AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taz View Post
    Perspolis is right, contact between ball and hand/arm is not automatically deemed a handball. At least not in the EPL as they allowed a degree of subjectivity so that the referee can decide whether the contact falls into the definition of handball. I think Maguire's may not have been clearly visible to have been off his arm but there's countless examples of balls striking defenders' arms and no penalty being awarded even though VAR has instructed referee to view the incident.

It's safe to say VAR is a disgrace in its current guise which has only diminished the game.
    These cases might exist, probably more in the EPL than anywere else, but, in principle, VAR automatically turns contact into a handball. The question of intentionality, which dominated referees' decisions before the introduction of VAR, becomes insignificant with VAR.

Comment

The IFAB rules still state that there will be no penalty if:

- the ball touches a player's hand/arm immediately from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player.
      - the ball touches a player's hand/arm close to their body and has not made their silhouette unnaturally bigger.
      - a player is falling and the ball touches their hand/arm when it is between their body and the ground (but not extended to make the body bigger).
      - additionally, should the goalkeeper attempt to clear a ball from a teammate but fails, the goalkeeper is allowed to handle the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
        The IFAB rules still state that there will be no penalty if:

- the ball touches a player's hand/arm immediately from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player.
        - the ball touches a player's hand/arm close to their body and has not made their silhouette unnaturally bigger.
        - a player is falling and the ball touches their hand/arm when it is between their body and the ground (but not extended to make the body bigger).
        - additionally, should the goalkeeper attempt to clear a ball from a teammate but fails, the goalkeeper is allowed to handle the ball.
        Thanks for that, but VAR creates its own reality. What is more visible? Intentionality or contact? The latter crowds out any consideration of intentionality once VAR is used. Case in point: Japan's penalty against TM in AC2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
          No, my friend, you did not simply answer a question, you associated it with "anti-Iran propaganda". That's disingenuous.
          I think that your confusion regarding my posts is due to a lack of comprehension on your part. I'm not saying people here spread anti-Iranian propaganda, i'm stating that there is a lot of anti-Iranian propaganda material (in the form of propaganda in media outlets, texts, articles etc) which creates false notions regarding Iran. You can't deny that massive anti-Iranian propaganda and materials exist, this is a fact. The consequences of such disinformation is that in this case someone on this forum is baffled that Iranians wear ties. However, if one visits Iran from time to time they'll know that wearing suits and ties in Iran is quite normal, but that government officials do not wear them. This is just one example, in my opinion it is best to not rely on American/Israeli/European media regarding anything that concerns Iran, but to do your own research.

The anti-Iranian propaganda portrays Iran as a backward static country, hence you get questions like "oh do Iranians wear ties" or "oh are Iranian women allowed to work at Universities" etc.

Anyway regarding VAR, it's clear that this system has many flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
            I think that your confusion regarding my posts is due to a lack of comprehension on your part. I'm not saying people here spread anti-Iranian propaganda, i'm stating that there is a lot of anti-Iranian propaganda material (in the form of propaganda in media outlets, texts, articles etc) which creates false notions regarding Iran. You can't deny that massive anti-Iranian propaganda and materials exist, this is a fact. The consequences of such disinformation is that in this case someone on this forum is baffled that Iranians wear ties. However, if one visits Iran from time to time they'll know that wearing suits and ties in Iran is quite normal, but that government officials do not wear them. This is just one example, in my opinion it is best to not rely on American/Israeli/European media regarding anything that concerns Iran, but to do your own research.

The anti-Iranian propaganda portrays Iran as a backward static country, hence you get questions like "oh do Iranians wear ties" or "oh are Iranian women allowed to work at Universities" etc.

Anyway regarding VAR, it's clear that this system has many flaws.
            Your logic is flawed. You see things that do not exist. As a matter of fact, you do not know whether his question was because of "anti-Iran propaganda" having predisposed him to asking that question or whether he asked it because of genuine curiosity. You do not know that. Yet, you simply assume that "anti-Iran propaganda" must have played a role in him asking that question without any shred of evidence, revealing your own biases and obsessions with "anti-Iran propaganda".

Worse still, literally no one on Iranian state TV wears ties. His question was therefore absolutely legitimate. You equated Iranian state TV with Iran writ large. No one talked about the prevalence of ties in Iran writ large except yourself. You brought it up and then started arguing with, well, yourself. That's a troubling sign. And to add insult to injury, the clip in question was actually not from Iran, but from London. So what are you even going on about?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
              Draw for the play off of next ACL:
              Esteghlal/al ain uae
              Foolad/al wahda uae
              Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
              Esteghlal has no shot whatsoever with their current state. I just hope they don’t get embarsssd.

Foolad on the other hand I expect to advance. Below am has gathered a good team and gets solid results.
              Foolad will meet Al-Ain for 2021 ACL play-off round. (Don't want to jinx Foolad, but I believe they can defeat Al-Ain). As for Esteghlal, they have direct qualification to the group stage because Iran has 3 direct slots in the group stage.

Source: http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...lay-off-round/

Comment

Akhbari was selected as the top 5 Goalkeelers and leading the poll for the best GK of group stage and rightfully.
                He had a fantastic year, and IMO was the best GK of the league even though some giving it to Lak, but Akhbari was simply great this season. He also got his TM spot back after few years of not being invited due to injuries and some off the field issues.
                https://www.the-afc.com/competitions...eam-goalkeeper

Comment

Good draw for TM U23

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    Good draw for TM U23

The good thing is this team will most likely be coached by Mahdavikia and co.

Comment

Working...
                    X