's biggest star..!!
    Mehdi Taremi on other hand played a far more effective and clutch role in Success of TM by comparison last year and his club career trajectory shot way up too during the same period, not overall his club performance still pales to that of sardar's..!!
    all in all , Sardar gets my vote too for this poll too..!
    from previous march to today tm has only has a couple qualifiers...sardar and taremi were both equally non factors vs iraq and bahrain.

I am also impressed with omid ebrahimi, a really strong season in belgium immediately becoming indispensable part of his team and consistently solid performances for tm, bar the iraq match when everybody was terrible.

Forum Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,744 Times in 4,291 Posts
    Taremi

Azmoun

Milad Mohammadi

These players have all been increasing their level of play by pushing themselves.

Mehdi has shown that he is very capable of producing at a serious level and has shown it against big teams.

Azmoun has shown the same

And most surprisingly Milad went from warming the bench to being an integral part of a gent team that has had extremely impressive domestic results and that overperformed in european competitions against big name teams as well.
    AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KeonKish For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,129 Times in 5,680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naderb94 View Post
    Surprised there is not more votes for Omid Ebrahimi.. The man is killing it in Belgium this year! He's not a big time name but a freaking workhorse! Proud of his progression!
    He was one of the highest overall quality players in PGL for many years before finally given his (very late) chance to impress in TM by CQ & no doubt he delivered & faired pretty well as I expected it.
    He has always been a bit undersized for his playing position & I wonder if by now he maybe a bit sorta aged & played out to be relied upon too heavily internationally moving forward ..!?
    Haven’t seen him yet in action for his Belgian club but been reading mostly great reports of his performances there which is very encouraging considering how short we are in ready to go younger DM replacements...! He hasn’t been as imposing & effective of a DM in TM without Saeed’s partnership to cover for some of his inherent shortcomings..!
    After Massoud & haj safi, & Dejagha he is likely to be the next MF candidate in need of phasing out. Who do we have down the pipeline coming up anyways!? Which highlights just how badly we need Saeed back in full swing of things .. !

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,101 Times in 2,545 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by _Navid_ View Post
    Poll created. Please vote too.
    Navi jan, I think Mohammad Mohebi should be added to the list to due to the CONTEXT of how much he improved from playing in 2nd division Iranian football all the way to being a regular starter for TM and playing premier Iranian football as well as Asian Champions League football. And having more goals and assists already than he did in the 2nd division of Iranian football.

Some of course will write him off without appreciating the CONTEXT that he was playing 2nd division football this time last year, but honestly what can you say/do? I hope if he becomes a star, people will not have a change of mind.

PFDC Supporter

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,525 Times in 1,584 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicester City View Post
    Navi jan, I think Mohammad Mohebi should be added to the list to due to the CONTEXT of how much he improved from playing in 2nd division Iranian football all the way to being a regular starter for TM and playing premier Iranian football as well as Asian Champions League football. And having more goals and assists already than he did in the 2nd division of Iranian football.

Some of course will write him off without appreciating the CONTEXT that he was playing 2nd division football this time last year, but honestly what can you say/do? I hope if he becomes a star, people will not have a change of mind.
    Hoorad jan he was one of the few people I was strongly considering to add to the list but it was a hard decision at the end. No doubt he had a good last 6 months in the league and ACL, but I think his undeserving start at the last 2 TM games and his absence in top football in the first half of the year put me off.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to _Navid_ For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread : 72

You do not have permission to view the list of names.