This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    I like TM - why would me and 98% of PFDC have "blind CQ love". It's just appreciation of someone who changed our football for the better.

Regarding stagnation - point is that this was finally a TM that he had blooded - compared with other coaches we have had he was always thinking about the future (how many of us were angry with him when he called up Taremi, Beiranvand, Majid Hosseini... many others) and it looked like TM were getting better and better.

That's why it really wasn't time for him to leave - by his own account this was the third stage of his 3-stage plan for TM. I would have been happy for him to leave after WC 2022 when the project was over. So far, qualifying and performing respectably at 2 world cups, he had already done enough for most of us on this forum.

Football isn't volleyball, beach soccer, futsal etc... They are incomparable. Football is the world's sport.
    Pleaaaase stop your blind love. Do check Iranian football stats historically. He had 8 years with our team did not achieve anything above what we have always achieved. Even defensively, Look at the stats. In 98 we got pundits respect in 2014 we were quite poor and in 2018 we were lucky not to finish last in the group. Our goal was a complete fluke and we had 0 shots on net in many of the halves we played. He did not win a single trophy with Iran not even a WAFF. Regarding the "first back to back world cup" which other coach had this opportunity? Is it too much for Iran to qualify over Qatar and Uzbekistan? We were lucky and handed easy groups. Had we had a Saudi or an Iraq or even an Australia in our group you would have seen Cq caliber. CQ fans think we were Afghanistan before he came and Brazil after he came. We gave him too much opportunity if anything no other coach would have been given 8 years and accomplish nothing but status quo and playing park the bus against teams like Bahrain to do it. Unfortunately we liker to make gods out of completely ordinary people. Where is Cq legacy? What happened to the 8 years of Building? Pleaaaase....

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
      Pleaaaase stop your blind love. Do check Iranian football stats historically. He had 8 years with our team did not achieve anything above what we have always achieved. Even defensively, Look at the stats. In 98 we got pundits respect in 2014 we were quite poor and in 2018 we were lucky not to finish last in the group. Our goal was a complete fluke and we had 0 shots on net in many of the halves we played. He did not win a single trophy with Iran not even a WAFF. Regarding the "first back to back world cup" which other coach had this opportunity? Is it too much for Iran to qualify over Qatar and Uzbekistan? We were lucky and handed easy groups. Had we had a Saudi or an Iraq or even an Australia in our group you would have seen Cq caliber. CQ fans think we were Afghanistan before he came and Brazil after he came. We gave him too much opportunity if anything no other coach would have been given 8 years and accomplish nothing but status quo and playing park the bus against teams like Bahrain to do it. Unfortunately we liker to make gods out of completely ordinary people. Where is Cq legacy? What happened to the 8 years of Building? Pleaaaase....
      So what are we now , losing to Bahrain, Iraq...and probably more to follow...

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
        DR S, can you please create a poll assessing CQ's reign? This should put this to bed.
        You sound smart. Your opinion in the poll will surely put CQ's stats to bed.

Comment

Even defensively, Look at the stats. In 98 we got pundits respect in 2014 we were quite poor and in 2018 we were lucky not to finish last in the group.
          Hahahahha, You mean we were unlucky not to be first. You forgot that we scored a goal against Spain that is still unclear today, why it was taken away?
          Some say offside, some say it was hand, others say it's cheating to have a Spanish-speaking referee when Spain plays.
          Have you forgotten that Taremi was alone in front of Rui Patricio just before the end and missed? Even with the defeat against Spain we would have been first in the Group of death if Taremi had scored!
          That was by far the best World Cup Iran had ever played, even better than in 1998! Spain (a world-class team), Portugal (reigning European champions), Morocco (perhaps the best African team at the time). In 1998 we won against the USA, a mediocre team, Germany was a team that was a "pile of rubble" in 1998 and Yugoslavia was in fact only Serbia and Montenegro and had nothing to do with the glorious times for a long time. But yes, 2018 was certainly a disgrace.

Comment

but status quo and playing park the bus against teams like Bahrain to do it.
            Yes, we are surely above our weight to beat Bahrain. We stomped them and other Arab teams with CQ but apparently Branko/Ivic/Wilmots have to either sweat to get a 1-0 or they lose.

Imagine losing to Bahrain.

Comment

Pleaaaase stop your blind love. Do check Iranian football stats historically.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

These aren't anything to do with Sly. He just copied and pasted the image that Tooleh Khers kept spamming on the board over a hundred times. It had the watermark of a PP instagram account called "Irperspolis" and the stats weren't correct even if we imagine Branko's second stint as TM coach was his full tenure.
                Either way, there are "lies, damned lies, and statistics". Numbers don't tell the full picture with any of these coaches. Sly keeps talking about Daei's win ratio and whilst I don't particularly criticise Daei, just quoting a number doesn't give the picture and context.
                Those stats were correct. You had to perform major math yoga and compare 8 years to 4 and not count all titles won in favor of an own goal in the second stint at the world cup. Conclusion winning titles and our last medal ion Asian cup (even if you judge them worthless) is better than winning nothing, first 4 years vs first 4 years, you can't count his fist tenure without counting hsi Asian games title which still remains the last time Iran won anything on the continental level and we have not even talked about what he did with Perspolis and ACL final another Iranian first in a long time. But hey what do I know all hail Alex Ferguson's assistant. You are reaching far and this could only work with Iranians if we were German your logic would not last 2 seconds that is how weak it is.

