X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sint Truiden seems to be intrested in Wilmots

https://www.voetbal24.be/news/56794/...belgische-club
    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Among Iranians living abroad, there are basically 3 types who hate CQ:

-A subsection of red fans who love their club more than their country (they joined the anti-CQ crowd around 2016),
      -Casual fans who think "good football" should look like FIFA 19,
      -People who have never lived in Iran and don't understand what lack of infrastructure, corruption and mismanagement under this regime actually look like.

The last two types tend to be so naive their arguments are often comical.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
        I believe Sly was the original author and creator for these pictures
        Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
        Sly keeps talking about Daei's win ratio and whilst I don't particularly criticise Daei, just quoting a number doesn't give the picture and context.
        huh??!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
          huh??!!
          Disregard, it was my error you weren't the author.

Comment

Originally posted by FutbolGods View Post
            Among Iranians living abroad, there are basically 3 types who hate CQ:

-A subsection of red fans who love their club more than their country (they joined the anti-CQ crowd around 2016),
            -Casual fans who think "good football" should look like FIFA 19,
            -People who have never lived in Iran and don't understand what lack of infrastructure, corruption and mismanagement under this regime actually look like.

The last two types tend to be so naive their arguments are often comical.
            Interesting. Btw since when does criticism = hate? This is exactly the problem in our society and sports. If you dont agree with me then you must hate me...again all coaches eventually get fired or quit. They dont last forever. CQ got 8 years. Time to move on and try to improve further.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              Interesting. Btw since when does criticism = hate? This is exactly the problem in our society and sports. If you dont agree with me then you must hate me...again all coaches eventually get fired or quit. They dont last forever. CQ got 8 years. Time to move on and try to improve further.
              Criticism doesn't have to equal hate, but it does in some cases, and in your case it was too uninformed to even qualify as that. I personally remember your genius essays about CQ "slowly destroying this team" at a time when literally every member of the squad was in the papers praising that coach and begging the federation to keep him It's ok though, I'm sure you had first hand info that the players themselves were in the dark about. It definitely wasn't delusion or anything.

And please spare us the platitudes. This is not about CQ coming back or not lasting forever. This is about some clueless ex-pats who spent 8 years bashing one of the only good things to happen to our football in the last 40 years. A handful of uninformed armchair analysts who kept insisting "we could get someone much better" when anyone with a basic understanding of how things work in that country understood that once CQ was gone our best case scenario would be someone like Branko. Now that things have turned out exactly as we had warned them, some have disappeared in embarrassment, but others are apparently more shameless.

Comment

Criticism doesn't have to equal hate, but it does in some cases, and in your case it was too uninformed to even qualify as that. I personally remember your genius essays about CQ "slowly destroying this team" at a time when literally every member of the squad was in the papers praising that coach and begging the federation to keep him It's ok though, I'm sure you had first hand info that the players themselves were in the dark about. It definitely wasn't delusion or anything.

And please spare us the platitudes. This is not about CQ coming back or not lasting forever. This is about some clueless ex-pats who spent 8 years bashing one of the only good things to happen to our football in the last 40 years. A handful of out of touch armchair analysts who kept insisting "we could get someone much better" when anyone with a basic understanding of how things work in that country understood that once CQ was gone our best case scenario would be someone like Branko who doesn't deserve to carry CQ's shoes. Now that things have turned out exactly as we had warned them, some have disappeared in embarrassment, but others are apparently more shameless.
                Your personal attacks demonstrate a level of hypocrisy that warrants no response. Btw, last time I wrote an essay was in school. Anyhoo if you had an ounce of respect you could try and egage in dialogue, debate, or conversation. Instead you went personal...maybe its bs responses like this that drives people away from the forum not people's passion and love for TM

Comment

Your personal attacks demonstrate a level of hypocrisy that warrants no response. Btw, last time I wrote an essay was in school. Anyhoo if you had an ounce of respect you could try and egage in dialogue, debate, or conversation. Instead you went personal...maybe its bs responses like this that drives people away from the forum not people's passion and love for TM

Playing the victim when you've been exposed is a stale tactic. Every line in my post is the truth and you know it. You were one of those who bashed that coach against all fairness and logic and would not budge no matter how much people tried to reason with you or warn you of what would happen if he was let go. Now that everything you were told has been sadly proven correct, the least you can do is admit you were wrong, learn from it and move on.

