X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
    his total contract was worth 3m euro, transfer + salary
    Thank you for clarification, i just checked Antwerp payed 600K€ to Perspolis, leaves 2.4 milion € salary for 3 seasons (800K a season, before tax, which converts into like 450, 500K after).

Comment

I remember when CQ first started using Beiranvand, I was real nervous cuz of his shaky performances. But he stuck with him, and what was the result?

Great goalkeeping during WC18. However, he still struggles with nervousness. Even against Portugal it was on display during the 1st 20 minutes.

His poor performances are not a reflection of his regression of talent, but of mental psyche. If I was the coach, I’d still stick with him. Let him grow into his role.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
        I remember when CQ first started using Beiranvand, I was real nervous cuz of his shaky performances. But he stuck with him, and what was the result?

Great goalkeeping during WC18. However, he still struggles with nervousness. Even against Portugal it was on display during the 1st 20 minutes.

His poor performances are not a reflection of his regression of talent, but of mental psyche. If I was the coach, I’d still stick with him. Let him grow into his role.
        Im not sure if nervousness is the right word. Sometimes he just has lapses in judgement. When his form is bad these are magnified. When he is balling they are minimized and his natural freakish talent allows him to do things most GKs cant. (even ones with way stronger fundamentals than him).

He has had these lapses as you semi regularly. Hes had them for TM, hes had them for PP. He knows how to get over them.

I dont see them dropping him yet at all like some do. If they did that would signal end for him at antwerp and I highly doubt with amount of people in board pulling for him, new coach who has just played once and is without another comparable option in terms of experience (other gk is 21 with not even 5 league games in his life), that his starting job is under immediate threat.

He needs to be calm and not panic like many on this thread lol. He already showed for antwerp he can be a monster like he was vs spurs. He is not helped by backline giving ball away 5 metres from goal regularly.

Next league game is next Sunday vs Gent and milad.

Comment

defense at fault for first two goals. Made an error with the third should have catched the ball but then again bad defense.

Had a nice save at 55' and a blunder which he corrected after 3 0. His defense let him down

Would be harsh to drop him for that game, Spurs game was good , Brugge didn't watch. GK need time and confidence

Comment

It sucks because as much as I am trying to think of any way to see a positive in his performance I can’t to be fair against a team like this he should not be conceding like this at all his positioning on the 2nd goal was not good and for the 1st one he was too slow to react and last one well that one is self explanatory it’s a good gut check for him though once he bounces from this he will have it all I feel like

Comment

No highlights?

Comment

Originally posted by Nika89 View Post
                No highlights?
                https://www.proximus.be/pickx/nl/210...forza.football

Comment

Ye jorhaayi delam baraye Beiro misooze.

Az hameye bazikonhaaye naamdaari ke dar Europa darim fekr mikonam Beiranvand kesi baashe az hame barash sakhtare dar farhange

Europa jay biyofte.

Va in Lenko ham mozo raa badtar kard. Vaghean morrabbie bi-kelaasi ast.

Az tahe delam omidvaram ke baazie badi dar tarkibe team baashe va betone jobran kone.
                  DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Pretty insane weekend.

Went from Taremi, Ghoddos, and Gholizadeh making MOTM in their respective games, to opening this thread and saw "When the 3rd goal went in..."

Really depressing.
                    #WilmotsOUT

Comment

firsrt and second goal not his fault but the 3rd goal come on he have to save that. i wont be surprised if the coach bench beiranand again

Comment

so, is everyone chilled down yet? Beira just played his 3rd game in 6 months time, in a new "world" , new team and under a lot of pressure! Beiranvand didn't lost it and will eventually regain his usual self. What he needs is games and confidence, but he is getting exactly the opposite. The Belgium press is roasting him after the Mechelen game, just like a lot of you are doing...

Go Beira, show all these ciritics what you're made of!! Hopefully you will get more chances in Antwerp, but if not, demand a transfer in the summer and prove everyone wrong wherever your journey brings you.
                        Who can say they run from the protection and warmth of their mothers house, sleeping in the streets of a mega city like Tehran and at the end went to a World Cup, stopped a Cristiano Ronaldo penalty? Who can say the played in ACL finals?

YOUR THE MAN Beira!
                        Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                        O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                          so, is everyone chilled down yet? Beira just played his 3rd game in 6 months time, in a new "world" , new team and under a lot of pressure! Beiranvand didn't lost it and will eventually regain his usual self. What he needs is games and confidence, but he is getting exactly the opposite. The Belgium press is roasting him after the Mechelen game, just like a lot of you are doing...

Go Beira, show all these ciritics what you're made of!! Hopefully you will get more chances in Antwerp, but if not, demand a transfer in the summer and prove everyone wrong wherever your journey brings you.
                          Who can say they run from the protection and warmth of their mothers house, sleeping in the streets of a mega city like Tehran and at the end went to a World Cup, stopped a Cristiano Ronaldo penalty? Who can say the played in ACL finals?

YOUR THE MAN Beira!
                          Antwerp like every club is not a humanitarian association. They don't have the patience to wait.
                          Beiro played three games. The one in europa league was good even if he shows some signs of shakiness. The two in the league weren't good at all.

Himself recognized he was nervous in his first game in EL because he wanted not to concede a bad goal. Though he did really big mistakes in his two leagues games after.
                          Neither the fans, nor the medias, antwerp management and players will be confident with him in goals after so many blunders.
                          It is even Said they are looking to a new GK btw

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                            Antwerp like every club is not a humanitarian association. They don't have the patience to wait.
                            Beiro played three games. The one in europa league was good even if he shows some signs of shakiness. The two in the league weren't good at all.
                            Himself recognized he was nervous in his first game in EL because he wanted not to concede a bad goal. Though he did really big mistakes in his two leagues games after.
                            Neither the fans, nor the medias, antwerp management and players will be confident with him in goals after so many blunders.
                            It is even Said they are looking to a new GK btw
                            That's what I'm worried about. Antwerp isn't a middle table team who has the time to "experiment". They are in EL, and pushing to for a top 4 finish in the league this year.

Not sure if Alireza will be benched for the next game, but one more bad performance and they will have no option to try their 3rd string goalie.

Comment

experiment?? Antwerp has bought a world class keeper, put him on the bench for 6 months, throw him before the lions in a huge game, cut his head of after a mediocre game and you all think Beiranvand should perform like a Lion in his 3rd match?

Please all, get some sense of reality
                              Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                              O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                                experiment?? Antwerp has bought a world class keeper, put him on the bench for 6 months, throw him before the lions in a huge game, cut his head of after a mediocre game and you all think Beiranvand should perform like a Lion in his 3rd match?

Please all, get some sense of reality
                                Words have meaning. Alireza is a good goal keeper, but he is in no shape or form a "World class keeper" at leats not yet. World class keepers don't get transferred for half a mil.

Neuer, Courtious, Donnarumma, De Gea are world class. Saving a penalty against Ronaldo doesn't automatically make you world class. Consistent performance in top leagues does.

And nobody is expecting Alireza to "Play like a lion", just expect him to make simple saves and not consistently make bad exists like he has in the last two games.

Again, I hope he performs well the next few matches and regains his confidence, just don't be surprised if Antwerp cut their losses and try something new if Alireza fails at basic goal keeping duties in his next few matches.

Comment

Working...
                                X