Realistic list of Potential New TM coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realistic list of Potential New TM coaches

In light of todays disaster, a new coach is obviously a priority before the next matches if we want to make it to WC. The reality is, if we win all of our remaining games and end with 18 pts, we will likely make the next round as best second place team, and from there it is a new slate.

We have a ton of quality players, many excelling in europe, most of them young, but with experience of WC, AC. IT is more than enough for a good coach to turn us into an interesting team again like under CQ, one that was very respectable. Actually, this group, if right players are called up, has more talent at its disposal than CQ ever had.

I put forward the following in two groups, Domestic and Foreign options. I am aware that the foreign options may be considerbaly more difficult for IFF to arrange, but I am suggesting ones that I think would interested to work in Iran, have had good experiences with Iranian players, and are either unemployed or under heavy pressure at their current jobs. For Domestic guys, I am looking at ones who have performed solid in PGPL, have good track record of developing younger guys, and have either charisma, or calm demanour.

Domestic Options

1 . Yahya Golmohammadi . Probably the most solid coach overall in PGPL, besides Ghalenoi whose demenaour and akhlagh immediately eliminates him from contention. Yahya has worked wonders with Zob ahan, and now even more impressively with Padideh. He has molded them into a solid outfit who play nice football. He has experience, and a really calm demeanor which can help the players. His tactical setups and ability to develop young players are the best of domestic options. His consistency over a long period of time is the biggest plus in his favor.

2. Ali Daei. Yes, we have tried this once and it failed, but Daei has come a long way since then. His work with PP and Saipa showed a very high capability for identifying and developing young talent (too many examples to list). His lack of tactical ability is definitely offset to an extent by his quality man management, amount of care and respect he has for the job, the amount of respect all players have for him, and his ability to bring his wealth of personal experience and success to the table in high pressure moments.

Foreign Options :

1- Felice Mazzu. Ex Coach of Charleroi with Kaveh, Gholizadeh, and Delfi. Worked wonder with all three of them and consistently achieved impressive finishes in competitive belgian league with charleroi. Now got a big move to KRC GENK, where it hasnt worked out for him. The team are struggling currently in midtable, far from their usual position in top 2-3. They have put in some solid CL performances vs NApoli and Liverpool,but as of the last few days, HE WAS OFFICIALLY FIRED. and is thus available. His work with the three I mentioned was great and all of them experienced huge growth under him in short period of time. He has solid tactical accumen and able to actually get possession football to work in weaker teams, like charleroi. I dont think he will be anywhere near as expensive as wilmots or CQ, since he has only had minor jobs in belgium until this point. He is my number 1 choice.

2- Kurban Berdyev. Currently not coaching after latest stint with Kazan. We all know he is a high level tactical operator if given the right tools. The uniqueness of iran post could interest him. His experience with Sardar Azmoun, Saeid ezatolahi, Reza Shekari, and Alireza Haghighi is also to be noted. His teams generally are strong counter attacking ones, but very well defensively drilled and organized. He could definitely stabilize us. Would cost more than MAzzu probably.

Any other names you guys think of? I think that Mazzu would be a fantastic, attainable option for TM right now.

Who should be Iran’s new coach ?

I hate to say it and I never thought I would say something like this but bring back Ivankovic, he knows iranian football.. he might safe us? Also he has no problems being paid in Rial.. I guess?

Comment

I think Golmohammadi could be a good choice.

Comment

At this point in time i believe any of the top 10 posters of this forum can do a better job than Wilmots..
        #WilmotsOUT

Comment

How about stramacconi.. maybe he can put in an old fashioned italian defensive style for us
          WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

stramacionni is also an interesting option. He plays unique style with SS, very modern.

Comment

Ghalenoei, seriously.
              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Daei and Hashemian as assistant

Comment

anyone. but im not convinced we're getting rid of wilmots, sadly.

Comment

Nekounam or Golmohammadi are the best domestic options for the next 7 months. I'd take either of them over Wilmots. Everything about this guy stinks, starting with the way he was forced on the team after Renard had all but signed a contract.

I knew he was a charlatan right off the bat when he kept referring to some imaginary poll in Iran where 70% of people wanted him to replace CQ! I have yet to see where this poll was!

Comment

We need an offensive coach!! We suffered so much under CQ, glad we got an offensive coach finally and things are going so well I knew CQ was the only thing holding us back. We have the players, that is the only thing that allowed CQ to have any success, this golden generation.

Sincerely signed,
                      The mentally feeble members of PFDC

Some board members were begging for this, and they got their wish. Not like many of us predicted this would happen the instany CQ left. That we’d start dropping games to Arab teams all the time, just as we’d done during our previous golden generation.

Let’s bring Branko back, those people can have their time to watch their France, Spain and England (their true favorite teams), while TM stays at home. I’d hate for them to have to watch a team have to defend a lot to get results.

As a people, us iranians have a great way of shooting ourselves in the foot. It’s always a few vocal dullards making the leaders feel justified in making these boneheaded moves.

Really, you members know who you are, these 2 games are dedicated to you! CQ is gone, you won

Comment

José Mourinho picks up where cq left off

Comment

good shout OP

i was just think Berdyev could be a decent CQesque replacement and outa job and somewhat attainable option for IFF..!! that is if the dalaals surrounding the federation and other scandalous mofo mullahs in the sports ministry dont get involved to bring another useless mercenary ..!!

Comment

Mahdavikia or Nekounam.

Yahya and Hashemian are really smart and good guys, but Iranians don't listen to calm, cold people!

Comment

Are we even sure that they will fire Wilmots yet? Considering what they will have to pay him, I wouldn't be too sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X