Comment

Playing the victim when you've been exposed is a stale tactic. Every line in my post is the truth and you know it. You were one of those who bashed that coach against all fairness and logic and would not budge no matter how much people tried to reason with you or warn you of what would happen if he was let go. Now that everything you were told has been sadly proven correct, the least you can do is admit you were wrong, learn from it and move on.
                    Lol my main line was let's judge CQ after WC. Then I even said ok too late to change before AC. Your blind attacks are not truths. Your opinions are not facts. Stop bullying people into submission. You know nothing about me despite what you say to yourself. You clearly focused on only one aspect of any point I ever made and concluded I am a CQ hater, not someone tied to my roots, and va va va. That's not called being a victim it's called standing up and not tolerating ignorance via bullying. You know who else employs your tactics? Mayeli Kohan food for thought.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol my main line was let's judge CQ after WC. Then I even said ok too late to change before AC. Your blind attacks are not truths. Your opinions are not facts. Stop bullying people into submission. You know nothing about me despite what you say to yourself. You clearly focused on only one aspect of any point I ever made and concluded I am a CQ hater, not someone tied to my roots, and va va va. That's not called being a victim it's called standing up and not tolerating ignorance via bullying. You know who else employs your tactics? Mayeli Kohan food for thought.
                      I think your expectations of TM are far too high bro. If you think we will ever get anything near as good as Queiroz in terms of professionalising our football and making us look like a damn team, let alone everything else, then I fear you are going to have decades of disappointment.

My question is - what was your expectation for the Morocco game? I was happy for us to draw against a side which was being tipped as one of the strongest tournament dark horses.

If we had a "different style" and went out all guns blazing against Spain, conceded 3 in the first half, would you have been happy with the less cagey style we employed?

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                        Sint Truiden seems to be intrested in Wilmots

https://www.voetbal24.be/news/56794/...belgische-club
                        I will personally pick him up from the airport and deliver him at this club for free.

Comment

Even more deflections and childish theatrics. Enough already.

Your position was never "let's wait to judge". It was "this coach is slowly destroying this team". I remember it clearly because it was so completely out of left field at a time when the players themselves were all over the papers and social media begging IFF to keep CQ. Clearly others here remember similar things. You were one of the few CQ bashers who always acted like he knew better than the players themselves what was good for them. And it was just as comical then as it is now.

You were wrong, you didn't know how things work over there, you refused to listen to reason, and everything you were warned about came true. Instead of playing the victim, be an adult, learn from it and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

My question is - what was your expectation for the Morocco game? I was happy for us to draw against a side which was being tipped as one of the strongest tournament dark horses.
                            Well since CQ and many others fans and TM members alike said it was a game we will try to win by defending and attacking for us to have a good chance...a win? Many of us on this board pegged it as a must win. Happy we got the win...a win is a win but that doesn't mean I have to agree with CQs approach. It heavily relied on luck. See his quotes in just one sample of the reports leading up to the match.

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/424...Carlos-Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                              I will personally pick him up from the airport and deliver him at this club for free.
                              Honestly I would pay for his flight tickets as well
                              چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                              We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

See his quotes in just one sample of the reports leading up to the match.
                                But my point is that his quotes, throughout his eight years, were often just gamesmanship. Sometimes they were also mis-translated or the context was completely lost.

He said things to reduce the pressure on his players and manage their psychology as best he could. I took almost everything he said (and every other TM coach) with a pinch of salt, whether he was hyping us up or calling us underdogs. The last few generations of Portuguese coaches are masters at this.

The most important things are how the players felt in this setup and from everything we know they were like a family and he was a father figure. This is exactly what we needed, and need.

Comment

Working...
                                X