No announcement yet.

Marc Wilmots Wants to leave iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish we could hire Jose Mourinho. He would be a good replacement for Quieroz. Marc Willmots is not a top coach, and the worst part is that it seems he is not fighting for Team melli and iranian football to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Rezair View Post
      https://www.tabnak.ir/fa/news/936403...ن-لو-رفت
      https://donya-e-eqtesad.com/بخش-سایت...ا-لو-داد
      I don't know if it is right, but it seems like Wilmots is the highest paid head coach in TM's history...
      so where are the "Queiroz dAStmoZdeSH kHeIli bAlaTaR aZ hAGhEShE" people?!
      Let's wait and see if this information will be approved or not.
      I hope it is false because then I really cannot understand the idea of changing the head coach, since many complained about CQ's salary or that he did not visit each and every single game in our league, but then we have Wilmots who came to Iran one week before our next WC qualifier...
      The terms of Wilmots' contract were released during and right before his signing back in late May 2019. His annual salary is approximately 1.2-1.3 Million Euros and I believe his assistants receive a total of 200,000-300,000 Euros/year making the total contract 1.5-1.6 Million Euros/year. Any other figures reported are probably rumors.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        Well that's the illusion. Like a mirage...didn't you read what I wrote?

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
        Agha, I think you are dreaming of a fantasy world where Iran is not in the sh*t it is now, politically. That may be the mirage or the illusion which is leading to your expectations.

This guy inherited a really bad team, I don't know if you remember what the shape our team was in 2012....

And he made the players get in sync with each other and play with a unity that we had never seen, we always relied on bezan ziresh and deimi football in the past. More than anything he gave the players belief and he gave us belief. I've been to all the world cups over the last 20+ years and the pundits and other fans I met were amazed with how well-drilled Iran was.

Now we don't have the same amount of talent as other nations (compare our midfield with Japan's over the last 12 years!) , but the guy gave us consistent results and qualified us to two world cups. But more than anything he gave us huge amount of intangible things - sowing crop in rather poisoned soil to promote our younger players into the national team where others were criticising his decisions (remember Beiranvand, Majid Hosseini, even the confidence he had in Taremi when others were putting him down etc...)? He opened the iranian diaspora to TM so we got players like Dejagha, Gucci and Ghoddos. He made a team where the players bonded with each other and played for each other on the pitch, not selfishly.

Whereas previous coaches weren't thinking about the future, he was. All these latter changes he made may not make a difference immediately, but they will 5-10-20 years down the line. Kids watching TV will see what it's like when all 10 outfield players are running and hustling, not walking with their heads down like in previous generations. In the context of the current situation in Iran, this is a minor miracle.

We are all disappointed that he didn't win more trophies, but I do think you need to adjust your expectations. We are dealing with a national team in 40 years of IR, not Japan or Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
          Ummm what success? Did we win something with CQ? Please remind me because I must have missed this success. Of course Wilmots is not bad...he is smart enough to learn that if you want your way use the tactic that worked so well for your predecessor...create hashieh and threaten to leave! That was CQs only great coaching lesson for coaches to employ against iff.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
          Thanks. Finally some sanity. We all missed it unfortunately. Many of his fans would like to give him the position of TM coach into infinity and beyond I guess for some the win in the world cup due to a last second own goal after 8 years as head coach justifies it.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
            Thanks. Finally some sanity. We all missed it unfortunately. Many of his fans would like to give him the position of TM coach into infinity and beyond I guess for some the win in the world cup due to a last second own goal after 8 years as head coach justifies it.
            You used the word infinity and the number 8.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I guess ill feed the troll.

Being that it is the best outcome that any TM coach has accomplished to date, I dont see why he shouldnt be commended...? Who do you think did a better job? Brangoh?

A manager can only do so much, and given the funding, materials, players, etc that CQ was given, he did a great job.
              #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
                According to Manoto, Wilmots has quit.
                Literally the worst Persian language news network lol

Please give a more reliable source than that garbage.

Comment

Wilmots has no passion. He's just here to get a paycheck. What a garbage signing by the federation.

This guy brings a bodyguard with him whenever he's in Iran. Iran has one of the lowest gun or hate crimes in the world and this idiots has such a negative perspective of our country.

I say keep him for the Iraq game and send him off regardless.

Comment

1) How many wins did Iran have at the World Cup before CQ?

2) How many clean sheets at the World cup?

3) How many wins against African opposition?

4) How many results against European champions?

Comment

And where is ezzatollahi ? If it was cq he would envite him to help him get In shape.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.S View Post
                        And where is ezzatollahi ? If it was cq he would envite him to help him get In shape.
                        Same reason why Jahanbakhsh wasnt invited. He isnt getting game time at his respective club. It actually works in the opposite way. You get in shape at your club so you are fit for your national team. If you arent very active in your club, where you spend 3/4 of your time, then you arent fit for the national team.
                        #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

This person you've quoted has ZERO knowledge regarding football. No point in even responding to their posts.
                          We're better off ignoring them, so they just don't post here anymore. Their posts are useless anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

Your questions require numerical answers. Posing such questions to someone suffering from dyscalculia is pointless.
                            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
                              Same reason why Jahanbakhsh wasnt invited. He isnt getting game time at his respective club. It actually works in the opposite way. You get in shape at your club so you are fit for your national team. If you arent very active in your club, where you spend 3/4 of your time, then you arent fit for the national team.
                              cq would have invited him and there are lots of coachen WHO do this when it comes to the best players and to give the confidence. Big differensen betWeen cq and wilmots. I Don’t think he is the right man for the Job.. so the Faith of our players is in the hANds of Their club coaches? Ezzi is head and shoulders above anyone else we hjave in tjat position.
                              Last edited by MR.S; 11-12-2019, 02:10 PM. Reason: O the diathermi of puré h

Comment

any more enlightening ideas for us after todays game? Yeah, anybody with functioning brain cells would like cq to coach TM to infitinty. You and the other two braindead people on this forum would rather us not even qualify for the second round of WCQ. Thank you for all your stunning contributions to this forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X