This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    Accomplishments do as well. His legacy is making a structured team that achieved Irans 2nd only win in a World cup and its first result against a European team of that calibre.

Do you think we have the tools to challenge Spain, Portugal, and Argentina on a regular basis?
    Nope you are right we don't. After 8 years with CQ we all could see what he has done but it just didn't translate into regular success. A team that nearly beat Argentina, and Spain and drew Portugal got so easily dismantled by Japan a few months later. We also used the same strategy against Korea and Morocco as if we had 1 game plan regardless of who we played.

Also what result did we get against for the first time? The draw against Portugal? Some would argue that our stunning draw against Scotland in 78 was as big if not bigger then. Also don't forget we beat Ireland at its peak and even with CQ we had good performances against other strong (Euro) nation's.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
      Typical expat who has no idea what they are talking about.
      I'm not an expat.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        I Let me know how you would like to proceed and I will respect your wishes.
        I would like to proceed by having you acknowledge how uninformed you are about the way things work in Iran, that you understand being stubborn and petulant only makes a losing position look more pitiful, and that you now realize how out of touch and baseless your obsessive bashing of CQ has always been. Respect my wishes please. Thank you.

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
        Wasn't he right though? Unless you feel this is Wilmots team after a couple of practices and few months.
        Yes your fellow expert was totally right. CQ not only "slowly destroyed this team" by embarrassing us against Argentina and Spain, but rigged the destruction exactly so it would happen only after he left. He did it in such a stealth fashion too that it was completely hidden from his own players and only a handful of renowned analysts on the internet managed to catch on through coded messages embedded in FIFA 19. All advanced XBox players know when a team falls apart under a new coach, it's clearly the fault of the previous coach who built the team and took it to the World Cup twice in a row. #BigBrainAnalysis #ILoveXBOX

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrDcQUju3kE, seems like we are not no 1 ranked Team in Asia anymore, Japan took the throne.

Comment

Nope you are right we don't. After 8 years with CQ we all could see what he has done but it just didn't translate into regular success. A team that nearly beat Argentina, and Spain and drew Portugal got so easily dismantled by Japan a few months later. We also used the same strategy against Korea and Morocco as if we had 1 game plan regardless of who we played.

Also what result did we get against for the first time? The draw against Portugal? Some would argue that our stunning draw against Scotland in 78 was as big if not bigger then. Also don't forget we beat Ireland at its peak and even with CQ we had good performances against other strong (Euro) nation's.
            In most games against strong teams we hold our own. We are no Saudi. But we never look like we will win. Maybe against Yugoslavia for some parts in 1998. Those games I mentioned were ones we came out to play and impressed.

Also to answer the first point. South Korea and Morocco play similar tactics of pointless possession. So those tactics CQ used were spot on in that case

Comment

Originally posted by FutbolGods View Post
              I would like to proceed by having you acknowledge how uninformed you are about the way things work in Iran, that you understand being stubborn and petulant only makes a losing position look more pitiful, and that you now realize how out of touch and baseless your obsessive bashing of CQ has always been. Respect my wishes please. Thank you.

Yes your fellow expert was totally right. CQ not only "slowly destroyed this team" by embarrassing us against Argentina and Spain, but rigged the destruction exactly so it would happen only after he left. He did it in such a stealth fashion too that it was completely hidden from his own players and only a handful of renowned analysts on the internet managed to catch on through coded messages embedded in FIFA 19. All advanced XBox players know when a team falls apart under a new coach, it's clearly the fault of the previous coach who built the team and took it to the World Cup twice in a row. #BigBrainAnalysis #ILoveXBOX
              Yep. I figured you would go personal rather than being objective. Btw you are absolutely clueless about my personal bio. In fact you are so off you aren't even in the field of play Also...CQ was the epitomy of stubborn and to some degree petulant as TM boss. So was he pitiful too...seems like it worked for him in Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrDcQUju3kE, seems like we are not no 1 ranked Team in Asia anymore, Japan took the throne.
                Good. They deserve it.

Until the IFF cleans up their act, we have a competent manager, play friendlies against worthy opponents, and we get capable players on the pitch, we don't even deserve to be in the top 3.
                #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Yep. I figured you would go personal rather than being objective. Btw you are absolutely clueless about my personal bio. In fact you are so off you aren't even in the field of play Also...CQ was the epitomy of stubborn and to some degree petulant as TM boss. So was he pitiful too...seems like it worked for him in Iran.

Personal insults aside...

Did you imagine Iran capable of some freeform tiki taka against sides superior to us?

Can I ask, do you follow Irans domestic league? What are your beliefs about its level of play?

Comment

Also what result did we get against for the first time?
                    We beat African opposition for the first time
                    We drew with European opposition for the first time (EDIT: Since the 70s era - my bad guys)
                    We got a clean sheet for the first time

Some would argue that our stunning draw against Scotland in 78 was as big if not bigger then.
                    Some would argue that we were continental superpowers in the 70s who won three consecutive asian cups and the gap between us and our rivals was ridiculous. Some would argue that was before the revolution when our country when down the drain.

