Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was this all a game by IFF to hire an incompetent coach like wilmots, lose 2 games back 2 back against mediocre teams so we can settle for Branko?

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
      Was this all a game by IFF to hire an incompetent coach like wilmots, lose 2 games back 2 back against mediocre teams so we can settle for Branko?
      They are not very sneaky if that was the case.

If they got national heros like Beiranvand and Ebrahimi to follow their orders that precisely than Iran is doomed without any chance of salvation

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
        Branko will be hired for this and next phase and IFF will bring in another more qualified coach (maybe even CQ) when we qualify since IFF will get self funded from WC qualification. This is my take on this.
        Apart from many other issues, how could they bring CQ when he has a contract with Colombia until WC 2022?

Comment

This must happen> Wilmots is not doing any work and just collecting pay check...you can just see this on both games...i just want to know what kind of stuff does taj and the IFF smoke that they do such a horrible job finding a coach...We would do ten times a better job on this site to pick one...lets send a letter and tell them we got it from here haha

Comment

TV report done by M Nosrati and H Fazeli
            https://tamasha.com/v/XxEkx

Comment

Let's be realistic!

1. Wilmots good or bad is just not a good fit for TM. His contract with Iran was the work of some Dallal (middleman) who is laughing at the moment. There was no due diligence done on the guy. Taj went to Belgium like a total loser to beg this guy to sign. And he thought he must be some kind of king shit of football. Taj and his crew are useless in understanding contracts and have the ability to negotiate a win win deal. Regardless of everything an international coach who doesn't speak English in my opinion is bad fit. One problem he has is lack of connection and communication with our players. None of which speak French but most have reasonable or good English comprehension.

2. Carlos will not ever come back to Iran again. I seriously doubt if he is not considering retirement after Columbia gig.

3. Branco is also a thing of a past. Going back means accepting that you did not learn from history. He is not the type of coach that can step in in times of crisis and salvage. He is good for club football where his impact is in long term engagement with the team.

4. Among Iranian coaches none at the moment strick me as the type who can pull the wagon out of mud. They are all mediocre characters who don't want to shake the boat too much.

5. Given the situation the team is now in and the limitations this federation has to hire a proper coach, I think the best solution is to not give it to one person but give it to a committee of some of the more progressive young iranian coaches working with a top-notch European tactician as a consultant for 6-7 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                I think the best solution is to not give it to one person but give it to a committee of some of the more progressive young iranian coaches
                So you mean let's make ghormeh sabzi instead of football?

Have you heard the expression, "Ashpaz ke 2 ta shod, aash ya shoor misheh ya binamak"?

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                  Let's be realistic!

1. Wilmots good or bad is just not a good fit for TM. His contract with Iran was the work of some Dallal (middleman) who is laughing at the moment. There was no due diligence done on the guy. Taj went to Belgium like a total loser to beg this guy to sign. And he thought he must be some kind of king shit of football. Taj and his crew are useless in understanding contracts and have the ability to negotiate a win win deal. Regardless of everything an international coach who doesn't speak English in my opinion is bad fit. One problem he has is lack of connection and communication with our players. None of which speak French but most have reasonable or good English comprehension.

2. Carlos will not ever come back to Iran again. I seriously doubt if he is not considering retirement after Columbia gig.

3. Branco is also a thing of a past. Going back means accepting that you did not learn from history. He is not the type of coach that can step in in times of crisis and salvage. He is good for club football where his impact is in long term engagement with the team.

4. Among Iranian coaches none at the moment strick me as the type who can pull the wagon out of mud. They are all mediocre characters who don't want to shake the boat too much.

5. Given the situation the team is now in and the limitations this federation has to hire a proper coach, I think the best solution is to not give it to one person but give it to a committee of some of the more progressive young iranian coaches working with a top-notch European tactician as a consultant for 6-7 months.
                  you can't coach a team using a committee . If they fire wilmot, they will replace him with a vatani coach. No self-respecting or qualified foreign coach will take over a team that has to practically win every match to qualify all with no guarantees on collecting a salary.
                  “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
                    I did a check of stats for coaches from Jalal Talebi to Marc Wilmots (excluded interim coaches or coaches with few games).
                    Carlos Queiroz - Team Melli conceded the least number of Goals. His winning percentage of 62.14% is very good too. Also we know that he only qualified our team to two world cups.
                    Marc Wilmots - TM Goalscoring rate is the best under him. Goal concede under him is reasonable as well. His 50% win rate is very poor, the worst out of all coaches.
                    Branko Ivankovic - TM Goalscoring rate is second best. Goal concede the worst under him. His winning rate is lower than some Iranian coaches.
                    Ali Daei - TM with 64% win rate under him best out of all coaches. Goalscoring under him not very good!
                    Amir Ghalenoei and Jalal Talebi - TM had goalscoring rate under them similar to Carlos Queiroz. Their winning rate similar to Branko. Goal concede better than Branko.
                    Afshin Ghotbi - TM had higher win rate than Wilmots. However under him Goalscoring was lowest and Goal Conceded the highest.
                    So my verdict Ali Daei as a Head Coach might do a better job than Branko and surely better than Wilmots.
                    I don't know where you get your facts from.... here is from wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._team_managers

