X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran wants to fire Marc Wilmots

https://m.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20191..._source=google
    I just hear from my Dutch friend!! They want to fire Marc Wilmots!! It is my happiest day in my life!

All news in Belgium. This guy is terrible and not on Carlos Qurioz level! I still hope a mircle that Carlos Qurioz would be back in Tehran

The successor is already ready the news saying Branco Ivanovic!

Don’t know if to cry or to be happy. Branko is another tactical clueless coach that won’t take us any further, despite his respectable achievements with Perspolis in the ACL. But if I had to choose between bad (Branko) and worse (Wilmots), I would go for Branko.

Comment

They’re not going to fire him for not meeting his contractual obligations.
      Wilmots can complain about not being paid, but he eventually did get paid. Once wilmots stopped coming to Iran, organizing camps, ... IFF had opportunity to fire him without penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        They’re not going to fire him for not meeting his contractual obligations.
        Wilmots can complain about not being paid, but he eventually did get paid. Once wilmots stopped coming to Iran, organizing camps, ... IFF had opportunity to fire him without penalty.
        Here is a summary of events, according to Belgian media:
        * IFF and Wilmots mutually agreed to terminate the contract.
        * IFF is going to pay off Wilmots his contract.
        * Cause of the contract termination is the bad relationship between IFF and Wilmots as a result of recent performances and issues about salary.
        * The contract termination seems already done, it is believed that Branko will be the new coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
          Here is a summary of events, according to Belgian media:
          * IFF and Wilmots mutually agreed to terminate the contract.
          * IFF is going to pay off Wilmots his contract.
          * Cause of the contract termination is the bad relationship between IFF and Wilmots as a result of recent performances and issues about salary.
          * The contract termination seems already done, it is believed that Branko will be the new coach.
          As much as I wouldn’t want to see branko as TM coach I do think he is one of the few realistic candidates who can step in and get the job done. He inherited Persepolis who was in shambles and won 3 titles in a row so putting him in a crisis-like situation isn’t foreign to him
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

branko himself said he wont be coaching national team again.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              branko himself said he wont be coaching national team again.
              Yes but we saw how he acted like a snake before the WC and bashed TM and CQ. I'm worried if he comes in he'll play all PP players !

Comment

Me reacting to these news after hearing he's getting fired and then finding out Branko will be his replacement, even though Branko can't be worse than him (still a bad choice though).

Comment

CQ told us all! Branko is definitely not as bad as Wilmots, I never in my 32 years remember Iran playing as bad as they did against Iraq but I don't recall many world class performances under Branko either. Branko tactically is weak and with Perspolis he had a great squad, great defence and the best keeper in Iran that took him all the way to the CL final where he showed that he's useless. Biggest positive is that he knows our players very well and that's important. I would personally have preferred Yahya.
                  چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                  We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

BREAKING NEWS: Iran wants to fire Marc Wilmots

For these 4 games Branko is probably sufficient, but we will seriously struggle in the final stage of WCQ and beyond with him in charge. The ACL final was a perfect example of Branko’s tactical inabilities, Kashima coach completely outclassed him in those two games.

https://youtu.be/gHX9I5N_VJY

Comment

As an anti- Branko person during the CQ era..I will say hes more capable than Wilmots.

As someone who lived thru his coaching reign...prepare to always concede before the team starts actually playing well.

Comment

under the leadership of Branko Ivanovic we were the best in Asia and he won the 2003 Asia games with Iran.
                        His game is defensively 4-2-3-1

I expected much better during the 2006 World Cup and it is certainly not Carlos Qurioz

Branko Ivanovic brought many young players from Germany, including Fereydoon Zandi

we did not play badly against Portugal at the 2006 World Cup and we should have won against Angola. Mexico we hold long time at 1:1

Branco is better than Wilmots but Carlos was the one we need to keeped until World Cup 2022

Comment

Leaping out of a lions den and into a pit of snakes, IMHO

Branko may be a better tactician than Wilmots (not hard to do), but he's TM poison psychologically.

Comment

I’d rather go w golmohammadi daei hashemian in some combination but I’ll take Branko over wilmots. Kudos iff you evil geniuses somehow made us okay with this ... (and as always I miss cq but that ship has sadly sailed)

Comment

Branco is a good realistic option. He is better than Willmots and knows Iranian football. I Think with Branco and better organisation with friendlies and training camps we can win our 4 remaining games. What happens after that we will have to wait and see. With Willmots nothing will get better, this guy is useless. Our football is in a big mess right now, something must happen.

Only reason CQ would come back is if he gets fired from Colombia and even then he will not agree to work in Iran again after what happend to him last time. So plz all just forget about CQ comming back.

Comment

Working...
                              X