Also don't forget we beat Ireland at its peak
                    At its peak??!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                      We beat African opposition for the first time
                      We drew with European opposition for the first time
                      These statements are blatantly untrue. Are you qualifying this as in the WC only? Again untrue.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                        Personal insults aside...

Did you imagine Iran capable of some freeform tiki taka against sides superior to us?

Can I ask, do you follow Irans domestic league? What are your beliefs about its level of play?
                        Thank you for not insulting. No I did not expect tiki taka against Spain. But to be honest we played better against Spain than Morocco. Isn't that concerning? Look...to me the main legacy of CQ is that he got players to Europe. I'm surprised none of you mentioned that.

As for IPL I follow Zob religiously for personal reasons I do not wish to share. I also watch big matches like Tehran derby closely. I also have some connections to the Ipl that I do not discuss publicly but can easily prove with photos. Needless to say irrelevant.

You are questioning my awareness of IPL but CQ was the first coach to boat reliance on legionnaires more than IPL. So that isn't the strongest argument although one a Wilmots or Mayeli supporter might boast about unfortunately.

Finally...this is my main point. TM regardless of the coach has had a history of playing to our opponents level. No one has ever figured this flaw out. I thought CQ after 8 years had the best chance to do but I feel he was not able to. How is it a team can hold a world cup holder or one of the greatest players the game has ever seen then go out and lose points to Lebanon or even get demolished by Japan? This is a flaw of our football...we don't believe we can do it and we don't support each other in getting better. We think better safe than sorry. But guys...to burrow a hockey quote from the great 99...you miss 100% of the shots you do not take...true in football as well.

Again thank you for avoiding the personal attacks. Truly isn't fun to feel ganged up upon and I hope dear valued members don't avoid or leave this place too long. Respect begets respect.

I will leave it at that as we have drifted too far from the thread topic.

Comment

These statements are blatantly untrue. Are you qualifying this as in the WC only? Again untrue.
                          Yes sorry I thought the context of the discussion was the world cup.

And how are they untrue? Which part is untrue?

Comment

Thank you for not insulting. No I did not expect tiki taka against Spain. But to be honest we played better against Spain than Morocco. Isn't that concerning? Look...to me the main legacy of CQ is that he got players to Europe. I'm surprised none of you mentioned that.

As for IPL I follow Zob religiously for personal reasons I do not wish to share. I also watch big matches like Tehran derby closely. I also have some connections to the Ipl that I do not discuss publicly but can easily prove with photos. Needless to say irrelevant.

You are questioning my awareness of IPL but CQ was the first coach to boat reliance on legionnaires more than IPL. So that isn't the strongest argument although one a Wilmots or Mayeli supporter might boast about unfortunately.

Finally...this is my main point. TM regardless of the coach has had a history of playing to our opponents level. No one has ever figured this flaw out. I thought CQ after 8 years had the best chance to do but I feel he was not able to. How is it a team can hold a world cup holder or one of the greatest players the game has ever seen then go out and lose points to Lebanon or even get demolished by Japan? This is a flaw of our football...we don't believe we can do it and we don't support each other in getting better. We think better safe than sorry. But guys...to burrow a hockey quote from the great 99...you miss 100% of the shots you do not take...true in football as well.

Again thank you for avoiding the personal attacks. Truly isn't fun to feel ganged up upon and I hope dear valued members don't avoid or leave this place too long. Respect begets respect.

I will leave it at that as we have drifted too far from the thread topic.

To be fair, i think that the gaps are becoming closer and closer in world-football. F.e. in our WC 2018 group, i think Morocco got very unlucky against Portugal and Spain, in fact they they were at least on par with Spain and totally dominated Portugal. That specially Spain played under its normal Level was obvious when they were kicked out by Russia, same story with Portugal loosing to Uruguay. Another example would be Korea defeating Germany 2-0 after they had troubled so badly during WCQ 2018 against Teams like Uzbekistan, Syria and Lebanon.
                            In our game against Japan in AC 2019, we were until the dubious goal from Japan the better Team but totally collapsed when we concede, generally speaking i think that under CQ we couldn't create great comebacks, if i am not wrong we were never able to win a game when we fell behind under CQ? I think the reason we couldn't win a title with CQ is simply because of our weak mentality and lack of football iq, these two key principles to success have to be trained in a very young age and are out of CQ control.

I think no Coach in the world could have done more than CQ did under the circumstances that TM had (no friendlies, no proper training pitch etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                              Yes sorry I thought the context of the discussion was the world cup.

And how are they untrue? Which part is untrue?
                              Well even in WC. Scotland match. That team was a very strong euro side that everyone predicted would thrash us.

Comment

When did we beat African opposition before in a WC?

Comment

Working...
                                X