If you look at all the coaches with over 10 games (to make a little bit of stats), Branko's second term beat them all with 69.05% wins.

but anyways....if you want stats....these are real stats and numbers:

Qualification to the WC:

Valdeir Vieira
                    Branko Ivankovic
                    CQ
                    CQ (it is by the way incredible that you try to bring down his achievements by calling it, he "ONLY" qualified our team to 2 WCs! He broke the record!).

Failure to qualify to the WC:

Ali Parvin
                    Mayeli Kohan
                    Miroslav Blazevic
                    Ali Daei
                    Afshin Ghotbi

The stats are clear!

Having said that, I need to clarify that I loved Daei's coaching. Under him TM played such a beautiful football. Lots of young talents. I love to see him coach TM again but not at this crucial time when we cannot afford a single loss.

Comment

As much as i hate to say this Branco is our best shot at getting through to the next round. he is very experienced and knows Iranian and Asian football through and through. He has qualified Iran before in 2006. I would only hire Branco as a short term solution as it would be a disgrace if Iran did not qualify for the world cup let alone the final round. Hiring Wilmots was a big big mistake and IFF needs to fix this by firing Wiltits and hire Branco immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                        I don't know where you get your facts from.... here is from wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._team_managers

If you look at all the coaches with over 10 games (to make a little bit of stats), Branko's second term beat them all with 69.05% wins.

but anyways....if you want stats....these are real stats and numbers:

Qualification to the WC:

Valdeir Vieira
                        Branko Ivankovic
                        CQ
                        CQ (it is by the way incredible that you try to bring down his achievements by calling it, he "ONLY" qualified our team to 2 WCs! He broke the record!).

Failure to qualify to the WC:

Ali Parvin
                        Mayeli Kohan
                        Miroslav Blazevic
                        Ali Daei
                        Afshin Ghotbi

The stats are clear!

Having said that, I need to clarify that I loved Daei's coaching. Under him TM played such a beautiful football. Lots of young talents. I love to see him coach TM again but not at this crucial time when we cannot afford a single loss.
                        For coaches who were in charge more than once I added their overall coaching stats and I got them from wikipedia. For CQ I did not mean to bring down his achievements, I just wrote it wrongly. I meant to say that he is the only coach who managed to qualify Team Melli for the back-to-back World Cups. I also said that overall he has been the best coach except Daei had a higher win rate than CQ.

I don't think Wilmots is a bad coach. I would say that he got the job, came to Iran, probably did not like how things are done in Iran or perhaps did not like the atmosphere there, maybe his family were not happy with him coaching Iran. He did not receive his payment, one of his staff (Goalkeeping coach) resigned, so after the 4 games he coached, he probably thought I've had enough and didn't bother about getting our Team results needed, so our Team lost the last two games. He is not happy so better let him go. I still feel with current situation in Iran and problems with International Money Transfer, best option is Ali Daei who is available and according to his Team Melli coaching stats, he had the highest win rate despite a low goal scoring rate. He can give Team Melli the minimum 1:0 wins over Iraq or Bahrain, or in the worst case give Team Melli second place in the group and a qualification chance in the next stage.

Comment

The mess we are in is all thanks to the people in charge including Taj and the corrupt system that is running the country. We could have had Renard who seemed anxious to work with us, yet we let some moron diplomat screw it all up by bringing in Vilmots instead. Now Renard is no longer available and our only other choice is Branko whom we all know has a a lot of shortcomings of his own.

What a terrible position to be in

Comment

Imagine if we got Renard (((

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                              So you mean let's make ghormeh sabzi instead of football?

Have you heard the expression, "Ashpaz ke 2 ta shod, aash ya shoor misheh ya binamak"?
                              My friend, the current situation is worse than ghormeh sabzi made by so many chiefs. Do you think this football?
                              It can't get worse than this.

Comment

cq wont return, he is gona qualify colombia, also if branko become head coach all the garbage players will be back.

Comment

Working...
                                X