Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain

Attached Files

"Lets put a smile on that face"

Comment

People have wanted him out of TM since 2011! Remember how everyone was crying for him when him and Hajisafi got kicked out of TM briefly for playing an Israeli team... As stupid and wrong as it was... it might have been a blessing in disguise.

He's a very good person, well spoken and classy, but there is no way he should have nearly 90 TM Caps and have played in 3 World Cups with his average level of talent (compared to others in his position).

Comment

Even though he's was below average but hey, he's definitely not the reason we Lost and I'm pretty sure there were lot of other players that were even worse.

Comment

Shojaei should have retired from TM after asian cup. He's 35 years old and plays midfield and plays the position we have many options in.

With that said the blame falls on Wilmots for inviting him. He is still capable but should not be starting.

Comment

2006 to freaking 2019 and Shojaei is STILL on the damn TM roster.

THIRTEEN YEARS.. hes not fucking Ronaldo...
            #WilmotsOUT

Comment

He brought his leg way up carelessly. Should have known it was a bad idea and controlled action beforehand. It could have been a straight red card instead of a second yellow.
              sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

The question is when is he (Masoud) going to retire? I am afraid that with Wilmoz in charge, he will continue playing in the NT. The only way we can get rid of this guy is a serious injury or that he gets banned for a long time. Fact is, that he is def. hurting TM with his selfishness and it is frustrating that Hashemian with his experience is not talking with Masoud about a retirement. When Daei was overstaying one could at least argue, that he was one of the best strikers in the world, and def. the best striker in Asia, but Masoud was never really good and i can't remember him having to many great performances. It is also funny to see that someone like Masoud is our Captain, since he got red carded many times in crucial games and because he usually make bad decisions during the game (trying to dribble past players but loosing the ball in the end f.e.)

Comment

it seems as he is adamant on becoming an even bigger and more hated villain than he is currently amongst TM fans ..??
                  i dont understand such foolishness..?? why ruin your still halfway pretty decent TM playing legacy with such retarded kale shaghi..?
                  Carlos knew best how to deal with his played-out ex stars ..! He'd just stop calling them up, until 2zarishoon biofteh ..!!
                  i remember him saying something like TM doesnt owe players anything but its 100% the other way around..! If your lucky enough to be called up to soldier for it then you must be ecstatic at the opportunity to serve and come without any reservations and give everything you got for it, knowing there may not be another such chance offered to you again and when you dont get called up.... then that's that ... and be happy and content with the prior chances you were offered, especially when knowing you've given it your best and wear your prior service to national team forever as a badge of honor..!

Comment

I asked BBC's Pooria Jafereh after the Portugal game (as we were doing that long walk back from the Saransk stadium to the city centre) about Masoud.

My point was that since 2009-2010 Iran has often been playing with 10 players when he is on the pitch just as he does not cover the spaces he should be in and is too slow so that his playmaking skills are only useful when we are playing against much weaker opposition. To be honest with you the 2014 world cup was the worst because every other player was visibly working so hard and Masoud was just strolling on the pitch. It meant that a lot of fans in the stadium were swearing at him (I don't think it was as noticeably on TV) as his inability to shift to cover ground was causing problems for the shape of a team. I

Pooria said that a lot of people don't appreciate Masoud's traits and that his leadership allows other players to shine and projects to other players

I really didn't get that - he isn't a box-to-box midfielder or something, he is a playmaker. Just being "a leader" doesn't do anything for the team.

But I'm just a fan, he is a pundit I guess....

Comment

Funny enough CQ played Masoud vs Morocco in the WC but then he realized what a liability he was and he subbed him off and never played him again. Wilmots seems incapable of that.

I miss JAHANBAKSH

Comment

It's easy to jump on the "Let's bash Shojaei" bandwagon. We all like scapegoats. But the truth is, if we're blaming the spectacular demise of TM post-CQ on one guy, we're missing the larger, systematic issues, including the lack of a dedicated & competent coach, an organized FA, psychologically-prepared players, etc. Even if we axe Shojaei now, do you think that increases our chances for the next WCQ matches if no other variables are changed? Unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                          It's easy to jump on the "Let's bash Shojaei" bandwagon. We all like scapegoats. But the truth is, if we're blaming the spectacular demise of TM post-CQ on one guy, we're missing the larger, systematic issues, including the lack of a dedicated & competent coach, an organized FA, psychologically-prepared players, etc. Even if we axe Shojaei now, do you think that increases our chances for the next WCQ matches if no other variables are changed? Unlikely.
                          actually, I happen to think that if we axe shojaei, hajsafi, ansarifard, ramin and amiri that regardless of whatever systematic problems we have we should be able to beat hong kong bahrain iraq (all at home) and qualify for main round.

Coaching staff is fucking the team over by playing weak players when alternatives that are far superior are present and available.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            actually, I happen to think that if we axe shojaei, hajsafi, ansarifard, ramin and amiri that regardless of whatever systematic problems we have we should be able to beat hong kong bahrain iraq (all at home) and qualify for main round.

Coaching staff is fucking the team over by playing weak players when alternatives that are far superior are present and available.
                            You may be right, but you also made my point: shojaei is singularly being scapegoated, while many other poor performing TM players get a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                              You may be right, but you also made my point: shojaei is singularly being scapegoated, while many other poor performing TM players get a pass.
                              Because Masoud performed poor in most of his games, get red cards in crucial moments of the game and is 35 years old. He should have retire already, we have enough players to replace him.

Comment

Working...
                              X