Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Masoud Shojai overstayed his welcome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s really shameful that he couldn’t end his career in a somewhat respectable way by hanging up his boots after his stint with AEK. Every single match of footy he has played after that he has been terrible both for club and country…..unfortunately, a prime example of someone who ruins themselves and how they will be remembered by refusing to retire when it’s time.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
      There is a hidden message in the post in white colour text before the smiley in the middle
      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

so long he doesnt get another invite to TM, he can do whatever he wants as far as chasing another paycheck by playing for any club out there..!!
        Eskoocher doesnt strike me as the sorta coach who would even entertain the thought of him in TM...?? and Massoud was a class guy, regardless of his footballing (mostly temperament) shortcomings and sorta over-staying his stay in TM earlier... but what do expect him to do when coach sends him an invite... refuse it..?? .... so i wish him all the best, he was a cool cat still respected TM old -imer im my book..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          so long he doesnt get another invite to TM, he can do whatever he wants as far as chasing another paycheck by playing for any club out there..!!
          Eskoocher doesnt strike me as the sorta coach who would even entertain the thought of him in TM...?? and Massoud was a class guy, regardless of his footballing (mostly temperament) shortcomings and sorta over-staying his stay in TM earlier... but what do expect him to do when coach sends him an invite... refuse it..?? .... so i wish him all the best, he was a cool cat still respected TM old -imer im my book..!!
          He was one hell of a captain,rising above and keeping the team together despite all the b.s scenarios, behind the scenes drama. Smooth operator.
          Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by Roxanaz80 View Post
            He was one hell of a captain,rising above and keeping the team together despite all the b.s scenarios, behind the scenes drama. Smooth operator.
            It would have been nice if he helped out his teammates by not putting his teammates at risk with bad red cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              It would have been nice if he helped out his teammates by not putting his teammates at risk with bad red cards.
              well, i dont recall all the details from that match...but lets not also over blown his ill-fated, incidental high kick foul and consequent Sent off in that WCQ either..! from my vague recollections that was a rather questionable Yellow card (especially as a Red card worthy 2nd card..!). i honestly dont recall it being particularly bone-headed, he didnt see the guy coming for the ball until it was too late and he had committed himself to that challenge..!!
              and besides i think it happened so very late in a very contentious away match in front of very rowdy crowd and we were set-up retardedly by wiltits to begin with and just werent clicking as a team anywhere on the pitch, not just in MF...!! ... and even then we conceded their winning goal from very late header off a Set-piece/CK where it wouldnt have been massoud's place to the marking of the goal scorer either..!!?

anybody got the vid..?

nonetheless of the above, like i said before , his useful playing days are looong gone and imo he shoulda retired from TM prior to WC18..!! But he was respectable servant of TM prior to that for a loong time and one of the more decent captains..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                well, i dont recall all the details from that match...but lets not also over blown his ill-fated, incidental high kick foul and consequent Sent off in that WCQ either..! from my vague recollections that was a rather questionable Yellow card (especially as a Red card worthy 2nd card..!). i honestly dont recall it being particularly bone-headed, he didnt see the guy coming for the ball until it was too late and he had committed himself to that challenge..!!
                and besides i think it happened so very late in a very contentious away match in front of very rowdy crowd and we were set-up retardedly by wiltits to begin with and just werent clicking as a team anywhere on the pitch, not just in MF...!! ... and even then we conceded their winning goal from very late header off a Set-piece/CK where it wouldnt have been massoud's place to the marking of the goal scorer either..!!?

anybody got the vid..?

nonetheless of the above, like i said before , his useful playing days are looong gone and imo he shoulda retired from TM prior to WC18..!! But he was respectable servant of TM prior to that for a loong time and one of the more decent captains..!
                It was a poor tackle and a carbon copy of his tackle in the Iran-South Korea game for WC 2014 qualifiers in Tehran. He didn't learn his lesson nearly 7 years later!

Comment

"
                  It's a cruel world
                  I'll take my chances
                  As long as you love me
                  I'll be your platinum
                  I'll be your silver
                  And I'll be your gold
                  "

Comment

Our interview with Masoud will be out tomorrow. I think a lot of you will be interested to hear what he has to say.
                    golbezanpodcast.com
                    twitter.com/GolBezan
                    instagram.com/GolBezan
                    youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

https://youtu.be/irTY7OB5V0A
                      golbezanpodcast.com
                      twitter.com/GolBezan
                      instagram.com/GolBezan
                      youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Originally posted by Gol Bezan View Post
                        Too much shouting gets on the nerve.

Build the infrastructure and invest in youth teams. Iran has plenty of talents. Also, control the power of Football mafia.
                        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by Gol Bezan View Post
                          One thing is right, is that our football is not heading in the right direction. IPL don't produce much standout talents anymore. We will see where Salmani will go but shekari completely fkkk his career, delfi don't do much in Croatia, same with Mohebi and Ghaedi. We all thought Hosseini and Ezatollahi could reach a better level than where they are now

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

"
                            It's a cruel world
                            I'll take my chances
                            As long as you love me
                            I'll be your platinum
                            I'll be your silver
                            And I'll be your gold
                            "

Good looking elderly man, gold!
                            Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Working...
                            X