Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, regardless De Wolf performance today, I can see a trend and that is the way Antwerps defender put their own keeper in very uncomfortable situations time after time.

Comment

Damn he conceded 5 goals!! eventhough 2 was PK. Somehow I'm glad Beiro didnt play today because Rangers would have demolished this team anyway.

Comment

How are the reactions in Twitter?

Comment

he was at fault at least partially on 3 of the goals.

1st one was defenders shit backpass but his position was bad and a GK with quicker decision making + longer frame dives for the ball there.

2nd one his angles didnt look right and again I think a decent GK can save that bc the attackers had a hard angle.

3rd was right at him and he got a hand on it and still didnt divert it at all.

This performance on top of his disaster game vs brugge in the cup means I think beiro, if fit, is fine for the time being. When butez is really back (he just started training/gym so I think it will still be a few weeks at least) then coach will have a decision to make. If beiro can put together 3-4 solid games now I have a feeling the coach will stick with him. For whatever reason it seems he really likes beiro lol.

Comment

The good news of today’s performance is that it’s pure evidence that by far Antwerp’s biggest problem is their defense. They were directly at fault for 4 of the 5 goals....only one you can really 100% put on de wolf is the 3rd goal where he got his hand to the ball. His angles and close down on the second one was a little suspect too but that was also much more of a blunder on the defense. That said the management really needs to put their time and energy into getting some quality defenders bc this group they have in the back now is really sh!t and leaves whoever the keeper is stranded.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Doesn't matter who's in the goal, with such a soorakh defense Antwerp is in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                The good news of today’s performance is that it’s pure evidence that by far Antwerp’s biggest problem is their defense. They were directly at fault for 4 of the 5 goals....only one you can really 100% put on de wolf is the 3rd goal where he got his hand to the ball. His angles and close down on the second one was a little suspect too but that was also much more of a blunder on the defense. That said the management really needs to put their time and energy into getting some quality defenders bc this group they have in the back now is really sh!t and leaves whoever the keeper is stranded.
                I haven't seen any games so I can't judge myself, but from reading the comments, it seems that Alireza had a lot of personal errors. So the critics are basing their opinion on unnecessary and dangerous mistakes, rather than the amount of goals conceded.

Now when I read this, it seems like de Wolf/Butez don't have a lot of those.. doesn't sound too great for Alireza

