This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
    Don’t know if to cry or to be happy. Branko is another tactical clueless coach that won’t take us any further, despite his respectable achievements with Perspolis in the ACL. But if I had to choose between bad (Branko) and worse (Wilmots), I would go for Branko.
    branko is garbage, branko is nothing but a dog of iff, he does what ever he is told.

Comment

only a miracle will have us qualify for the WC. We have come back from tougher situations, but not with a clueless coach like wilmot.

Yes, Branko would be an instant upgrade over this bozo, but the amount of corruption and off the field problems he brings to the team will take us years to get rid off.
      “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

I really think bringing Markar Aghajanian back as an assistant to a decent head coach (domestic or foreign )could be beneficial ..! him and yahya coaching team perhaps.?
        the guy spent much time assisting CQ and at least he seemed confident enough in his own abilities to continue Carlos's good work at least in Training and Poper game preparations and planning..? a while back he was even expecting that IFF hands him TM reigns after CQ's departure ..! perhaps after a failed bid to lead indian national team, he has come back down to earth a bit to be accepting of another Combo coaching job or TM assistantship ..? what is he up to right now anyways..?
        ps
        im not really sold on Hashemian in any TM role at least for few more years, until he gains more hands on head coaching experience elswhere and prove himself worthy..!!
        yaroo ye kam onogh o uncharismatic mimoneh...! sure he has attained high level coaching degrees but possess little impressive hands on coaching achievements if any..!?
        i think he just may be a book smart, doo gooder guy that lacks any charm nor leadership qualities....!? and i just doubt if our ehsaasati playing squad could get warmed up to his rather cold, apathetic zeGermanic personality..!! i just dont see TM players getting inspired by this guy to give their best and his combo utter failure to do so as Asst. to WM is a proof of that.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          I really think bringing Markar Aghajanian back as an assistant to a decent head coach (domestic or foreign )could be beneficial ..! him and yahya coaching team perhaps.?
          the guy spent much time assisting CQ and at least he seemed confident enough in his own abilities to continue Carlos's good work at least in Training and Poper game preparations and planning..? a while back he was even expecting that IFF hands him TM reigns after CQ's departure ..! perhaps after a failed bid to lead indian national team, he has come back down to earth a bit to be accepting of another Combo coaching job or TM assistantship ..? what is he up to right now anyways..?
          ps
          im not really sold on Hashemian in any TM role at least for few more years, until he gains more hands on head coaching experience elswhere and prove himself worthy..!!
          yaroo ye kam onogh o uncharismatic mimoneh...! sure he has attained high level coaching degrees but possess little impressive hands on coaching achievements if any..!?
          i think he just may be a book smart, doo gooder guy that lacks any charm nor leadership qualities....!? and i just doubt if our ehsaasati playing squad could get warmed up to his rather cold, apathetic zeGermanic personality..!! i just dont see TM players getting inspired by this guy to give their best and his combo utter failure to do so as Asst. to WM is a proof of that.
          while I agree with you in parts bachelot, its also hard for us to truly know hash's role...I mean he could very well be telling wiltits a lot of things and the belgian waffle just doesnt give a shit or take notice...! Plus Hash isnt the guy to cause a scene if that was the case and expose wiltits publicly or complain/force him to change something

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            At this point of time, we have to put our heads down and swear for letting CQ go. Az saremoonam ziyad bood.

As for Iranian coaches, I have to repeat my question again...when was the last time we did anything good internationally, with an Iranian coach? When did we qualify to the WC and how many times? Say what you want about Branko but obviously he's head and shoulder above anyone we have in Iran. His league results ahead of all our other coaches talk for themselves. His record of making us qualify to the WC does too. Unfortunately, on paper, he's the best we've got in our disposal.

I loved Daei both as a player and as a head coach (on the contrary to many opinions here). but at this crucial times, we cannot afford trials and errors.
            I think it is unfair not to have trust in Iranian coaches.

1. Before the Revolution: Iranian coaches brought Iran 3 Asia Cup trophies, 3 Olympic Games qualification (one reached Quarter Finals), 1 World Cup qualification, 1 Asian Games Trophy, also few other colored Medals in Asian Games.

2. After the Revolution: Iranian coaches 1 Olympic Games qualification (that sadly Iran boycotted the event), 2 Asian Games Trophy, 3 Asia Cup Third Place, 1 Asia Cup Fourth Place.

3. Under Jalal Talebi, Team Melli got first win in the World Cup defeated USA 2:1.

4. Under Amir Ghalenoei, undefeated Team Melli @ 2007 Asia Cup unluckily left the Tournament at Quarter Finals with a loss to South Korea in penalty shoot. Undefeated Team Melli @ 2014 Asia Cup under Carlos Queiroz also left the Tournament at Quarter Finals with a loss to Iraq in penalty shoot.

