This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
    maybe we should get someone to get an interview with him to see if he knows any English or dutch?
    BTW don't Belgians speak French for that matter?
    Almost 50% of Belgium speaks Dutch (Northern part) and 50% French (southern part), their is a small part towards Germany that even speaks German.

Belgium was part of The Netherlands until 1830.
    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
      I'm sure your original post was much longer than this.
      Yeah sometimes it sounds better in the head and then it felt unneccesary and spamish so i edited it down heavily..
      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Congratulations Ali Beiranvand for taking the next step in your football career!

We wish you success and only the best at Antwerp! Damet garm Pesar!

Comment

According to Belgian sources, his medical tests are delayed because of quarantine (2 weeks it seems).

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            According to Belgian sources, his medical tests are delayed because of quarantine (2 weeks it seems).
            Well 2 weeks isnt anything compared to all these months the poor guy has waited.. but its stoll like having no insuranse for 2 weeks now, he cant slip in the bathtub or fall down the stairs until the contract is signed..
            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
              Well 2 weeks isnt anything compared to all these months the poor guy has waited.. but its stoll like having no insuranse for 2 weeks now, he cant slip in the bathtub or fall down the stairs until the contract is signed..
              It is still 2 weeks he loses to gel with the team while the nobody guy Jean Botox who just have the luck to be born in the right country can quietly prepare himself.

Hopefully it will less than 2 weeks

Comment

Belgian website with Beiro story :

In French : https://sportmagazine.levif.be/sport...eck=1594750511
                In Dutch : https://sportmagazine.knack.be/sport...eck=1594750594

We can learn Genk was really close to get him in January. Wouldn't have lose so much time because of covid

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                  It is still 2 weeks he loses to gel with the team while the nobody guy Jean Botox who just have the luck to be born in the right country can quietly prepare himself.
                  Hopefully it will less than 2 weeks
                  I understand what you mean but it cant be a surprise for Beira. , Eaven europeans that left their club for their country and then came back for the leagues have been in quarantine, like players in serie A that left and then came back.. eaven those who stayed in another euro country so he probably knew that he has to be in lock down for a litle while..
                  I dont think it will be a problem for him to be nr 1 keeper
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Finally so excited to see him play in Europe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I understand what you mean but it cant be a surprise for Beira. , Eaven europeans that left their club for their country and then came back for the leagues have been in quarantine, like players in serie A that left and then came back.. eaven those who stayed in another euro country so he probably knew that he has to be in lock down for a litle while..
                      I dont think it will be a problem for him to be nr 1 keeper
                      I really hope you’re right about that
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        For what its worth, Antwerp are building a really ambitious project. Historically they are the oldest team in belgium, and finally their old stadium is getting huge makeover this summer that will modernize it, but keeping the very close to pitch feel of the stands, reaching capacity of around 25,000. The season tickets are already sold out and they have a very loud, large, passionate fan base. Its a much bigger club than say a charleroi, much more history than even Gent or Genk for example who have become Belgiums top teams in recent times.

They have a strong defense and very experienced attacking players. They made one great signing so far which was Boya from Mouscron, a CDM, who had offers from werder bremen, Rangers, other big clubs in belgium to sign with antwerp because of their project. Their RB is excellent as well, Aurelio Buta who is the subject of interest from newcastle and wolves.

The top scorer of the league Mbokani also plays for them, Brugge and Gent have both tried to sign him this summer.

As a GK it is very hard to make it in europe if you dont know the language, cant communicate with players well. That is why its rare that a GK from out of Europe makes it to a league where they cant speak the language and start. Probably one of the most highly rated GK's outside of EU is wuilker Farinez of Venezuela who was only able to sign for Lens, a newly promoted french team on loan. Japans Gk's play for Sint truidense (lower midtable belgian team) and Portimonense (relegation candidate portugese team) only.

GK is a position that is really the spine of the team and not being able to speak language can be a real block, so many good teams wouldnt sign a foreign GK who cannot speak language/no EU experience for a number 1 spot Especially. Given that the Antwerp move is actually pretty solid for Beira. This is not the same for forwards, wingers, midfidlers, etc who dont have the same responsibility and communication requirements as a GK.

