Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully this change of scenery helps his confidence and gets him to being the beast he is

Portugal has been a much better place for Iranians than Belgium

Comment

We don't know a loan, loan with option to buy or a buy... but none the less, a much needed new beginning for Alireza...

Comment

Damesh garm. Go where you’re wanted.

Comment

its a loan with option apparently so he will remain on the same money as his current contract (which is quite high). Whether that is covered exclusively by boavista or antwerp are still paying a percentage I am not sure.

The speed this ended showed me how serious he is. He will get a full pre season with them and have time to integrate with the backline.

Comment

Can we get a new thread for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Melvino View Post
              I’ve been told that beiranvand will sign with a new club in the next 24 hours (information to be taken with a pinch of salt)

Edit : apparently in portuguese league
              My source was right then, except for the 24 hours maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Melvino View Post
                My source was right then, except for the 24 hours maybe
                Honestly, it was close enough. He played yesterday and today he signs lol. Pretty fast turnaround.

Comment

Great news! Im glad that he left Wiltits-country!
                  Now the portugese league will be eaven more fun to follow! Hope to se Azmoun there aswell in Porto if that rumor was true.. Why not pop in Ghaedi and Ezza aswell in a mid table team?
                  Liga Nos will be the new IPL 2.0
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                    Nice decision to leave belgium for portugal at the beginning of the preseason. Better league, less toxic.
                    Wish JB would have the same balls
                    Balls?
                    JB already did his time and dominated one of these farmers/fishermen leagues. The dude went to Europe at a young worked his ass off and eventually became the top player of the league. He has already proven himself in Europe, something Beiro has yet to do.

I wish Beiro the best, and he made the right decision by going to a smaller club to get playing time. Hopefully he gets a chance to work on his fundamentals in a more stable environment.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                      Balls?
                      JB already did his time and dominated one of these farmers/fishermen leagues. The dude went to Europe at a young worked his ass off and eventually became the top player of the league. He has already proven himself in Europe, something Beiro has yet to do.

I wish Beiro the best, and he made the right decision by going to a smaller club to get playing time. Hopefully he gets a chance to work on his fundamentals in a more stable environment.
                      Yes brighton isn't a good fit and he has less and less playing time there but he still stay there

Comment

Beiro is "talented" keeper according to a top manager: Jose Mourinho and according to another top manger who is about to win UEFA Euro 2020, Gareth southgate "talent gets you through the gate" and the rest is attainable by training, learning and experience. So Alireza needs a good club to turn him into a world class goal keeper. Portuguese clubs are good at that.
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic
                        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                          Balls?
                          yes balls. He recognized his club situation was not positive for his career (not talking finances) and that it was not going anywhere besides some sub appearances here and there and getting scapegoated for the team's actual clear deficiencies. He chose to play regularly and keep himself in top shape for TM, even if it meant he had to change country and go through some other hurdles like move his wife and two very young kids 2x within a year. He recognized the risk associated with not being in top form for club, i.e another player taking his spot in TM. Even though he has performed very solid for TM of late he was still not willing to take any risk.

ARJs form has gone down the tubes since going to brighton, he regularly picks up injuries whenever he know plays a couple 90 mins a row simply bc he is lacking regular PT, he struggles to impose himself on any TM games and his starting spot is seriously in question (played zero mins vs bahrain, and only amiri injury gave him start vs Iraq). For a player that as you once said, dominated Dutch league like he did to not be the first name on the team sheet/key player with azmoun and taremi should be a major concern for him and after 4 years of sucking money in Brighton you think it would be enough to finally motivate a move in a pre WC year... The fact it doesn't is pretty concerning

Comment

The biggest issues with him seems to be mostly off-pitch..!? adaptability to EU culture, language barriers, laying off irani antics & professional demeanor & such ..!
                            On pitch he only needs to work a bit more on his composure, temperament, consistency & timing on his exits ..!

Let’s hope he settles in well in this new club in a country that’s @ a very least a bit more culturally more similar to Iran than Belgium was.
                            If he gets into it with this new team’s coaches & mgmnt etc then that may we’ll seal his Eu career fate ..!

Comment

Great to see his agent report it’s a done deal - once we have official announcement from the club we can close this thread and open a meeting one.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                yes balls. He recognized his club situation was not positive for his career (not talking finances) and that it was not going anywhere besides some sub appearances here and there and getting scapegoated for the team's actual clear deficiencies. He chose to play regularly and keep himself in top shape for TM, even if it meant he had to change country and go through some other hurdles like move his wife and two very young kids 2x within a year. He recognized the risk associated with not being in top form for club, i.e another player taking his spot in TM. Even though he has performed very solid for TM of late he was still not willing to take any risk.

ARJs form has gone down the tubes since going to brighton, he regularly picks up injuries whenever he know plays a couple 90 mins a row simply bc he is lacking regular PT, he struggles to impose himself on any TM games and his starting spot is seriously in question (played zero mins vs bahrain, and only amiri injury gave him start vs Iraq). For a player that as you once said, dominated Dutch league like he did to not be the first name on the team sheet/key player with azmoun and taremi should be a major concern for him and after 4 years of sucking money in Brighton you think it would be enough to finally motivate a move in a pre WC year... The fact it doesn't is pretty concerning
                                - Again, JB has already proved himself in a farmer's league, something that Berio has failed at. He has tried for the past few seasons to compete at the highest level of football, which is something he should be praised.for. It has made him a better all around. His vision, passing, touch, IQ, off the ball movement, defensive skills have all improved.

- JB's hamstring problems started with him overstretching on a tackle versus Everton on his first season.

- JB isn't making pocket change, so a loan move is difficult.

No reason to put down JB in order to cope with Berio's failures in Europe so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X