Breaking News !! Marc Wilmots officially out.. Branko probably the replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
    Agree with the gist of your post except the bold. Can you explain to those of us less observant what it was that CQ developed? I asked another member but it appears he did not know neither even though he had claimed so.

LOLLL dude if you don't the answer to this question, then I honestly don't know what you've been following for the past 8 years. You must be one of the cq haters because anyone who understands football and his worth, wouldn't ask a question like that.

Won't even bother answering it for you either because you'll probably disagree since you must not like cq

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
      Since Branko?! ;o)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Branko definitely had alot of enemies at the end of his reign at TM, but we had some good times with him at least.
      Whereas with Wilmots it has basically been disrespect very early on.

Comment

branko is not nearly as bad as most are making him out.....1000x better than wilmots. he is not ideal of course but realistically we cant do much better. CQ was once in a lifetime....
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
          CQ developed the Pek center and that is it.

But no youth development of any kind at all.
          Wow is this guy for real?
          Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Some people forget that most of these names are too weak to survive, how can someone think Aghajanian can be TM coach? They will eat him alive ...... CQ only survived because he didnt let them destroy him and he was a big name because he was Portugal coach ....

Comment

i miss CQ so much...wish we could just have him come back and make him a citizen..just change his name to Kayvan Koorush lol...Branko is a bad choice...iran needs a high class coach which we wont get so i guess we just have to see

Comment

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
                Some people forget that most of these names are too weak to survive, how can someone think Aghajanian can be TM coach? They will eat him alive ...... CQ only survived because he didnt let them destroy him and he was a big name because he was Portugal coach ....
                Why is Aghjanian too weak compared to let's say Golmohammadi? After 8 years as CQ's assistant, he's got claims way ahead of many others.

When TM was here, I personally had a longer chat with him while waiting for CQ to get ready to meet people. The guy sounded pretty smart too and the players seem to like and respect him. I don't see anything wrong with him as our temporary coach for now.

Comment

So sad to hear this. 2 mil for absolutely nothing.

We already had Branko as TM coach, did he succeed in Asian cup or World Cup? Remember what team he had in 2006 and how they we played under him. Shit football.

At least let’s try out a new coach.

I’m more of a favour for Daei as TM coach than Branko.

We let a great coach like CQ go. The man really loved Iran, he was a warrior for us.
                  We gained so much international respect under him.

I hope we can qualify for next round [emoji1693]

Comment

Here are Wilmots's latest tweets just published today: https://twitter.com/wilmotsmarc?lang=en, Also here is Varzesh3 article on this: https://www.varzesh3.com/news/165358...85%DB%8C%D9%86

English translations of the tweets:

Contrary to the information apparently published in the Iranian press, no amicable agreement was reached between the Iranian Football Federation and me and my staff. We are negotiating to find an amicable solution (1/2)
                    following the non-respect of the contractual obligations by the Iranian Football Federation and following my justified termination of the contract. The file being in the hands of my lawyers, I will not make any other comment. (2/2)

He was by far the most outrageous, incompetent and arrogant manager TM has had in years. Taj and his team should be removed in an emergency general session of IFF governing body. They are responsible for this fiasco. They are not to be trusted for choosing the next TM coach.

Comment

IFF needed this humiliation to appreciate Queiroz.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                        IFF needed this humiliation to appreciate Queurioz.

I actually feel bad for IFF on this.

Let's be honest, no federation in Asia or Africa is truly "independent", except for Japan. They are all dependent on gov funding, from Saudi to China to of course IFF.
                        Vezarate Varzesh never wanted to pay for CQ. They forced Wilmots on IFF. Taj always wanted Herve Renard, who would have been 1/3rd of the price and actually lives in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          I actually feel bad for IFF on this.

Let's be honest, no federation in Asia or Africa is truly "independent", except for Japan. They are all dependent on gov funding, from Saudi to China to of course IFF.
                          Vezarate Varzesh never wanted to pay for CQ. They forced Wilmots on IFF. Taj always wanted Herve Renard, who would have been 1/3rd of the price and actually lives in the country.
                          So iff should have made sure they have enough funds to sign CQ, after all he won Iran a ton of fifa prize money right?

Comment

It looks like he's trying to milk out every penny. For him it's all about money, cash, contracts and lawyers. I wouldn't want to step foot in Iran if I were this guy. Most disrespecting manager we have ever had. Makes me mad even more.

Comment

First I was talking about his Resume. Second, he made the National Team more disciplined, by kicking out Rahmati and Aghili he removed players who made themselves bigger than the team (Remember they did that after the loss to Uzbekistan). He did bring in younger players during the WC Qualifiers. But the biggest thing was he pushed players to go to Europe. When he got here Iran only had Nekounam and Masoud playing in Europe. Today many are playing and I attribute that to him. By going to other places like Greece, Belgium, Croatia etc. They become more developed which pushes a lot of the players in Iran to go else where to get noticed and develop, helping our team. CQ wasn't perfect parking the bus and all that but we had the hardest group in the whole 2018 WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                                IFF needed this humiliation to appreciate Queurioz.

Not the least the cheer leader idiots, Misaghi and Khiabani, along with Zolfagharnasab, Haj Rezaei and the rest of the old dogs who were barking for his departure.

Comment

Working...
                                X