TM Needs An Iranian Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    Normally we don't qualify when a small footballing country organize a world cup : usa (94), sk/japan (02), south africa (10)
    2010 - Daie was the worst coach we've ever had
    2002 - no excuse for that, but that loss VS bahrain was very sketchy
    94- didn't we have an iranian coach for this one?

EDIT: Actually, even for 2002 - Belasevic wasn't terrible, but he wasn't good either - We had a very talented squad, with Karimi at his peak on top of that, and we still didn't qualify, still defending poorly

Really, it was all cuz of crappy coaches, and it just so happens that these world cups were in smaller footballing countries.

Comment

Wilmots is not going anywhere...IFF is incompetent and they don't want to make people happy...iran is nation of badbakhts...besides they just paid the guy...he is going to promise better result and then he will not do a good job again and it will be too late as iran will bow out of the WC...the entire world progress in everything...Iran goes backwards and people will just cry some more cause that's what they are good at...

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
        2002 - no excuse for that, but that loss VS bahrain was very sketchy
        94- didn't we have an iranian coach for this one?

EDIT: Actually, even for 2002 - Belasevic wasn't terrible, but he wasn't good either - We had a very talented squad, with Karimi at his peak on top of that, and we still didn't qualify, still defending poorly

Really, it was all cuz of crappy coaches, and it just so happens that these world cups were in smaller footballing countries.
        Sorry but this is complete BS.

Under Daei, we internally shat the bed and imploded in space of 10 minutes vs. Saudis in Tehran and that did it for the campaign. In a game we actually played well and were well on top. Funny how that's used to define the entire Daei era.

I fully remember watching our gamevs. UAE away (we were the only team in the group not to win that game, which really made it hard for us)....but we missed SOOO many guilt edged chances in that game ,including one in extra time after we had finally equalized. If Daei himself was playing up top that game, we'd have won it by several goals.

People forget how poor our pool of talent pre-2010 tournament was. We almost had ZERO leggionaires (only Nekounam and Ando who was a bench-warmer if I'm not mistaken) and bunch of completely finished and washed up stars like Karimi.

And yet we should have comfortably made it to WC had it not been for some shockingly bad finishing by our "strikers" and a typical Iranian self-implosion becuase of impluse similar to Japan semi-final in AC this year.

Not saying Daei was amazing, but we've had many worse coaches than him. Hate the bashing the one man who gives more shits and fuck about Iran than 99.5% of the country and this forum combined gets.

Comment

That is a very bold overstatement. I can name at least 4-5 Iranian TM coaches who were much worse than him.

Comment

Right now...most plausible and half-decent option seems to be Alexander Nouri...he has a team but i think he can be persuaded.
            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
              That is a very bold overstatement. I can name at least 4-5 Iranian TM coaches who were much worse than him.
              You know what, you may be correct as I don't know of all the Iranian coaches we've had in the past.
              However, Daei's Iran team was the worst I have personally witnessed, out of all the teams we've had from 1998 until now. - I probably should have worded it this way from the beginning

EDIT: Maybe only Wilmot's team is worse, actually - this is a possibility

Comment

Please no Iranian at this time and level. We need someone like Carlos Queiroz! Even I would be happy to see him back with Iran. That is maybe possible after World Cup 2022 return of Queiroz. But for now I only see 1 option for Iranian and it is Afshin Ghotbi he did not bad at the 2010 after Daei.

Willmots must be fired and I don't know why it is still not done? Carlos Queiroz was with Iran and he lived and loved Iran for us and did all effort for Team Melli I not see this in Marc Willmots. Our big mistake was to not extend the contract of Carlos Queiroz until WC 2022.

I like to see for Iran: Franz Beckenbauer (Germany) Jürgen Klinsmann (Germany) or Vicente del Bosque, Guus Hiddink (Netherlands), Louis van Gaal or even Oliver Bierhoff would be an option..
                We got difficulty to get an better coach but atleast we must try and we will have succes again if we go for one of them. Don't forget Guus Hiddink brought South Korea in the Semi-Final with special program for 1 year before the World Cup starts.

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                  Sorry but this is complete BS.
                  Under Daei, we internally shat the bed and imploded in space of 10 minutes vs. Saudis in Tehran and that did it for the campaign. In a game we actually played well and were well on top. Funny how that's used to define the entire Daei era.
                  I fully remember watching our gamevs. UAE away (we were the only team in the group not to win that game, which really made it hard for us)....but we missed SOOO many guilt edged chances in that game ,including one in extra time after we had finally equalized. If Daei himself was playing up top that game, we'd have won it by several goals.
                  People forget how poor our pool of talent pre-2010 tournament was. We almost had ZERO leggionaires (only Nekounam and Ando who was a bench-warmer if I'm not mistaken) and bunch of completely finished and washed up stars like Karimi.
                  And yet we should have comfortably made it to WC had it not been for some shockingly bad finishing by our "strikers" and a typical Iranian self-implosion becuase of impluse similar to Japan semi-final in AC this year.
                  Not saying Daei was amazing, but we've had many worse coaches than him. Hate the bashing the one man who gives more shits and fuck about Iran than 99.5% of the country and this forum combined gets.
                  LOL sounds like you're making excuses, just because you're a big fan of Daei.

I know how much he's done, and i'm a fan of him as well, but i won't let it get in the way of judgement of his coaching qualities.
                  • We still struggled VS UAE - no excuse for that
                  • We lost to Saudi at home due to poor defending - just like with every other coach, besides CQ, who didn't know how to organize a proper defense
                  • We barely managed to tie Saudi away - Saudi fully outplayed us in this match, and we only tied because of a nekounam header from a corner

He was terrible, regardless of the players we had. We just played terrible football under him.

Not having the strongest squad is not an excuse - Did Saudi or UAE have a better squad than us? - no excuse

LOLL the fact that you think if Daei played against UAE, we would have won by several goals, shows your obvious bias, as Daei was already useless as a striker by 2006.

You can't just blindly fail to acknowledge his poor coaching, just because he's done a lot for Iran.

I also re-iterated in another post that he may not have been the worst coach ever in the history of Iran, but his version of TM, was the worst i've seen out of all the teams from 1998 until now.

You need to be more objective.

Comment

You know what, you may be correct as I don't know of all the Iranian coaches we've had in the past.
                    However, Daei's Iran team was the worst I have personally witnessed, out of all the teams we've had from 1998 until now. - I probably should have worded it this way from the beginning

EDIT: Maybe only Wilmot's team is worse, actually - this is a possibility
                    Even if you consider 1998 until now, Daei is far from the worst. I can still name 4-5 coaches who were much worse than him.

Comment

Even if you appoint God as head coach of Iran. Same shit will eventually prevail. Nothing good comes out of that backward country until the real cause is removed.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                        Lol yea see you in world cup 2050
                        More like 2100

Comment

For all you Iranian coach doubters tell me how are you going to pay wilmots 3 million and find a new coach to pay 1 million that you don't have and can't even send to if you could ?
                          At this point any Iranian coach is better than wilmots just rewatch the game he doesn't give a shit about us could not be bothered !
                          Bollywood

Comment

I was never a fan of Irooni coaches; but I agree this guy Wilmots doesn’t care, has no connection with the players or country and isn’t even trying to establish that ...he can care less

Comment

Working...
                            X