No announcement yet.

AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all you young members who don’t remember, here’s one example for why we shouldn’t care if a call goes our way:

2011 AFC Champions League

Sepahan was doing great. Both in the League and in the Champions League. But one mistake (playing Rahman Ahmadi who was previously with Persepolis and suspended) vs Al Sadd cost Sepahan the tournament. Al Sadd made sure AFC was aware of this and their team made it to the final and later won the Cup.

Now I’m not saying playing Rahman Ahmadi was Al Sadd or AFC’s fault. Sepahan’s staff should have paid better attention. But the weasely nature of the whole thing by Al Sadd left a bad taste in all of our mouths. Sepahan was spanking Al Sadd. In fact they won the home game 3-0 I believe. Omid Ebrahimi and Emad Reza scored.

Nonetheless if we get anything in our favor, I could care less. I’m happy

Comment

Perspolis vs Pathakor

Comment

yessss

[ATTACH]18779[/ATTACH]
        Attached Files
        Last edited by webmaster; 09-28-2020, 01:42 AM.
        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Sorry to ask a dumb question, if 4 teams are left and it is the quaterfinals, are the semis vs 2 eastern teams?

Comment

^ the winners of west and east will play a final game if I am not mistaken.

Comment

The east zone didn't have games since age if I am not mistaken. How they are going to do?

Comment

^ we'll take the trophy if they don't show up so they better do. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                  The east zone didn't have games since age if I am not mistaken. How they are going to do?
                  They play their knockout stage games in December.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                      They play their knockout stage games in December.
                      The club world cup against bayern isnt in December too?

Btw VAR will be used from the quarter of finals

Comment

Newspapers today:

and EsEs newspaper is in another dimension I guess..... what can I say??? Hasood hargez niasood

Last edited by webmaster; 09-28-2020, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                          Newspapers today:
                          unfortunate that I cant read a word of farsi

Comment

https://www.the-afc.com/competitions...finals-decided

Persepolis is playing our Uzbek Brothers Pakhtakor

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                              https://www.the-afc.com/competitions...finals-decided

Persepolis is playing our Uzbek Brothers Pakhtakor
                              Very good draw - of the 3 options I think this is the most favorable for us.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                                If the football gods favor us, we'd be drawn with the UZB team, and the two remaining KSA teams go at it. That way, we'd only have to deal with one Saudi team on our way to the final.
                                The Football Gods heard you diz jaan. Maybe you have established some sort of a communication channel with them since you are consistently professional on this forum. If you did, please keep using it

Go Perspolis!

Comment

Working...
                                X