This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negative corona test for new Antwerp goalkeeper Beiranvand

The first corona test of Alireza Beiranvand, since Monday in Belgium to complete his transfer to Antwerp, turned out to be negative. Good news, because this way he can take his real medical / physical tests further. He will be tested twice for corona in the coming week - safety first. Captain Haroun meanwhile trained outside, but still individually.

https://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20200715_9...man-beiranvand

Antwerp has a huge impact: 'World Cup hero must ensure European successes'

Antwerp will play Europa League again next season under Ivan Leko. The Great Old is already certain of the preliminary rounds, but can also go straight if it wins the cup final of Club Brugge.

In order to do well both in the Europa League and in their own league, a broader core is necessary. Currently, that core has only narrowed with the departure of players such as Dino Arslanagic, Kevin Mirallas, Sinan Bolat and Wesley Hoedt.

With the arrival of Alireza Beiranvand, Antwerp is now in any case right between the posts. The Iranian made a big impression at the last World Cup in Russia with good performances against Portugal and Spain. In Antwerp he competes with Jean Butez.

https://www.voetbal24.be/news/62650/...pese-successen
    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Any update on Beiro?

Comment

Antwerp team photos were taken. Alireza still completing his mandatory quaruntine. Squad photo will be retaken to include him once he's been announced:

"Team photo of Antwerp: Coopman on crutches, no Beiranvand yet

Today was a photo shoot at the Great Old. The A-core posed as usual for the new team photo, also promises Dragan Lausberg and promise Bruny Nsimba were allowed to participate. Sander Coopman is still on crutches after knee surgery and will probably be out for six months. New goalkeeper Alireza Beiranvand is still in quarantine and his transfer has still not been officialized, so he was still missing in the picture. Soon a team photo will be taken with the new jerseys."

https://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20200721_9...een-beiranvand

Comment

in other news, they put up a good fight without several starters vs lyon losing 3-2, same scoreline as gent lost by. They could easily have won the game but the GK (not beira) was terrible, at direct fault for a couple goals. This is the young croatian GK, not the french GK butez that they recently signed.

Comment

He signed his contract : 3 years

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20200726_97293475

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Comment

Amazing news. Finally. I'm confident he will win over the starting spot and shine in no time. The guy has got real potential.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm so proud of Alireza Beiranvand. It's hard for goalkeepers to make it in European Leagues where they are outsiders. And it's probably harder for Iranian goalkeepers since there aren't any scouts after Iranian goalkeepers unless they've watched the World Cup. If goalkeepers don't have the right agents to guide them or connections, it's not common to see an Iranian GK jump to Europe. And when they do (Cough! Rahmati, Rosenberg Cough!) decide to stay because they don't want to work hard behind an already established, starting GK. But Alireza, despite staying in Persepolis in 2018-19 season when he had bigger offers, STILL decided to transfer to Europe. And to a decent European league and to a Top 5 and promising Belgian club in Antwerp.

Best fortunes for Ali Beiro!

Comment

Beiranvand,Mohammadi,Gholizadeh,Jahanbakhsh,Sayyad manesh,Azmoun,Taremi,Hosseini ................we need 2-3 more players in Europe who are fixed players then we nearly have a total team playing in europe.

I hope Kaveh Rezaei, Mehrad Mohammadi ......also make a good new season, hope for a great year

Comment

Fucking finally : official!!

https://royalantwerpfc.be/news/welko...za-beiranvand/

https://twitter.com/official_rafc/st...42172387147778

I updated the first post

Comment

bEiRa wIlL nEVeR LeAVe iRaN they said.

I have taremi level expectations for his first season. His inherent quality will just be so obvious.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

I have taremi level expectations for his first season. His inherent quality will just be so obvious.
                            On god bro, they want to act like they have behind the scene footage/insight. Also comments that a World Cup player who stopped shots of Ronaldo and Xavi is going to be challenged by “Butez” for playing time. So called transfer experts for ya

But that’s amazing our starting goalkeeper will be playing his trade in Europe for a good side! 👏 👏 👏

Comment

team got 19,600 followers on Twitter, let's see where they end up a week from now!

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

i admit i was one of those ...!! never doubted neither's talent and abilities for it so much as their mentalities..!!

i must say, i was/am pleasantly shocked by their decisions to take the EU plunge..!

Comment

Working...
                                X