No announcement yet.

WCQ 2022/AC 2023 Round 2 Day 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran can still make it, we also have played 1 game less, we need to win everything now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How do you do that math? We still have played one game less than those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by rjafari View Post
        Actually - given we have a game in hand - means 4 wins in 4 wins us the group.
        I like the optimism. But I have a feeling that we will drop points at home against Iraq and/or Bahrain. They will start grassrolling from minute 1 and will play for a tie.
        Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Its still completely in our hands, but with Wilmots we shouldn't count on it.

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
            I like the optimism. But I have a feeling that we will drop points at home against Iraq and/or Bahrain. They will start grassrolling from minute 1 and will play for a tie.
            I think we'll beat one of them and tie the other - which should still be enough for one of the 2nd place slots that advances. Sad that it would come to that but none the less - we're still in the drivers seat.
            Now we just have to hope we have a coach who gives a damn - instead of letting IFF sit on its hands and not schedule friendlies like today.

Comment

This is the 2nd time these 2 teams have done us a favor and split the points. Lets see if our incompetent coach will take advantage this time.

Comment

So today's result gave us much better perspective to top this group eventually, we got really lucky that the results worked in our advantage.

The scenario is pretty straight forward if you ask me:
                - TM must win all 4 games.
                - TM will advance to the next round of WCQ.
                - No need for further calculations, since we still control our own destiny.

Comment

If we are not able to defeat Bahrain and Iraq in front of (hopefully 80.000-100.000 ) Fans, than we clearly don't deserve to be in the World Cup.

Comment

khoda shokr, they did us another favour and hong kong also did us a favour some days ago. we now have a better chance, as we have it now in our own hands.
                    World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                    sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                    If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                    -

Comment

I watched the game. Both Bahrain and Iraq are good sides full of technical players and are well organized and well prepared. Bahrain was somewhat stronger than Iran and should have got a penalty in first half. It will not be easy to win all 4 games. Almost impossible.

Comment

best possible result for Iran today.

I believe that TM will win all the next 4 matches and finish as the group winner
                        but if we can't beat Iraq or Bahrain in Azadi no matter who the coach is , its better not to even go to the WC.

Comment

with krgyz and tajiks draw today, another good result, as both seems to be out if they continue struggle in the japan group, as one of them probably will have to less points to move up as runner up. 7 points right now each, probably this group will have no candidate for advancing..hope that qatar win its group, but they have the return match in oman, which is behind qatar with 1 point right now.hope qatar doing it, to maximize our chance even as second team (5 out of 8)
                          World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                          sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                          If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                          -

Comment

Natijeye Eragh dobare neshoon daad ke yek team mellie raade 2 Asia ast, chera ke dar baazi raft ham ba Bahrain bad baazi kard va shansaki yek
                            emtiyaaz gereft dar daghigheye akhare baazi.

In teame eraghi ham az nazare morrabi va bazikon kam-keifiyat ast amma Wilmots ba in hame rid.

Hala hamechiz ba khodemoone, AGAR TM raa amadeh konim baraye March.
                            DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by DireStraits View Post
                              I watched the game. Both Bahrain and Iraq are good sides full of technical players and are well organized and well prepared. Bahrain was somewhat stronger than Iran and should have got a penalty in first half. It will not be easy to win all 4 games. Almost impossible.
                              Har do team az nazare tekniki va taktiki va morrabigari be nazare man besyaar zaif hastand va hargez nakhand raft be jaame jahani.

Wilmots kharabkaari kard.
                              DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
                                Natijeye Eragh dobare neshoon daad ke yek team mellie raade 2 Asia ast, chera ke dar baazi raft ham ba Bahrain bad baazi kard va shansaki yek
                                emtiyaaz gereft dar daghigheye akhare baazi.

In teame eraghi ham az nazare morrabi va bazikon kam-keifiyat ast amma Wilmots ba in hame rid.

Hala hamechiz ba khodemoone, AGAR TM raa amadeh konim baraye March.
                                Ama baraye Teame Melliye Iran, Iraq ye raghibe sarsakht ast, baraye in ke Footballe Iranro az darun mishnasan vs sabke bazi kardaneshun be ma kheyli nazdig ast. Ba in hame mishe in entezaro dasht, ke Iran dar Azadi Earagro shekast bede.

Comment

Working...
                                X