This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beiranvand-time

Beiranvand silences the critics. The Iranian goalie had a fantastic save in the second half, and thus secured the Antwerp victory. Unlike last match day, the goalkeeper was never embarrassed. He radiated calm and self-confidence. A clever metamorphosis.

https://www.voetbalprimeur.be/nieuws...t-antwerp.html

first bit of post match analysis...

Comment

They are pretty positive on their forum
      https://www.wijzijnantwerp.org/forum...9928&start=300

Comment

Good to see the management stuck with him. Although not flawless, it was a very good performance.

Hopefully another win on Wednesday against a weaker team can help him get into a winning rhythm and feel even more confident.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          They are pretty positive on their forum
          https://www.wijzijnantwerp.org/forum...9928&start=300
          here are a few from there :

Beire, Beire, Beire. The man who, according to some, was not able to compete in the 4th provincial here.:LOL:
          I leave that to the experts. Will win the match.

Super performance from him. That anyone who jokes him lightly here is just thinking twice. For example, I haven't seen Butez perform much yet .. Great
          that you also win with result football. Some will find it boring, I like to know that there is an organization back.

Content with the three points
          Content with the clean sheet
          content with Beire his interventions

Vercauteren first provides defensive stability, which was already successful after 1 week.
          Hopefully we will systematically put more pressure forward, and more forward football, because this game doesn't warm me up.

Happy with the 3 points; the team needed this to gain confidence.

Very good defensively, building up drama. But within Vercauteren's philosophy the first was the most important.

I am a fan of Beiravand fan club is a fact! Butez still has to fear for his place.
          And that seemed to me to be D'Onofrio's idea, when he got the chance to attract two full-fledged goalkeepers: at best, they (eventually) both play at a level. Because they play with an (upcoming) top team, which can also be seen on the European stage, you can make a profit on one of the two, while you still have a real number 1 with the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
            Would be interesting to read the fans reations after this game in social media
            On their facebook page, all fans calling him Burat and Iranian Nuclear blah blah last match, have all of a sudden made a god out of him. Specially that he has been the man of the match. Now they say Forever Beiranvand.

This win was important because now Antwerp has returned to 3rd position on the table. And a clean sheet after all the failures, is a big deal.

Not a single negative comment. An Iranian guy there suggested fans to be fair and not racist anymore. He suggested not to make a god out of him. He asked the fans to be consistent.
            sigpic
            SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
            IRAN
            - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Any highlights?

Comment

Addressed at those criticizing Beiranvand for his bad games: What's the point of going to Europe if you are expected not to be challenged or face challenges (whether on the pitch or off it)? If he is expected to have the same exact performances he was having in Iran without facing new challenges/struggles, then ask yourself is he really bettering himself going to Belgium?

Comment

There were also a few Iranians here who jumped on the bash beiro band wagon are now eating their word though still trying to find one or two incidents where he was't 100% successful in this game. And still talking about Beiro as if Beiro is a 10 year old school kid and they themselves are top coaches in top leagues, which I find extremely arrogant. But never mind this is a free world.
                  I still say Beiro needs at least five more games to understand the idiots in front of him and work out their strength and weakness. So we shouldn't think this is it, he is now solid and all that.
                  هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                  نگاه میکنید.
                  sigpic
                  I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

No highlights?

Comment

I think we are again overreacting, he played well, thats it.

The opposite Keeper also played well, Beiro needs more time, 1 good game is not enough and he was also test 1-2-3 times only.

Comment

https://twitter.com/TheAFCCL/status/1350752235328778241
                        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

The test for the best goalkeeper in the world is not necessarily the number of clean sheets he keeps. But the quality of his goal keeping and the saves he makes. Because you could put an average goalie in between the posts and put 4 top defenders in front of him and he will keep clean sheets.
                          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                          نگاه میکنید.
                          sigpic

Comment

Here is the video of the Penalty. IMO, it was unnecessary of Beiro since the guy had the defender right beside him. However, shit happens and I'm glad he missed the PK.

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/226...ابل-خنت

Comment

Here is the video of the Penalty. IMO, it was unnecessary of Beiro since the guy had the defender right beside him. However, shit happens and I'm glad he missed the PK.
                              Although he's always been an adventurous GK, I do think he is taking more and sometimes unnecessary risks recently. The desire to prove his worth for his new club is causing him to overcommit here and there. Today, outside of the penalty that worked to his advantage, last week not so much.

I think this will be less the case as he gets more playing time and he stops playing with a chip on his shoulder.

Comment

You are all wrong. They showed it only once from a closer angle and you could see he actually got the ball. Even in this shot you see the ball changing direction because Beiro got his hands to it. I guess they didn't show it again because the ref had already blown for penalty before going to VAR.
                                نگاه میکنید.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X