Realistic list of Potential New TM coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYCTeamMelli View Post
    Hi my fellow Isfahani. I will remain in the minority viewpoint and go out on a limb and predict Iran will qualify for the next round of Asian FIFA World Cup qualifying (will finish top two in this Group C) based on the fact that three out of their last four games will be at Azadi stadium. Furthermore, getting Jahanbakhsh, Ghoddos, Ezatollahi and Dejagah back match fit by March 2020 is an achievable goal that will only help further improve this well balanced team.

Iran's toughest games were behind them. If in the highly unlikely even that Iran drops points (meaning even a draw) at home to Iraq, Bahrain or Hong Kong and doesn't win in an away game against Cambodia, then I will abandon ship and join the protesters in their wishes to get Wilmots replaced. At this point, I think it's premature talk. I may eat these words up later, and if so, I will be willing to admit my shortfall. And if I happen to be right, I will not rub it in.

At the end of the day, I would rather remain optimistic (based on good reasoning above - having three out of last four games at home) and support Team Melli.

Finally, to quote CQ, winning is a cure for everything. Once TM wins a few games at home, the tides will turn both from the fans, the critics, and the general populace as a whole. I am looking forward to those days.
    It’s not just the back-to-back losses against mediocre Asian sides. It’s how we perform adds in general.

You see? With CQ although we did not necessarily play mightily and attack the opponents (regardless of their caliber) with conviction and full all our attack kind of football, but at least we knew how to control the pace and tempo of the match, even against the world power teams such as Spain and Portugal, we never appeared like pushovers. We often dictates our own style of footballing upon all of them and made them play to our game and tactics (almost toyed them).

But these past 2 games we were totally played by both Bahrain and Iraq, and in fact we played to their pace and game.

What counts At the end of the day is results. The rest will be forgotten after months/years and no one will exactly remember who had more shots on goal and who had more possession etc. But everyone will remember that we beat Morocco and tied Portugal (almost beat them and topped our group had Taremi not missed that last minute sitter).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      Which Iranian coaches have bashed CQ for the Bahrain/Iraq fiasco? So he was blamed when he was here and he's blamed when he's not here? This is a clear case of having your cake and...well, you know the rest.
      Off the top of my head to mention a few names:
      Mazloomi, Hassan Roshan, Hooman Afazeli, Zolfagharnasab, I believe Derakhshan

Mayelikohan ham ke is bashing both CQ and W. He says look how bad W is that people regret losing CQ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's Mayli Kohan's actual quotes:

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/442...football-chief

TEHRAN – Former Iran national football team coach Mohammad Mayeli Kohan has criticized head of Iran Football Federation Mehdi Taj, saying the federation needs anti-nepotism policy.
        Taj is under pressure for Team Melli’s current situation in Group C, as Iran sit third in Group C of the 2022 World Cup qualification, four points adrift of Iraq.

Last week, the contract’s details of Marc Wilmots and his coaching staff with Iran national football team were disclosed. Media reports suggest that the Belgian has agreed to earn an annual salary of USD 3.6 million, however the Iranian federation had announced that it will pay him and his assistants USD 1.2 million.

Wilmots replaced Carlos Queiroz as Iran coach but has failed to meet expectations so far.

“I think it’s not Wilmots’s fault but Taj is to blame for the situation. Taj, as the person who sits on top of the pyramid, is responsible for what happened,” Mayeli Kohan said in an interview with ISNA.

“Taj has displayed a lack of knowledge in football over the past years. His deputy Mohammadreza Saket really doesn’t deserve to be here. Taj was supporting Carlos Queiroz when he was leading Team Melli but the Portuguese coach has shown that he is not a reliable coach since he has taken charge of Colombia,” the former coach added.

Mayeli Kohan replaced Stanko Poklepović in 1995 and led Team Melli in 1996 AFC Asian Cup, where the Persians ranked in third place.

Comment

TEHRAN – Former Iran national football team coach Mohammad Mayeli Kohan has criticized head of Iran Football Federation Mehdi Taj, saying the federation needs anti-nepotism policy.
          Taj is under pressure for Team Melli’s current situation in Group C, as Iran sit third in Group C of the 2022 World Cup qualification, four points adrift of Iraq.

Last week, the contract’s details of Marc Wilmots and his coaching staff with Iran national football team were disclosed. Media reports suggest that the Belgian has agreed to earn an annual salary of USD 3.6 million, however the Iranian federation had announced that it will pay him and his assistants USD 1.2 million.

Wilmots replaced Carlos Queiroz as Iran coach but has failed to meet expectations so far.

“I think it’s not Wilmots’s fault but Taj is to blame for the situation. Taj, as the person who sits on top of the pyramid, is responsible for what happened,” Mayeli Kohan said in an interview with ISNA.