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                  I haven't seen any games so I can't judge myself, but from reading the comments, it seems that Alireza had a lot of personal errors. So the critics are basing their opinion on unnecessary and dangerous mistakes, rather than the amount of goals conceded.
                  Now when I read this, it seems like de Wolf/Butez don't have a lot of those.. doesn't sound too great for Alireza
                  I never said Ali didn’t have personal errors I actually have been very fair in acknowledging that. De Wolfe in previous games has had some too and last night he had one (arguably 2) also. Doesn’t change the fact that their biggest problem is their defense....again as I said in my post, 4 of the 5 goals was directly bc of the defense’s lack of communication and poor positioning or just simply getting beat out by the rangers attacking players. It’s happened in league play many times too....on a regular basis constantly then miscommunication, getting beat by opposition and poor positioning is always a thing. So fact remains...the defense is the biggest problem in this team. Butez has played well all season and Ali has had some amazing performances and some not so good. The defense is consistently bad.
                  Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 02-26-2021, 08:44 AM.
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I never said Ali didn’t have personal errors 8 actually have been very fair in acknowledging that. De Wolfe in previous games has had some too and last night he had one (arguably 2) also. Doesn’t change the fact that their biggest problem is their defense....again as I said in my post, 4 of the 5 goals was directly bc of the defense’s lack of communication and poor positioning or just simply getting beat out by the rangers attacking players. It’s happened in league play many times too, the defense is the biggest problem in this team and there is no argument to be had on that. Butez has played well all season and Ali has had some amazing performances and some not so good. The defense is consistently bad.
                    Gheremz Agha with all due respect mate. After De wolf crap performance conceding 7 goals in two games you start talking about the problem being the defence. we all said that when Beiro was in goal and the defence was playing crap but you guys just attacked Beiro. you say Butes has played well (deliberately miss all the blunders he has had) all season too but when it comes to Beiro you say he has had some amazing performances but make sure you mention that some not good. Not a bad word about De Wolf or Butez. It is clear that you guys being perspolis fans hate Beiro for leaving Perspolis and haven't forgiven him for that. But just remember he is an Iranian TM player. Luckily he is a very determined professional guy who, as Mehdi Taremi also said, collects all the bricks thrown at him and uses them to build a castle for himself the more bricks the stronger the castle. Beiro is the best goal keeper Antwerp has got. All the staff at that club know that. It makes absolutely not an iota of difference what we experts on everything here say.
                    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                    نگاه میکنید.
                    sigpic
                    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                      Gheremz Agha with all due respect mate. After De wolf crap performance conceding 7 goals in two games you start talking about the problem being the defence. we all said that when Beiro was in goal and the defence was playing crap but you guys just attacked Beiro. you say Butes has played well (deliberately miss all the blunders he has had) all season too but when it comes to Beiro you say he has had some amazing performances but make sure you mention that some not good. Not a bad word about De Wolf or Butez. It is clear that you guys being perspolis fans hate Beiro for leaving Perspolis and haven't forgiven him for that. But just remember he is an Iranian TM player. Luckily he is a very determined professional guy who, as Mehdi Taremi also said, collects all the bricks thrown at him and uses them to build a castle for himself the more bricks the stronger the castle. Beiro is the best goal keeper Antwerp has got. All the staff at that club know that. It makes absolutely not an iota of difference what we experts on everything here say.
                      Haji....bringing up the amount of goals de Wolfe concedes is not a fair analysis of him as a keeper, same thing goes for beiro. Some goals are their fault and some are the defenses. It’s the amount of blunders/mistakes that’s made and yesterday’s game of the 5 goals he conceded, as a I mentioned, you can’t say more than 1 was 100% a goalkeeping error.

Also, please get your facts straight when responding to my comments and saying “you guys”.......
                      - I never attacked beiro
                      - I sure as HELL was not part of a group of PP fans angry beiro left I was begging him to leave the club for years and go to Europe

I have always been fair and objective saying he has had good and bad performances. Are you able to say the same? The fact that there were some saying that beiro wasn’t at fault for the first goal conceded against rangers shows a high level of bias of trying to protect beiro and give fair criticism when it’s due. Same thing with clear blunders he previously had.

Whether he is the best GK is not a debate, of course he is. Has he shown it yet though? That’s a fair debate to be had.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Lets not get emotional over this. No idea why you are making assumption that Perspolis fans are bashing Beiro because he left. I don't think anyone here wants to see Beiro fail. You don't need to be an "expert" to see that in the past few games Beiro has made mistakes. The first leg of the game against Rangers, he had mistakes. First goal was all on him. At the level he is playing, coughing up the ball like that is not acceptable. Just because Butez or De Wolf made mistakes when they were in-between the sticks, it doesn't immune Beiro from criticism for his mistakes. Let's not turn this into a case of whataboutism. Currently as it sits, all three of Antwerp's GKs have issues, but before the team's management makes any drastic change at GK, they need to figure out how to fix their defense. If they bring in some good defenders, and the GKs still have issues, then they need to look over their GKs.

Ali is a good GK, but lets not forget that he had a solid defense in front of him while in TM. In addition, he is still having some issues that we have seen in the past. The first 10-15 minutes of the game against Morocco he was shaky until he and the defense finally settled in. It seems like he has the nervous jitters for the first 10-15 minutes of the games, and he needs to figure out how to deal with that. In addition, while he is really good with 1v1 situations, he needs to manage his exists so that he doesn't give up a PK. I don't know how many times he's brought down a player in the box, but I keep going back to his game against Guam which resulted in him getting a straight red and our defender having to step in since TM was out of subs.

If I was part of the team's management, firstly I would do everything in my power to find a couple of defenders that would improve the defense, and also gain Ali's trust. It is clear that at this point Ali doesn't trust his defenders and is doing everything he can to make up for their shortcomings. They need someone like Jalal Hosseini who can take command of the defense. With the handful of Antwerp's games I've watched, the defense just seems lost and without any sort of command. If the defense does a proper job, and the GK trainers figure out how to deal with his nervous jitters, and get his goal kicks under control, he's clean sheet count will skyrocket.

