Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote: Iran's player of the year? (Choose max 3 choices)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote: Iran's player of the year? (Choose max 3 choices)

So we are almost at the end of the current year and time to do my traditional thread to select the best Iranian footballer of the year. This question is based on the performance in the current Persian year and not who is the best TM player!

In the past 4 years I posted similar threads and Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun, Jahanbakhsh and Beiranvand won them in 1394, 1395, 1396 and 1397, respectively!

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...er-of-the-year
    http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...er-of-the-year
    http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...es)&highlight=
    http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...es)&highlight=

Options are in alphabetical order. A few of the choices were difficult to make. If your player is not in the list put his name in the comments.

Choose between 1 to 3 players.
    Amir Abedzadeh
    0%
    Sardar Azmoun
    0%
    Alireza Beiranvand
    0%
    Omid Ebrahimi
    0%
    Mehdi Ghaedi
    0%
    Vouria Ghafouri
    0%
    Ali Gholizadeh
    0%
    Reza Ghoochannejhad
    0%
    Majid Hosseini
    0%
    Alireza Jahanbakhsh
    0%
    Mehrdad Mohammadi
    0%
    Milad Mohammadi
    0%
    Arsalan Motahari
    0%
    Payam Niazmand
    0%
    Omid Noorafkan
    0%
    Ahmad Nourollahi
    0%
    Kaveh Rezaei
    0%
    Mehdi Taremi
    0%
    Mehdi Torabi
    0%
    Other (name them)
    0%

The poll is expired.

Mehrdad Mohammadi, Amir Abedzadeh, and Mehdi Taremi.

Comment

For the year 1398 - in no particular order:

Mehdi Taremi
      Sardar Azmoun
      Milad Mohammadi

Honorable mentions:
      Ali Gholizadeh
      Mehrdad Mohammadi
      Kaveh Rezaei
      Ahmad Noorollahi

Comment

Poll created. Please vote too.

Comment

Milad Mohammadi, Vouria Ghafouri, and Mehdi Taremi.

-1 vote for Torabi

Comment

1. Niazmand - has been the most impressive player in PGPL tons and tons of clean sheets and amazing performances.

2. Kaveh - bounces back from a serious injury and looks just as good as he did before it which for anyone who’s played the game before knows is extremely difficult.

3. Mehrdad Mo - first year in Europe on a crappy team is still able to score goals and put in impressive performances every week all from a guy who nobody expected a whole lot from and wasn’t in the convo for TM. Now he’s not only in the convo but i think most would agree he should have some role in the team and consistently feature either off the bench or maybe even in the XI
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Sardar Azmoun - By far the most successful player of the year. Although he has a bit of a goal drought as of late, that doesnt take away from him being on point for the majority of the season.

Mehdi Taremi - It was quite the surprise when he signed for Rio Ave. It was an even bigger surprise of how he was time and time again either scoring or winning penalties. This choice is a no brainer.

Ali Gholizadeh - VERY tough call choosing Gholizadeh over Kaveh. Both are killing it in Charleroi. However, Gholizadehs technicality and downright finesse with the ball is what won me over.

Honorable Mentions:
              Kaveh Rezaei - see above.
              Mehdi Ghaedi - Could make it into the top once he gets out of the damn IPL or grows as a player.
              Mohammadi Bros. - easy choice.
              #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Mammad, Ghasem, Jaffar Agha, and I’d say Adesor Vafaseyas sibil is an honorable mention

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  For the year 1398 - in no particular order:

Mehdi Taremi
                  Sardar Azmoun
                  Milad Mohammadi

Honorable mentions:
                  Ali Gholizadeh
                  Mehrdad Mohammadi
                  Kaveh Rezaei
                  Ahmad Noorollahi
                  Those are the 3 I voted for too..!
                  HM choices are pretty good too ..!

Comment

Torabi shouldnt even be on that list if you ask me. Absolutely no talent, stuck in Iran forever.

Comment

this is not even a contest. The time frame in question stretches from mid march to now.

Taremi, however solid his maiden euro season has been, has only been in europe for half that time.

Azmoun has been in the best form of his career, nearly clinching top RPL scorer last season, winning the league, scoring crucial goals in europa league, and this season providing strong performances and goals in CL and on track for back to back league titles.

Last year I voted for beira, he was the deserving winner. But there is really no competition for sardar this time. He has been incredibly consistent in both domestic and higher level european competition as well, with some silverware to back it up too.

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                        Torabi shouldnt even be on that list if you ask me. Absolutely no talent, stuck in Iran forever.
                        Its because hes on Persepolis.

I don't like either of their attitudes off the pitch as a Persepolis supporter, but Alipour has grown more on me over Torabi.
                        Torabi has a lot of the shortcomings of PGL in his game namely: incessant dribbling, unfocused passes, wild shots.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          this is not even a contest. The time frame in question stretches from mid march to now.

Taremi, however solid his maiden euro season has been, has only been in europe for half that time.

Azmoun has been in the best form of his career, nearly clinching top RPL scorer last season, winning the league, scoring crucial goals in europa league, and this season providing strong performances and goals in CL and on track for back to back league titles.

Last year I voted for beira, he was the deserving winner. But there is really no competition for sardar this time. He has been incredibly consistent in both domestic and higher level european competition as well, with some silverware to back it up too.
                          Yep, I agree
                          He should win this award handily purely based on the overall whole year performances...perhaps..!
                          BUT, (a Big O Hairy Butt...! @that ..!) the Timeframe in poll’s question Also coincides with possibly his Weakest Extended Performances in TM shirt so far in his still young career too ..!?
                          In fact barring his good performances in AC 19 (mostly vs tokhmy opponents) he was a massive flop in TM colors overall while being counted on to be it's biggest star..!!
                          Mehdi Taremi on other hand played a far more effective and clutch role in Success of TM by comparison last year and his club career trajectory shot way up too during the same period, not overall his club performance still pales to that of sardar's..!!

all in all , Sardar gets my vote too for this poll too..!

Comment

Surprised there is not more votes for Omid Ebrahimi.. The man is killing it in Belgium this year! He's not a big time name but a freaking workhorse! Proud of his progression!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                              Yep, I agree
                              He should win this award handily purely based on the overall whole year performances...perhaps..!
                              BUT, (a Big O Hairy Butt...! @that ..!) the Timeframe in poll’s question Also coincides with possibly his Weakest Extended Performances in TM shirt so far in his still young career too ..!?
                              In fact barring his good performances in AC 19 (mostly vs tokhmy opponents) he was a massive flop in TM colors overall while being counted on to be it's biggest star..!!
                              Mehdi Taremi on other hand played a far more effective and clutch role in Success of TM by comparison last year and his club career trajectory shot way up too during the same period, not overall his club performance still pales to that of sardar's..!!
                              all in all , Sardar gets my vote too for this poll too..!
                              from previous march to today tm has only has a couple qualifiers...sardar and taremi were both equally non factors vs iraq and bahrain.

I am also impressed with omid ebrahimi, a really strong season in belgium immediately becoming indispensable part of his team and consistently solid performances for tm, bar the iraq match when everybody was terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X