“Taj has displayed a lack of knowledge in football over the past years. His deputy Mohammadreza Saket really doesn’t deserve to be here. Taj was supporting Carlos Queiroz when he was leading Team Melli but the Portuguese coach has shown that he is not a reliable coach since he has taken charge of Colombia,” the former coach added.

Mayeli Kohan replaced Stanko Poklepović in 1995 and led Team Melli in 1996 AFC Asian Cup, where the Persians ranked in third place.

Regarding Saket:

Kohan said he was only a driver previously before landed a big job In Esfahan. He was actually driver of Akbar Turkan.

He is not the only Driver who magically landed a big job. Babak Zanjani was a driver of Noorbakhsh ( Babak Markazi) , Rafigdoost was another driver.....

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
            If they were keen on getting rid of CQ then Renard would have ideal, but according to some reports the Iranian ambassador to Belgium insisted that the coach be from Belgium. In a normal country such Ambassador would be crucified for such interference and choice for the national team.

wonder who is that scandalous ass-wipe ambassador to belgik..?
            according to this article, they are paying this apathetic looser WM 3.2 Mil...!! while CQ was willing to resign for 1.6M, nearly half of what he was at the same time being offered to coach Columbia instead..!!

where are CQ bashing media dogs and all these goozoo karshenases on TV (most of them who are more like kirshenash only..!) to explain this shitt to people..?

wonder who else got their pockets greased in that transaction..? doubtful even willy boy is getting All that 3.2 mil of that money..? probably has to kick back a significant potion of his paycheck to some other Dalaal who greased that lucrative deal for this lazy wanker..!!? these are the sorts leaches that need exposing and shaming or else is gonna be hamin kase o aash even if WM is deposed..!

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
              Regarding Saket:
              Kohan said he was only a driver previously before landed a big job In Esfahan. He was actually driver of Akbar Turkan.
              He is not the only Driver who magically landed a big job. Babak Zanjani was a driver of Noorbakhsh ( Babak Markazi) , Rafigdoost was another driver.....
              all working under Taj the biggest charm-zaboon con of them all...!!
              like ive said many times prior here... " sad rahmat be Kaffaashian", you can make fun of that goofball all you want but if nothing else for many years he cleverly managed to keep CQ employed for TM regardless of repeated ziraki efforts by the same scandalous mofos to depose him from his position..!
              on the other hand, the first real challenge to doing so to Taj and this two-face con , regime Yes-man bent over to their wishes and probably lined his own pockets in process with that lucrative coaching switch..!!?

Comment

The low lives in charge just don't want Iran to qualify this time. All their actions points to this.

Comment

Which Iranian coaches have bashed CQ for the Bahrain/Iraq fiasco? So he was blamed when he was here and he's blamed when he's not here? This is a clear case of having your cake and...well, you know the rest.
                  Roshan (who was never a coach) blamed this on CQ saying that CQ did not leave a strong team behind, and did not train enough new youngsters, when he left.

Other coaches who were criticizing CQ for not beating Spain and Portugal, are now whitewashing these results.
                  Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTeamMelli View Post
                    Hi my fellow Isfahani. I will remain in the minority viewpoint and go out on a limb and predict Iran will qualify for the next round of Asian FIFA World Cup qualifying (will finish top two in this Group C) based on the fact that three out of their last four games will be at Azadi stadium. Furthermore, getting Jahanbakhsh, Ghoddos, Ezatollahi and Dejagah back match fit by March 2020 is an achievable goal that will only help further improve this well balanced team.

Iran's toughest games were behind them. If in the highly unlikely even that Iran drops points (meaning even a draw) at home to Iraq, Bahrain or Hong Kong and doesn't win in an away game against Cambodia, then I will abandon ship and join the protesters in their wishes to get Wilmots replaced. At this point, I think it's premature talk. I may eat these words up later, and if so, I will be willing to admit my shortfall. And if I happen to be right, I will not rub it in.

At the end of the day, I would rather remain optimistic (based on good reasoning above - having three out of last four games at home) and support Team Melli.

Finally, to quote CQ, winning is a cure for everything. Once TM wins a few games at home, the tides will turn both from the fans, the critics, and the general populace as a whole. I am looking forward to those days.
                    Dear Hamshahri, all I can say is that I hope you are right. I wish I could be as optimistic, but I sure hope you are right.
                    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

You guys need to stop getting angry we are not going to qualify to this world cup... Our coach is too amateur to coach a national team.

Comment

Mauricio Pochettino coach for Tottenham just got fired.

Could be a dream to have him now

Comment

I am not going work as a national team head coach,” Ivankovic concluded.

Ivankovic said he was not pay for a year

Comment

Working...
                          X