This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, even the fans don't agree with this nobody ;

that's why they never let you (Philippe Vande Walle) become a goalkeeper coach at a big club, because you don't know anything about it, yet you have offered yourself almost everywhere
    This is the best keeper of the three at the Antwerp, who has already stopped several goals, well true is that his footwork could be better, work for Runje to work on that, that is the job of a goalkeeper trainer. On the other hand, I have never been able to throw a goalkeeper so far and powerfully.But
    I think that this failed goalkeeper coach did not watch the last World Cup in Russia, he stopped a penalty from Ronaldo and played an excellent tournament.

and

The wolf has already scored 30 goals in 6 matches. His beginning was a tragedy. Beiranvand made 4 clean sheets and 4 MOTM Antwerrp 2nd for the play offs. ridiculous bullshit and didn't watch all matches
    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by Farantino View Post
      Philippe Vande Walle, a former Belgian GK and current GK coach and contributer for Voetbal Prime tore into Alireza Beiranvand last friday. Here you can read a translation of his article that was published in Voetbalprime.

Who will win the battle between the poles at Antwerp? Ortwin De Wolf, Jean Butez and Alireza Beiranvand are the three candidates, although Philippe Vande Walle is absolutely not a fan of the latter.
      "If he is really fully fit, then I would line up Butez", explains Vande Walle at Gazet Van Antwerpen. "If that is not the case, then I will go for De Wolf. They are two promising goalkeepers who can compete with each other for that one place as a titular. Antwerp is in the right place with those two."
      Beiranvand would then be left out forever. "What I do not understand is that the scouting of Antwerp ended up at Beiranvand. His footing leaves much to be desired and that has really become of paramount importance in Europe in the last six to eight years. And then you also have his unorthodox goalkeeper style."
      Beiranvand is by no means a modern goalkeeper. "The normal range of airplay, one-on-one and line work is nowadays overrun by playing soccer. In that area, I find De Wolf and Butez in balance, although the latter shows more daring. But daring more means more risks."
      These pundit's opinions are just as good or bad as yours and mine (provided we have been involved and very interested in football for a reasonable period of time)in this forum. Most of the times they are sponsored or they gauge their opinion to the popular view or their supervisor/employer/editor/ whoever pays them. All the expressions he is using is regurgitated ones from bits hr has been reading here and there. I usually take their opinion with a pinch of salt. Beiranvand is a much better goali than the other two by miles.
      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
      نگاه میکنید.
      sigpic
      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

This Vande Walle is clearly a jealous loser who didn’t achieve jack in his career and is sad some Iranian guy he clearly has no information on is playing in a big Belgian team. He’s a loser, plain and simple.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          This Vande Walle is clearly a jealous loser who didn’t achieve jack in his career and is sad some Iranian guy he clearly has no information on is playing in a big Belgian team. He’s a loser, plain and simple.
          In addition, dude might have a biased based on Ali's nationality, heritage, culture etc.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he is racist

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
              I'm pretty sure he is racist
              Nah but he does seem to be good ole fashioned c*nt.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                is what hes saying true though? Is beiranvand so bad with his feet that it outweighs other categories he is superior? Are butez and de wolf so much better with their feet than beiro that all euro coaches would overlook their deficiencies in 1v1s, shotstopping, etc in favor of their passing?

I personally dont think that true. I think beiro has actually improved with his feet a lot and his footwork hasnt been his main problem at antwerp. He is has had a few too many rushes of blood ]to the head (esp coming out too hard for 1v1s) . I think part of that is nerves, being not in top form, and also part of it is just beiro being beiro. He has still had multiple games where he saved them points and was motm (Gent, Eupen, some others).

To answer your question about other gks, from what I have seen, not really. Both butez and de wolf have made bad passes out of the back that led to goals/pks.
                Beiro is probably the best keeper in Iran since Rahmati's good days but sadly and not their fault most of them suffer from the basic factors of this position which improving every year.
                The only one in Iran with close to world standard foot work is Abedzadeh but then the other parts of his game is not close to Beiro..

I agree he got better with his foot work but i guess we all agree he had a below average season base on his capacity and hope he works hard to improve his weakness because at the end he is a key part of TM

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Vande Walle or Nicky as they call him might be too critical of ARB's goalkeeping style because it seems very unorthodox to him and he's just not used to seeing these kinds of decisions from a goalie. We gotta accept that in Europe the position of GK undergoes changes in style and what is demanded of them every 10 years or so. I fear that Alireza waited too long before moving to Europe. However, if he shows his desire to improve and sticks to his guns sooner or later he'll succeed.
                  sigpic

Comment

I found an old interview of Philippe Vande Walle

Comment

Originally posted by Farantino View Post
                      Vande Walle or Nicky as they call him might be too critical of ARB's goalkeeping style because it seems very unorthodox to him and he's just not used to seeing these kinds of decisions from a goalie. We gotta accept that in Europe the position of GK undergoes changes in style and what is demanded of them every 10 years or so. I fear that Alireza waited too long before moving to Europe. However, if he shows his desire to improve and sticks to his guns sooner or later he'll succeed.
                      Well yes, that might be the cas that his style is Little bit unorthodox but that doesnt mean he cant be top GK. I remember during and after Porto vs Chelsea the Swedish commentators kept talkint about how unortodox Chelsea keeper Mandy is but he’s top GK and do great saves and he’s most probably one of the main reason Chelsea is doning good now.

Comment

All 3 GKs are match fit for tomorrow. After DeWolf's performance last week, we'll see if the coach comes to his senses and puts Beiro back in the goal

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                          All 3 GKs are match fit for tomorrow. After DeWolf's performance last week, we'll see if the coach comes to his senses and puts Beiro back in the goal

Very unlikely. He'll need quite a few horrible games and/or a injury before he'll bench him.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            Very unlikely. He'll need quite a few horrible games and/or a injury before he'll bench him.
                            Yet, he benches Beiro at the drop of a hat. Makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                              Yet, he benches Beiro at the drop of a hat. Makes sense.
                              If all three are fit then it would make sense to put J.Butez in goal. He was after all their first-choice goalkeeper before getting injured.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm almost 100 % sure that he will let Butez start tonight. He's been back for a while, he's been their nr 1 keeper and he will need playing time and they will play against bottom table team.

Comment

Working...
                                X