If Kaveh gets no other offers it can be a good place for him too.
                        Definitely on the bolded.

Antwerp have a clear philosophy to be a title contending team this season with the signings they have made or are going to make alongside a good manager they have brought in (I know people here hate Ivan Leko for injuring Kaveh by forcing him to play a match with an injury, these mistakes happen, he is still a good coach who loves Kaveh). Hey, I'd even gamble on saying Antwerp will win the title because a strong defence, great goalkeeper, decent midfield, and lethal strikers is a recipe for a title contending XI.

I know some people here would have preferred Genk which imo is also a very good team in Belgium who have sold lots of their players to PL (e.g. Berge -> Sheff. Utd.), however they have not really replaced the players they have sold to other teams, in addition they will not be in EL, Antwerp will be in 3rd qualifying round which they should go through. As far as non-football related things go, Antwerp is a much bigger city than Genk which is isolated in Eastern Belgium. Also as mentioned prior, Antwerp are improving their facilities, upgrading their stadium, etc... Beiranvand will recieve better wages at Antwerp, in addition to Antwerp making the better financial offer to Persepolis so they can pay off any debt they may owe.

In terms of formations/tactics, Leko likes to rotate between a 3-4-1-2, 3-5-2, 3-4-3 and 5-3-2 or a 5-2-3 variant. Out of these 4 formations, Leko likes using the 3-4-1-2 formation the most. He used the 3-4-1-2 often back at Club Brugge, however based on their friendly Royal Antwerp had weeks back against Brasschaat, Leko used a 3-4-2-1 rather than a 3-4-1-2 opting to play a single striker system with 2 players behind the striker, pretty much either 2 number 10's or 2 false 9's. Ivan Leko wants to bring in a new winger, 2 new strikers, CB, and possibly another playmaker with the injury of Coopman. Kaveh Rezaei, Nacer Chadli, Junior Edmilson, Cyle Larin, Jonathan Bolingi, and Godsway Donyoh are all players they have been linked to so far: https://www.voetbalbelgie.be/special...20/2020/07/14/

If 3-4-2-1:

-----------------Beiranvand----------------

-------Pius--------Boya--------De Laet----

--Buta--De Sart--Verstraete--Rodrigues--

-----------Benson-----Refaelov------------

------------------Mbokani------------------

If 3-4-1-2:

-----------------Beiranvand----------------

-------Pius--------Boya--------De Laet----

--Buta--De Sart--Verstraete--Rodrigues--

------------------Refaelov------------------

----------Mbokani--------Rezaei-----------

Those are all title contending XI's!!!

*Disclaimer I put Rezaei here for now as this maybe his likeliest destination.

Jupiler Pro League 2020/2021 is not ready for the Mbokani-Rezaei partnership, with Beiranvand starting in goal!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                          I really hope you’re right about that
                          Yeah, me to.

I wonder if ipl teams put in the contracts with eu clubs that if the player gets sold again they get % of that sale aswell.
                          The ipl players go so cheap. Lets say Beira get a sick offer after 2years maybe go for 25 mil? A good 10% to PP would be alot of money. Same with Taremi now for his next move and Allahyar who went young and for small money.

I realy hope they bake a future sales % in to the contracts
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Yeah, me to .

I wonder if ipl teams put in the contracts with eu clubs that if the player gets sold again ther get % of that sale aswell.
                            The ipl players go so cheap. Lets say Beira get a sick offer after 2years maybe go for 25 mil? A good 10% to PP would be alot of money. Same with Taremi now for his next move and Allahyar who went young and for small money.

I realy hope they bake a future sales %
                            Let him start by becoming nr 1 in Antwerp & prove himself their
                            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                              Let him start by becoming nr 1 in Antwerp & prove himself their
                              I know it a bit early since he hasnt done the medical yet, but still i wonder
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Kind of curious of his quarantine situation. Can't imagine a professional athlete sitting in a hotel room without access to a gym for two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X