Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carlos Queiroz: In retrospect, how do you assess his reign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    The problem is that we just end up going in circles again.
    Even when she/he finally accepted that Ivankovic was officially the coach of the full TM BEFORE taking the U23 squad to the Asian Games, he/she didn't accept that the "stats" from the IRperspolis social media account were wrong because
    "They were on footballitarin" so they have "a source"
    There isn't any pride let alone logic in accepting that a source can be wrong, especially if it relies on a partisan social media fan account.
    But at least we can mention his/her appraisal from just a few months before the end of CQ's 8 year career as above.
    What is wrong with these stats? Do tell.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post

At the most basic level, this irperspolis social media fan account image you have spam-posted over a hundred times doesn't actually contain any stats.

Could you point them out to me - I see dates in the boxes and names of cups in the yellow column but no actual statistics. I also see a clever presentation using cherry-picked garbage like WAFF and even a friendly cup to inflate one of the people.

Thanks.

Comment

At the most basic level, this irperspolis social media fan account image you have spam-posted over a hundred times doesn't actually contain any stats.

Could you point them out to me - I see dates in the boxes and names of cups in the yellow column but no actual statistics. I also see a clever presentation using cherry-picked garbage like WAFF and even a friendly cup to inflate one of the people.

Thanks.
        WAFF is such garbage that CQ could not even win there. First round exit from the garbage tournament for king Carlos. Championships are not part of statistics? Would you prefer if the table compares only 6 games of Carlos in the world cup vs 3 games for Branko? Perhaps you can make such a table and in this table CQ can look better due of course to an own goal by Morocco otherwise we would have nothing for his 8 years of service. 8 years!

Comment

Just wondering why you went from " he is respectful of our culture" in October 2018 to "he doesn't respect our culture".

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2574826

Which is it?

I guess , he should not have returned to iran and escaped after a tournament, right? Someone else we know did that. True respect of Iran and its people....

Comment

They have already been refuted by you as you admitted the stats in my table were clear and you agreed with them from the first post and had no disagreement about them.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

WAFF is such garbage that CQ could not even win there. First round exit from the garbage tournament for king Carlos. Championships are not part of statistics? Would you prefer if the table compares only 6 games of Carlos in the world cup vs 3 games for Branko? Perhaps you can make such a table and in this table CQ can look better due of course to an own goal by Morocco otherwise we would have nothing for his 8 years of service. 8 years!
              Your post contained the numbers 3, 6 and 8. Also you admitted that the stats in the table below were clear to you and you agreed with them from the first post and had no disagreement about them.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

By the way I found the telegram account where Tooleh Khers's WAFF and Africa-Asia cup picture was first created and shared:

https://telegram.me/irperspolis

They have a good sense of humour though!

LOOOL

Comment

By the way I found the telegram account where Tooleh Khers's WAFF and Africa-Asia cup picture was first created and shared:

https://telegram.me/irperspolis

They have a good sense of humour though!

LOOOL
                  LOL although you should probably explain to her what 147 and 160 mean otherwise she may not get the humor in the situation.

Comment

I really would like to know from the people who voted bad or neither good or bad, what TM coach did you think was good?!!

Comment

Greatest we ever had and the most consistent and best results against top teams and qualifying the world cup. His philosophy of discipline and team play and hundreds of good things he did for Iran has already been mentioned.

Anyone thinking he wasn't great and specially those voting for not good or bad and bad are simply out of their freaking minds. I really wonder what drug they are on or how their brain functions to even think that for a moment????

When over 94% give him an approval rating from a football stance those others must be utter idiots or simply have other agendas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                        I really would like to know from the people who voted bad or neither good or bad, what TM coach did you think was good?!!
                        Simply a few screws are loose up there for anyone to even think that with half a brain working.

Comment

Wow so there are 5 people who did not mark his performance as Good 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                            Your post contained the numbers 3, 6 and 8. Also you admitted that the stats in the table below were clear to you and you agreed with them from the first post and had no disagreement about them.

That table alone speaks books BUT even more importantly just compare the players CQ had to work with and the previous generations. Can you imagine what CQ could have done with the pool of Talent we had in previous decades. Daie, Hashemian, Karina, Bagheri, Mahdavia, Azizi and their likes ! What CQ had to work with was not nearly as good as many coaches before him.

Comment

Sorry that this question is a bit off topic, but it came to my mind when I saw news of CQ joining the draw of the groups for Copa America? But why will there be a copa america competition in 2020 when there already was one this summer? Or did I get something wrong ?

Comment

Realistically, it can be argued that Carlos Queiroz (CQ) was the best coach of Iran's national team post-1979.

What was the best quality of CQ that stood out for me was that we were in every game with a chance to draw or win. It could be Argentina, Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Korea Republic, Iraq, Nigeria, ect. Playing defensively and parking the bus against vastly superior technical teams (i.e. Argentina & Spain) is an art in itself that requires: 1) discipline, 2) stamina, 3) organization, and 4) team unity/chemistry. I think the matches of losing badly with Bosnia and Japan were anomalies and not the norm.

Biggest knock on him was what is Iran going to do when they fall behind? Before the Japan-IRAN SM of Asian Cup 2019, I saw a stat that said that Iran had never come back in an official game to win after being down 1-0. We need a head coach that has fresh & new modern tactics to help our team when we fall behind. To CQ's credit, he positioned Iran in such a way that we rarely ever fell behind 1-0, but when we did, we all kind of knew, it's going to be a struggle to even get a draw.

With all the being said, I do think that Iran needed a new coach with new tactical changes after 7 years and 9.5 months with the same coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X