AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
    Really strong possibility that no Iranian teams advance to the next round.
    Good! Its a poorly scheduled tournament that always causes conflict for our national team and clubs. There is nothing to gain from it, no big TV rights, no exposure, no talent development and its certainly not entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      Good! Its a poorly scheduled tournament that always causes conflict for our national team and clubs. There is nothing to gain from it, no big TV rights, no exposure, no talent development and its certainly not entertaining.
      I certainly don't mind it either. With lack of budgets, there's no way these teams would stand a chance against the richer clubs.

Comment

Beiranvand is really disappointing... I really don't see how he's better than Hossein Hosseini or Niazmand

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
          Beiranvand is really disappointing... I really don't see how he's better than Hossein Hosseini or Niazmand
          At the moment niazmand is in the best form.
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

One thing that these ACL games are proving is that our domestic coaches are not good at all. Golmohammady, GN both beaten to the punch by not so outstanding coaches. I don't know where my good doctor Zolfi is to take notes. He talks about Iranian coaches like they are at the same level as EPL top coaches. This should prove these none of these guys were good enough to lead TM.

BTW -- we have some serious defense line problem.

Comment

not sure how beiranvand was really at fault...First goal was a tap in from two yards from unmarked player, next goal khalilzadeh totally missed his kick and the guy smashed it home, maybe beira could have closed that angle better.

Still PP defense is absolute garbage. Definitely not beiranvands fault tonight.

Comment

the year is 2020 and Seyed Jalal is your number 1 defender. Here's your problem Perspolis.
                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  Not to mention the historic, pervasive, and blatant bias against Iranian teams

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                    the year is 2020 and Seyed Jalal is your number 1 defender. Here's your problem Perspolis.
                    He's still playing? Jesus. Lets bet who retires first, Tom Brady or Seyed Jalal.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                      He's still playing? Jesus. Lets bet who retires first, Tom Brady or Seyed Jalal.
                      Brady is going to play next year. 39 yr old defenders can't be worth much.

I questioned CQ's move to exclude him from the World cup but it looks like Hosseini woud have tried to include himself in the AC and 2022 WCQ as well.

Comment

Just look at AFC and how they are smartly choosing their own teams through the referees and nobody is even bothered. Both Esteghlal and Persepolis got repeating bad decisions against them in both of their matches. Why are we the only ones who get these calls?? Makes you wonder why Iranian teams even participate in this shitty league.

If they claim they are doing it for us fans, just don't. All you AFC care about is the Arab countries because they are the main payers of course. It is very very obvious that the AFC is for sale and we Iranians don't have enough money to pay them up unfortunately. As simple as that.
                        Last edited by webmaster; 02-18-2020, 11:36 PM.
                        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Antwerp got hoodwinked.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            not sure how beiranvand was really at fault...First goal was a tap in from two yards from unmarked player, next goal khalilzadeh totally missed his kick and the guy smashed it home, maybe beira could have closed that angle better.

Still PP defense is absolute garbage. Definitely not beiranvands fault tonight.
                            A good goalie would save the shot from that angle. An average goalie (which is what Beiro has been since the past year), wouldn't.

Comment

Beiranvand in level of talent and ability is the best in Iran, but unfortunetly he doesn't have his focus at the right place, lots of ups and downx he was struggling previous to WC, then had a great WC and since has been really inconsistent.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

What do you think about an asian superleague or even merging PGL with some other leagues (Qatar league e.g)?

Comment

Working...
                                X