TM Coach - Dragan_Skočić

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    i dont follow iran's domestic football, but its reassuring to hear from those who do that he is a decent coach...! can you guys elaborate on his team's preferred style of play and formations..!!?

his best bet would be to keep it overall defensive and counter attacking ..!

@ a very least he doesnt mind living and working in iran and it looks like he actually give a fk about his jobs, that by itself is already a massive upgrade over his moftkhor asshole predecessor..!

what are the chances of Hashemian accepting to assist him.?? if he pouts, Dragan should certainly opt for Markar next..!!
    Lets get to work rightaway agha Ejdeha..!!

Best wishes and good luck coach..!! hope you make a believer out of me too..!
    He was Foulad Coach 2015 Asian Championship.
    They group with Al Hilal , Al Sadd and Lokomotive
    Foulad did not lose home game.

Group stage of the Asian Champions League 2015

Foulad 0:0 Al Hilal
    Foulad 0:0 Al Sadd
    Foulad 1:0 Lokomotive

Al Hilal 2:0 Foulad
    Al Sadd 1:0 Foulad
    Lokomotive 1:1 Foulad

Al Hilal was strong team and defeated Perspolis 3:1
    None of Iranian teams ( Perspolis, Tractor, Naft , Foulad ) did well

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
      Something I like a lot about his track record is the big success with outsiders in Cup competition. Seems he really knows how to motivate teams and get results in do or die games. 2 Cup titles and reaching 3 further Cup finals really is something that makes me hopeful for our four upcoming finals!
      He like stats more than names.
      He benches star players in his team if stat is no good.He got in trouble with Foulad because of that.
      Mehrdad Jamati LB was star of Foulad , Co Captain and was invited to TM. When he got injury just Like Arash Afshin, he did not fully recover and his stat got bad.
      Skocic bench him and did not want him. That caused series problem and he ultimately left caching Foulad.
      Mehrdad Jamati moved to other teams, but he was not recovered from Injury and Dragan was right.
      Last edited by St_Mark; 02-06-2020, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Well, we finally have a TM coach. Given the dire circumstances TM, IFF and the whole country is in, this is a descent choice. Skocic has coached second tier IPL teams and every time, with notable consistency, he has taken them to a higher level while facing mismanagement and lack of funds. Now, this is a whole new level both in terms of strategy/tactics and overall management of an Asian top tier national team whose fan base’s passion is the highest in the continent. Skocic has everything to rise to this challenge and next few months will be his big test. Managing the stars of TM and establishing discipline and unity shall be his most difficult challenge. The silver linings are: his familiarity with IPL and our culture, his commitment to stay in Iran in spite all the hardship that shows some affinity for Iran and relatively easy first two game against Hong Kong (home) and Cambodia (away) before facing Bahrain and Iraq. I wish him great success because I love Iran and I love our TM.

Go TM!

Comment

At this stage, anything is better than nothing!

Dragon may not be the top class coach, but I am glad we didn't end up with either Daie or Galehnoie. Either of the two would have brought a lot old baggage that TM doesn't need at this juncture.

Dragon has spent many years in Iran and has a good knowledge of Iranian football. He knows the establishment, the politics, the psychology of Iranian players. He has relationships with the federation, coaches and the clubs which he can leverage to get things done in his favour. TM is not going to have many chances for international friendlies, he needs to come up with alternatives to get the momentum going and the team ready for the upcoming qualifying games. The two games against Hong Kong and Cambodia are not only important to bank 6 points, but he can also use the occasions smartly to evaluate players and prepare for the games with Bahrain and Iraq starting in June this year.

Time is running out fast. I hope he has already started working.

Have they announced his assists? I hope it is not Hashemian!

Comment

I approve of Dragan Skokic being appointed TM manager given the current circumstances. From the teams he has managed, I hear that he has excellent relations with his players and he is considered a players coach. I'm not sure how this will translate to since TM is much bigger than anything he's ever managed, but I feel like he deserves an opportunity after all he has done for Iranian football.

Comment

Definitely not a good choice on paper, let's not complain and see how he does. Finishing 6th twice in the IPL then managing a super rich team in League 1 and not being able to get them promoted and now managing Team Melli?! Daei, GN, Yahya etc all had a better resume than this guy. As a person I like him though and a couple of Sanat Naft matches that I watched this year they seemed like they had a decent system. If he gets us to the next round then we would have to keep him but I really don't think he's good enough.
              چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
              We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Agreed with alot of what is being said here. Given the circumstances, this is a sensible hire. The man knows Iran, accepted to be paid in rial, and has proven to get the most out of teams with a shoestring budget (sounds like our TM!). He may not be the coach we want, but he is the coach we have. Lets rally behind him and our national team and lets go out and shock the world now.

Comment

I am shocked that Skocic has agreed to be paid in Riyals ????
                  That is huge.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                    I am shocked that Skocic has agreed to be in Riyals ????
                    That is huge.
                    And agreed to play 140 K to Sanat Naft for cancellation.
                    I hope SNA accept Iranian currency.

Yes at the time when some Iranian ̶ ̶A̶s̶s̶h̶o̶l̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶s̶ demanding to include in their contract Dollar as currency of payment , Skocic accept to get Toman.

Understanding Risk and Reward

:
                    He had faith in himself that can take Iran to the WC. If he does that he will be among the elites WC coaches and future financial benefit.
                    He is taking this risk

Comment

The most important thing for dragon is to unite and motivate our TM players. We have an amazingly deep roster of European based players that are match fit and ready to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                        I am shocked that Skocic has agreed to be in Riyals ????
                        That is huge.
                        I feel like that is what ultimately got him the job otherwise Branko is who they wanted but he wanted to get paid in euros.
                        This is a risky move, but this is a very good step for his career. Even if he fails, he can put TM manager on his resume and go back to coaching another IPL club.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                          I feel like that is what ultimately got him the job otherwise Branko is who they wanted but he wanted to get paid in euros.
                          This is a risky move, but this is a very good step for his career. Even if he fails, he can put TM manager on his resume and go back to coaching another IPL club.
                          \\\

There are 4 games
                          IF politics does not get involve , 3 at home, two easier games

All these risks are really for two home game !

Reward at least 2 years contract and Coach at WC

Very smart choice for him.
                          He will make it

Comment

I really hope he uses the player pool to its depth. Dont blow any spots on guys like Shojaei, Amiri, Torabi, Mohebbi, etc.

Get Ghoddos/Jahanbakhsh back in.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                              I really hope he uses the player pool to its depth. Dont blow any spots on guys like Shojaei, Amiri, Torabi, Mohebbi, etc.
                              Get Ghoddos/Jahanbakhsh back in.
                              This is just Start, and he will face challenges and hard choices
                              First he has to select his coaching team/staff , then coordinate with league about schedule and possible friendlies. Player selection, relationship and monitoring players abroad is among the hardest challenge . He has to monitor opponents as swell/

Comment

he was also the first croat to ever play abroad (in Spain with Las Palmas)

Comment

Working...
                                X