5. Under Mohammad Mayeli Kohan, Jalal Talebi, Amir Ghalenoei and Afshin Ghotbi, Team Melli did not have any humiliating losses at the Asia Cup Tournaments, Carlos Queiroz's Team Melli lost 3:0 to Japan in Semi Finals. Performance wise all these four did well, however under them Team Melli has some internal fighting between players or some players clashed with these coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              while I agree with you in parts bachelot, its also hard for us to truly know hash's role...I mean he could very well be telling wiltits a lot of things and the belgian waffle just doesnt give a shit or take notice...! Plus Hash isnt the guy to cause a scene if that was the case and expose wiltits publicly or complain/force him to change something
              i suppose you may well be right..!!? yet he still coulda been more charismatic and at a very least helped pump up the spirits of our boys for these last wcqs..?
              personally never been a big fan of him .... even when he was a pivotal and important player for TM ... ..!! its hard to explain but like i said yaroo kheyli onoghe mimooone ..?
              he just doesnt seem personable nor even a convincing hands on coach ..? but perhaps his tactical undrestings of the game is deeper than he has let on so far .?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                i suppose you may well be right..!!? yet he still coulda been more charismatic and at a very least helped pump up the spirits of our boys for these last wcqs..?
                personally never been a big fan of him .... even when he was a pivotal and important player for TM ... ..!! its hard to explain but like i said yaroo kheyli onoghe mimooone ..?
                he just doesnt seem personable nor even a convincing hands on coach ..? but perhaps his tactical undrestings of the game is deeper than he has let on so far .?
                oh for sure personality wise I dont think he can be an inspiring head coach. Thats why I suggested him with Daei, who is definitely an inspiring head coach option. Some may say daei is iranian coach and already failed with NT, but that was years ago when he had just started coaching career, really too early to give him such a post. And even that failure vs saudi was very overblown. He has since coached many years, discovered and nurtured many talents, retained an aura about himself, and has real gheyrat. As a short term fix, I think there arent really better options.

I like yahya but I kind of feel like his personality is a bit similar to hashemian, not really that inspiring, but his results are undeniably impressive and youd be hard pressed to find a better iranian tactician. But yahya would mean committing to a long term project with the guy, not sure about that yet.

With Daei we can just hire him for 4 matches giving federation time to look for a reasonable euro replacement who has been scrutinized well, unlike wiltits. And yes, for all of daeis shortcomings, with a front 4 of

Gholizadeh---Ghoddos----Taremi
                ----------------Azmoun-----------

we should seriously have enough in the tank to beat hong kong, cambodia, bahrain (at home) and at least tie iraq (at home). Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
                  1. Before the Revolution: Iranian coaches brought Iran 3 Asia Cup trophies, 3 Olympic Games qualification (one reached Quarter Finals), 1 World Cup qualification, 1 Asian Games Trophy, also few other colored Medals in Asian Games.
                  2. After the Revolution: Iranian coaches 1 Olympic Games qualification (that sadly Iran boycotted the event), 2 Asian Games Trophy, 3 Asia Cup Third Place, 1 Asia Cup Fourth Place.
                  3. Under Jalal Talebi, Team Melli got first win in the World Cup defeated USA 2:1.
                  4. Under Amir Ghalenoei, undefeated Team Melli @ 2007 Asia Cup unluckily left the Tournament at Quarter Finals with a loss to South Korea in penalty shoot. Undefeated Team Melli @ 2014 Asia Cup under Carlos Queiroz also left the Tournament at Quarter Finals with a loss to Iraq in penalty shoot.
                  5. Under Mohammad Mayeli Kohan, Jalal Talebi, Amir Ghalenoei and Afshin Ghotbi, Team Melli did not have any humiliating losses at the Asia Cup Tournaments, Carlos Queiroz's Team Melli lost 3:0 to Japan in Semi Finals. Performance wise all these four did well, however under them Team Melli has some internal fighting between players or some players clashed with these coaches.
                  3rd and 4th place in the Asian cup, no humiliating losses...... now wow.....those are real achievements by Iranian coaches. You nailed it man.

Anyways, you have to get your facts right. CQ may have lost to Japan with 3-0 but Mayeli Kohan lost to Qatar with 2-0 back in 1997 and Parvin lost to South Korea with 3-0 back in 1993.

But again....what is important here is to qualify to the WC! What did Parvin, Mayeli Kohan, Daei and Ghotbi achieve in that department. Wasn't it ironically the Brazilian Vieira who took over after Mayeli Kohan and could miraculously save our a$$es? I don't know how old you are. Maybe you are too young to remember but weren't these coaches the reason IFF started to go with foreign coaches to begin with? Weren't they the reason all of us were demanding a good foreign coach for TM? The last time an Iranian coach made us qualify to the WC was before the revolution when very few teams in Asia even knew about professional football. That must tell you something.

