No announcement yet.

Breaking News !! Marc Wilmots officially out.. Branko probably the replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good riddance to Wilmots for football reasons, but knowing the IFF, I am sure Wilmots has a legit grievance as well.

As for Branko: he is good enough to guarantee our failure. Great move IFF.
    زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Could one of the people who state that sports ministry is responsible here provide a credible source for this claim? I have absolutely no affinity for IR or any of its ministries whose mismanagement and corruption is the source of hardship and poverty for majority of our people. Yet, I am in no way convinced that sports ministry should be held responsible for this decision. I still hold Taj responsible since all the credible sources that I see point to him and his team as decision makers. It could be that he wanted to be agreeable to sports ministry yet that does not exonerate him since the buck stops with him from a roles and responsibilities perspective as stipulated in the IFF rules and regulations that are in congruence with FIFA's. There is a mechanism based on FIFA governance to have an emergency general session of IFF to hold him responsible for this fiasco.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
        Could one of the people who state that sports ministry is responsible here provide a credible source for this claim? I have absolutely no affinity for IR or any of its ministries whose mismanagement and corruption is the source of hardship and poverty for majority of our people. Yet, I am in no way convinced that sports ministry should be held responsible for this decision. I still hold Taj responsible since all the credible sources that I see point to him and his team as decision makers. It could be that he wanted to be agreeable to sports ministry yet that does not exonerate him since the buck stops with him from a roles and responsibilities perspective as stipulated in the IFF rules and regulations that are in congruence with FIFA's. There is a mechanism based on FIFA governance to have an emergency general session of IFF to hold him responsible for this fiasco.
        There is a article I shared earlier. It was with Abbas Torabian. Basically Taj was negotiating with Renard and they had an agreement and outside parties were stabbing him in the back and forcing Wilmots through.
        Unfortunately with the internet shutdown we had in Iran, alot of archived files seem to be gone. The link below doesn't work but if you google "torabian" and "renard" in Persian in google you will find lots of articles and hopefully one works.
        https://www.asriran.com/fa/news/7007...A8%D9%88%D8%AF
        Last edited by Nokhodi; 12-05-2019, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          There is a article I shared earlier. It was with Abbas Torabian. Basically Taj was negotiating with Renard and they had an agreement and outside parties were stabbing him in the back and forcing Wilmots through.

Unfortunately with the internet shutdown we had in Iran, alot of archived files seem to be gone. The link below doesn't work but if you google "torabian" and "renared" in Persian in google you will find lots of articles and hopefully one works.
          It's similar to the story that CQ shared. Taj was negotiating with CQ to keep him, but Sports Ministry only extended his contract by 6 months, which was a slap in the face of CQ after all that he'd done for TM. Taj seems to be doing all the right things, but he's overruled by the Sports Ministry.

Comment

This Torabian dude seems to be just about the only guy associated with our football who’s actually seem qualified & knows wtf he is doing ..!
            He efforts were instrumental in bringing Carlos & he is just about the only guy amongst these clowns I trust with the hunt for the next coaching candidate..!
            I wouldn’t mind him taking over Taj’s job..!

Comment

Branko did a Camila Parker Bowles...
              Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

It is party time now this Wilmots is go! Finally. It was the worst ever coach in Iran time. The mistake to sent Carlos Qurioz away from Iran was the bigest mistake ever.

I still hope on Carlos Qurioz after World Cup 2022. Branco is better than Iranian but I hope we can invite Vicente del Bosque to Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  Unfortunately with the internet shutdown we had in Iran, alot of archived files seem to be gone. The link below doesn't work but if you google "torabian" and "renard" in Persian in google you will find lots of articles and hopefully one works.
                  https://www.asriran.com/fa/news/7007...A8%D9%88%D8%AF
                  I got it Nokhodi jaan. That seems like a credible article. Yet Torabian arriving at a handshake agreement with Renar doesn't mean that Taj is not responsible for choosing Wilmots. Even if Taj relented under sports ministry's pressure that means he did not abide by his responsibility to run the federation as an independent entity based on the rules of IFF and FIFA. Also, there is no way to remove the sports minister other than by an act of the president or a change of government through some sort of political process and neither one of those options are attainable at this point. On the other hand, an emergency general session of IFF has the authority to remove Taj and choose a more independent head of the IFF.

Comment

Breaking News !! Marc Wilmots officially out.. Branko probably the replacement

One thing we all unanimously can agree on is that his return to TM coaching is absolutely impossible. The bridges are already ruined, morally, ethically, professionally, merit, all failed miserably. Even if he or IFF wish to reconcile, it’s just too damn late.

Wilmots is vastly despised and unfavored by masses. I am yet to come across a single Iranian who supports the notion of keeping him as TM coach. He is not stupid and he already knows this fact. And therefore he won’t jeopardize his already deteriorated image and worth in Iran. C’mon let’s face it, the guy came to Iran with that mentality of needing a freaking Bodyguard along to protect him. So how would anyone in their right mind would remotely imagine him coming back, only to get resented and hated by the entire country. He is gone and done with fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Keano; 12-06-2019, 01:31 PM.

Comment

^ I think his coaching career is pretty much over. He has shown in action that he lacks the character and integrity required for the job. I can't imagine any credible football federation or club management offering him a coaching job after this disaster.

Comment

^ I think his coaching career is pretty much over. He has shown in action that he lacks the character and integrity required for the job. I can't imagine any credible football federation or club management offering him a coaching job after this disaster.
                        Sadly most people here in The Netherlands understand that a European coach couldn't work in a dictatorship, wouldn't be too surprised if Wil-GOH get a Belgium Jupiler League team or even again some African NT!

For now, he has filled his pockets and can have a sabbatical for as long as he wants

Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                        O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Believe me he will blame all on Iran, he wont talk a single good word about Iran and let it look as if the federation didnt do their job and he is unguilty. And in Europe people will believe it ...

Comment

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
                            Believe me he will blame all on Iran, he wont talk a single good word about Iran and let it look as if the federation didnt do their job and he is unguilty. And in Europe people will believe it ...
                            Have you ever seen a coach getting fired and say: "Yeah, I sucked, they did a good thing firing me."?

Comment

He will soon do a long interview and pretend that life in Iran was hell and he couldn't take it so had to quit. He will make a few headlines and land himself another job. I'm really glad he's gone though.
                              چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                              We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
                                Europeans can think for themselves for things like this usually. Their current coach Roberto Martinez spoke highly of Iran before the 2014 and 2018 world cup and I'm sure if pressed, they 'll believe him over Wilmots who they hated. This was while the Americans were claiming we'd get beat 6-0. Martinez thought we could upset and we were close.

Comment

Working...
                                X