Ran into Abedzadeh at the Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ran into Abedzadeh at the Airport

I was at LAX about 10 days ago and ran into Abedzadeh in the line of Turkish Air going back to Iran. As I got in the line he was right in from of me and I was shocked and happy to run into him in that manner. Had a very small talk with him just saying how he was my childhood hero and that I have one of his pictures signed from the mid 1360's when he played for the Isfahani club I believe. It was an interesting encounter and then he moved to the other side and the VIP and that was that!

I have to say he was all smiles and very friendly. Some others saw him too and were so excited and happy just to have seen him there. That's pretty much my story of running into an Iranian icon. I had seem Mohsen Garoosi up close too one time when I lived in Iran over 30 years ago.

And lastly I had the honor to play football with "Gholamreza Vafakhah" 2-3 times about 10 years ago. What a gentleman and player that guy is.

I saw him at Mehrabad airport in 2006. I was the first one to approach him and took a picture with him too. Then suddenly all others jumped on him and got autographs and photos.

I have seen a lot of other players, coaches, referees etc at airports and restaurants in Iran but no one like Abedzadeh that I had been a huge fan of since he started football.

Comment

I only momentary ran into a bunch of our TM boys in Red Square during the WC18...!!
      i was a bit taken back by the surprise short run-in and if it wasnt for the quick glance at the uniquely haunting cheshaye zaaghe Majid Hossaini and standing immediately next to him the recognizable ghiyafeye bache-akhoonidieh Torabi, i probably woulda just walked by them all in the busy square without noticing any of them..!!
      was taken back by the surprise sighting so just proceeded to thanked them all for making us irani fans proud with their disciplined and gheyrati performances va goftam dameh hamatoon garm, eftekhare hame ma iroonia hastin..! my older brother who was with me though had already gotten a hold of Beyranvand and asked me to come stand next to him so he could take a pic of us..!!
      didnt realize how tall the son of gun was ..!! ... dwarfed me all over .....! off course it didnt help that i was stuck too goadie oon kooche standing next to him reaching hard trying to put my hands around his shoulder in the pic....!! lol

Comment

One of the sexiest iranian players ever 😂

Comment

i once saw bonacic in esfahan in a hotel i was staying at, waas about to get into the elevator and he came towards the elevator and i kept it open for him. came in and it was an awkward situation but didnt really have any good vibe from him.

Comment

Originally posted by euphory View Post
            i once saw bonacic in esfahan in a hotel i was staying at, waas about to get into the elevator and he came towards the elevator and i kept it open for him. came in and it was an awkward situation but didnt really have any good vibe from him.
            I grew up in a hardworking middle class family. We weren't rich, but we weren't poor either.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbolista View Post
              I grew up in a hardworking middle class family. We weren't rich, but we weren't poor either.
              che rabti dasht be chizi ke neveshtam?

Comment

Comment

hahaha the statement before seemed really inconsequential "I saw so and so but didn't say or do anything", I responded with a boring / pointless origins story of my own.
                  Lighthearted joke. No offense to euphory

Comment

Working...
                  X