Comment

I agree. For long term planning I think a foreign coach would work but in our current situation an Iranian one might be the better choice especially as far as getting the players all riled up and motivated. No foreign coach will look at this as anything but a job (unless like CQ they feel they are in fact Iranian).
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                      I agree. For long term planning I think a foreign coach would work but in our current situation an Iranian one might be the better choice especially as far as getting the players all riled up and motivated. No foreign coach will look at this as anything but a job (unless like CQ they feel they are in fact Iranian).
                      This is exactly what I meant and thank you for your reply to my post.

Comment

And the worst thing about all of this is the fact that Wilmots bisharaf is gonna get all of his money

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                          3rd and 4th place in the Asian cup, no humiliating losses...... now wow.....those are real achievements by Iranian coaches. You nailed it man.
                          Anyways, you have to get your facts right. CQ may have lost to Japan with 3-0 but Mayeli Kohan lost to Qatar with 2-0 back in 1997 and Parvin lost to South Korea with 3-0 back in 1993.
                          But again....what is important here is to qualify to the WC! What did Parvin, Mayeli Kohan, Daei and Ghotbi achieve in that department. Wasn't it ironically the Brazilian Vieira who took over after Mayeli Kohan and could miraculously save our a$$es? I don't know how old you are. Maybe you are too young to remember but weren't these coaches the reason IFF started to go with foreign coaches to begin with? Weren't they the reason all of us were demanding a good foreign coach for TM? The last time an Iranian coach made us qualify to the WC was before the revolution when very few teams in Asia even knew about professional football. That must tell you something.
                          Everyone have their moments of glory and shame. My point is we should stop Iranian-bashing since we had great coaches. Foreign coaches had their own flaws as well, for instance CQ a coach who defeated South Korea many times in a row and the best coach in our history that gave us back-to-back World Cup appearance, under him Lebanon and Uzbekistan for the first time in history scored a goal versus Team Melli that resulted in their first ever victory over Team Melli. He struggled against Iraq, under him Team Melli only managed to defeat Iraq in a friendly match 1:0, lost to them 1:0 in friendly match, 0:0 draw at 2019 Asia Cup and eliminated by them at QF of 2015 Asia Cup. Under Branko Team Melli lost to Jordan few times and 2006 WC with him as Head Coach was a disaster. Also currently Wilmots too strong for South East Asian Teams but too weak for Arab Teams (Iraq and Bahrain).
                          Last edited by Rooyintan; 11-24-2019, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Khashayar R View Post
                            And the worst thing about all of this is the fact that Wilmots bisharaf is gonna get all of his money
                            The worst thing about all this is that we may not qualify for the next WC

Comment

Everyone have their moments of glory and shame. My point is we should stop Iranian-bashing since we had great coaches. Foreign coaches had their own flaws as well, for instance CQ a coach who defeated South Korea many times in a row and the best coach in our history that gave us back-to-back World Cup appearance, under him Lebanon and Uzbekistan for the first time in history scored goal versus Team Melli that resulted in their first ever victory over Team Melli. He struggled against Iraq, under him Team Melli only managed to defeat Iraq in a friendly match 1:0, lost to them 1:0 in friendly match and eliminated by them at QF of 2015 Asia Cup. Under Branko Team Melli lost to Jordan few times and 2006 WC with him as Head Coach was a disaster. Also currently Wilmots too strong for South East Asian Teams but too weak for Arab Teams (Iraq and Bahrain).
                              Dude...you're picking one game here and one there to describe a coach's achievements or flaws. That is not the correct way of looking at things. Yes with Mayeli Kohan, we beat South Korea with 6-2. No other coach could achieve that. Now just for this game, does it mean that Mayeli Kohan is a good coach? You have to look at the whole picture. Who made us qualify to the WC? Who failed? who created lots of hashiyeh and failed to take us to the WC? Who was successful despite all hashiyehs around? These are simple questions. If you have the whole picture in front of you, you don't post "you have to be fair to Iranian coaches". It's not bashing them. It's only stating the facts. In some sports we have very good coaches (wrestling, taekwondo). but we have to accept the fact that our coaches in football are simply not good. Yes we have coaches who get respectable results in our league, like Golmohammadi. but our league is not equal to international football and it's certainly not equal to the WC.

Comment

we essentially still have the same exact squad as CQ ... i think were better of with a somewhat similar team organization and tactical set-up as what weve been used to under carlos..!! nobody else can provide such continuity as much as Markar..!!
                                i'd prefer a Daie/Markar combo better than a Hash/Daie ...!
                                Daie oozes with gheyrati and inspirational leadership qualities, besides he has proven to have a great eye for young talent, his overall personality has matured greatly and has amassed himself a significant coaching experience since his last TM stint. Markar can cue him in on CQ's game, training and planning approaches etc..!!

these two should certainly be a more reliable duo than bringing back that assclown brangoh....!! and to me seem more capable of getting us at least through to next round of WCQs and probably beyond..!!
                                if lucky enough to qualify for WC then we certainly gonna need a massive upgrade in coaching dept. and stand a great chance of impactful wc display in gutter.. where most likely the EU heavyweights are very likely to struggle in..!

Comment

Working...
                                X