No announcement yet.

AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far these 4 teams have booked their ticket to the RO16: Vissel Kobe, Ulsan Hyundai, Beijing Guoan, and Yokohama F. Marinos.

Comment

https://twitter.com/TheAFCCL/status/1334527476689756165

Comment

2021 FIFA Club World Cup to remain a seven-team tournament

https://theathletic.com/news/fifa-cl...n/NLTPMlFfQG6W

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
          2021 FIFA Club World Cup to remain a seven-team tournament
          https://theathletic.com/news/fifa-cl...n/NLTPMlFfQG6W
          Meaning PP won't participate to 2021 edition if they don't win the fina of ACL next year?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            Meaning PP won't participate to 2021 edition if they don't win the fina of ACL next year?
            IF they win ACL they will participate in whenever the next edition of the tournament is. The plans to expand to 24 will not go ahead. So if they lose no I dont think they will be in anything

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              IF they win ACL they will participate in whenever the next edition of the tournament is. The plans to expand to 24 will not go ahead. So if they lose no I dont think they will be in anything
              There will be two Club World Cups now

2021 will have 7 teams

A later tournament in 2022/23 will have 24 teams in China

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_FIFA_Club_World_Cup
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future...ld_Cup_(China)

[Rob Harris] "2021 Club Word Cup will be with 7 teams in Japan later in the year. FIFA’s original plan was for a 24-team event in China in June 2021" (Says later in thread "There will be 2 Club World Cups in 2021: February in Qatar, later in the year in Japan")
              https://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comment...ill_be_with_7/

Persepolis has to win the final now to qualify for 2021

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

One of these 8 teams will be the opponent of Persepolis December 19th!

I predict Beijing Guoan, Ulsan Hyundai, Vissel Kobe, and Yokohama F. Marinos to go through to the quarter-finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                  One of these 8 teams will be the opponent of Persepolis December 19th!

I predict Beijing Guoan, Ulsan Hyundai, Vissel Kobe, and Yokohama F. Marinos to go through to the quarter-finals.
                  I feel Marinos will join the final

Comment

This Asian Championship is always designed to favor the east asian teams.

Is it really fair to have a final right after east asia completes their group and elimination round? It is obvious that their match readiness would be much higher. Persepolis who hasn't played a competitive game for months now! It would be very difficult for Persepolis. No doubt! and if they win, they have done a super duper job!

Stupid AFC can never get it right!

Comment

Don't understand why IPL postponed PP league games today

Comment

Don't understand why IPL postponed PP league games today
                        opponent had covid outbreak and they do not want to risk any PP players testing pos so close to tournament with already thin squad. makes sense.

Comment

All PP players in quarantine until the final. They don't want to risk any COVID scares pre-final.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post

Is it really fair to have a final right after east asia completes their group and elimination round? It is obvious that their match readiness would be much higher. Persepolis who hasn't played a competitive game for months now! It would be very difficult for Persepolis. No doubt! and if they win, they have done a super duper job!

In all fairness all those back-back matches could also have a reverse effect on their team. Whereas Perspolis has had more testing time. Not to mention we have also had our OGPL games, just less than a week ago we came victorious of a convincing match in our league. So we basically are match-fit.

Although all in all I do agree with you that AFC’s scheduling and preparations often favor the Far East nations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The fact that the games are in Qatar would benefit us though because of distance

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                Completely disagree. If anything this recent round of the champions league showed us it’s that whichever teams are well rested will do better. The East Asian clubs will be rested whereas Persepolis basically won’t have had a break for a while.
                                Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                                I have to disagree with you guys about who has the advantage here, I believe any team from West Asian will be at an advantage. I saw many of the East Asian team's fans criticizing tournament because the West Asian team would be well rested and most likely at full squad capacity where as their players may risk being injured, fatigued, or such that would not allow them to be at their full squad potential. Also many of China's key players did not come to the tournament like Marko Arnautovic or Cedric Bakambu.

Comment

Working...
                                X