Comment

Haji....bringing up the amount of goals de Wolfe concedes is not a fair analysis of him as a keeper, same thing goes for beiro. Some goals are their fault and some are the defenses. It’s the amount of blunders/mistakes that’s made and yesterday’s game of the 5 goals he conceded, as a I mentioned, you can’t say more than 1 was 100% a goalkeeping error.
                          Also, please get your facts straight when responding to my comments and saying “you guys”.......
                          - I never attacked beiro
                          - I sure as HELL was not part of a group of PP fans angry beiro left I was begging him to leave the club for years and go to Europe
                          I have always been fair and objective saying he has had good and bad performances. Are you able to say the same? The fact that there were some saying that beiro wasn’t at fault for the first goal conceded against rangers shows a high level of bias of trying to protect beiro and give fair criticism when it’s due. Same thing with clear blunders he previously had.
                          Whether he is the best GK is not a debate, of course he is. Has he shown it yet though? That’s a fair debate to be had.
                          Haj Agha... I am only responding to that post of yours and plus a summary of a general attitude in this thread. I haven't followed your previous post and don't know if you are a supporter, semi supporter, or hater of Beiranvand. All I can see is people suddenly become very very 'objective' and 'fair' and 'honest' blah blah in this threat only. In all other threads of our players we suddenly become extremely protective or stay quiet when the players are not performing well. I see a different pattern here. Otherwise as I said Beiro or other players really don't care what we say here. I am a supporter of Beiro and think he is currently the best keeper we have but I don't say bad words against Abedzadeh because he is also a TM player. My objection is to the bashing of our players, any of them. Because it does not make any difference but we provide amo for sport pundits to ridicule or belittle our players.
                          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                          نگاه میکنید.
                          sigpic

Comment

All Ali has to do is stop being overly aggressive on his one on one exits. European fan base prefer someone like Davari in net than Beiro. They rather see you not move off your line than to charge full force to clear a ball.
                            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Haj Agha... I am only responding to that post of yours and plus a summary of a general attitude in this thread. I haven't followed your previous post and don't know if you are a supporter, semi supporter, or hater of Beiranvand. All I can see is people suddenly become very very 'objective' and 'fair' and 'honest' blah blah in this threat only. In all other threads of our players we suddenly become extremely protective or stay quiet when the players are not performing well. I see a different pattern here. Otherwise as I said Beiro or other players really don't care what we say here. I am a supporter of Beiro and think he is currently the best keeper we have but I don't say bad words against Abedzadeh because he is also a TM player. My objection is to the bashing of our players, any of them. Because it does not make any difference but we provide amo for sport pundits to ridicule or belittle our players.
                              This is a football discussion forum. If someone does well, they will be praised, if someone plays poorly they will be criticised, and those are subjective opinions most of the time. I can be supporter of PP and acknowledge when they have a poor match, same goes for individual players.

It's how every football forum for people of every background operates. Obviously things like harassment, racism, and threats towards players should not be acceptable, but outside of that Iranians should not be held to a different standard.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                                This is a football discussion forum. If someone does well, they will be praised, if someone plays poorly they will be criticised, and those are subjective opinions most of the time. I can be supporter of PP and acknowledge when they have a poor match, same goes for individual players.
                                It's how every football forum for people of every background operates. Obviously things like harassment, racism, and threats towards players should not be acceptable, but outside of that Iranians should not be held to a different standard.
                                Yes of course and it becomes interesting when people express different opinions as long as it is done in a reasonably respectful and friendly manner. I would love to say a word or two about other players and how lazy and below average they play. I would love to download my opinion of them and frustration of players who are supposed to be TM players but are totally lazy arses and play very embarrassingly. But I refrain and just kick the ball hard in the garden instead and refrain. Maybe I ma just too nationalistic and don't like to hear crap talk about our football or players.
                                نگاه میکنید.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X