Comment

Those stats were correct.
                  Yes they were as you already admitted.

But in your defense you're not good at math. Or just counting.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLion80 View Post
                    So what are we now , losing to Bahrain, Iraq...and probably more to follow...
                    Is this Wilmots' team? Really? This is CQ's legacy. Losing to Bahrain and getting outplayed by Iraq. This is his team. This is what he built us after 8 years. Of course our coaches are way better off too now..

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                      Yes, we are surely above our weight to beat Bahrain. We stomped them and other Arab teams with CQ but apparently Branko/Ivic/Wilmots have to either sweat to get a 1-0 or they lose.

Imagine losing to Bahrain.
                      This type of argument is flawed. We also suffered our biggest defeat in our history against Japan under CQ. Never under any other coach had we lost to Japan by a 3 goal margin. Many more examples can be drawn up but these arguments are meaningless. Teams evolve and change. Comparing one era to another is like comparing mini battles and missing the war.

So what CQ won some great battles. No one is denying that. But overall what was the legacy? Trophies determine legacies championships determine legacies...or lack there of.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by FutbolGods View Post
                        Even more deflections and childish theatrics. Enough already.

Your position was never "let's wait to judge". It was "this coach is slowly destroying this team". I remember it clearly because it was so completely out of left field at a time when the players themselves were all over the papers and social media begging IFF to keep CQ. Clearly others here remember similar things. You were one of the few CQ bashers who always acted like he knew better than the players themselves what was good for them. And it was just as comical then as it is now.

You were wrong, you didn't know how things work over there, you refused to listen to reason, and everything you were warned about came true. Instead of playing the victim, be an adult, learn from it and move on.
                        I'm at work on my phone. If you wish I can find posts where I clearly say I reserve judgement and give CQ benefit of doubt to see how WC or va va va goes. Would you like me to do your hw for you and dig up such a post? Is that what is needed here...and then does that make me or you the childish one? Let me know how you would like to proceed and I will respect your wishes.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I think your expectations of TM are far too high bro. If you think we will ever get anything near as good as Queiroz in terms of professionalising our football and making us look like a damn team, let alone everything else, then I fear you are going to have decades of disappointment.

My question is - what was your expectation for the Morocco game? I was happy for us to draw against a side which was being tipped as one of the strongest tournament dark horses.

If we had a "different style" and went out all guns blazing against Spain, conceded 3 in the first half, would you have been happy with the less cagey style we employed?
                          And I think your expectations are too low. Typical expat who has no idea what they are talking about. We have had 3 coaches at least who did better with TM than CQ. CQ legacy is possible first round exit. I wish I was wrong. I wish you were right but sadly he added nothing to our football after 8 years. I supported him because I was supporting TM now the results are in and guess what? those are his results not TM's.

Comment

Originally posted by FutbolGods View Post
                            Even more deflections and childish theatrics. Enough already.

Your position was never "let's wait to judge". It was "this coach is slowly destroying this team". I remember it clearly because it was so completely out of left field at a time when the players themselves were all over the papers and social media begging IFF to keep CQ. Clearly others here remember similar things. You were one of the few CQ bashers who always acted like he knew better than the players themselves what was good for them. And it was just as comical then as it is now.

You were wrong, you didn't know how things work over there, you refused to listen to reason, and everything you were warned about came true. Instead of playing the victim, be an adult, learn from it and move on.
                            Wasn't he right though? Unless you feel this is Wilmots team after a couple of practices and few months.

Comment

We have had 3 coaches at least who did better with TM than CQ.
                              Although you have already admitted that one of them wasn't the Angolan tire.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                                This type of argument is flawed. We also suffered our biggest defeat in our history against Japan under CQ. Never under any other coach had we lost to Japan by a 3 goal margin. Many more examples can be drawn up but these arguments are meaningless. Teams evolve and change. Comparing one era to another is like comparing mini battles and missing the war.

So what CQ won some great battles. No one is denying that. But overall what was the legacy? Trophies determine legacies championships determine legacies...or lack there of.

Accomplishments do as well. His legacy is making a structured team that achieved Irans 2nd only win in a World cup and its first result against a European team of that calibre.

Do you think we have the tools to challenge Spain, Portugal, and Argentina on a regular basis?

Comment

Working...
                                X