No announcement yet.

Do or Die Game for TM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will come down to the psyche of the TM players , pure and simple. Can they handle and compartmentalize the following:

1. You’re playing in a hostile environment
    2. You may be losing your coach
    3. You are no longer group leaders
    4. You are the underdogs

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
      i hate mathematical equationing and over elaborate hypothetical future game W/L calculating...!!
      that huge 14-0 win gives me much hope still ...considering how large of a role GD is playing in advancement to next phase..!!
      the last thing we need is to put an unrealistic "Must Win" tagline on this very tricky fixture in a hostile setting vs a highly motivated and tough to beat opponent ...which frankly we havent been able to beat for quiet sometimes now, even when in far greater shape as a team.!!

conservative (counter-attacking) game approach and ultimately aiming for a Draw is the way to go..... tbh, it shoulda been our overall approach in the last the last freaking game vs Bahrain where we had never managed to ever win before..!!

a smart TM coach and a non-emotional and critically thinking TM fan should know and realize that we simply are not as good of a team as our Number 1 asian ranking may be suggesting or the fact that we are not even half as great of an attacking team as many TM fans have fancied us to be over last few decades that ive been following TM..!!

At the end of the day a simple mathematical table decides which team Moves on. The approach that you suggested was CQ game plan, we don't have him.

Comment

Originally posted by Behzad A View Post
        At the end of the day a simple mathematical table decides which team Moves on. The approach that you suggested was CQ game plan, we don't have him.
        We also don’t have his ability to psychologically prepare the players. FFS, he made them (and us) realize we could beat Spain and Portugal (which they nearly did!).

Comment

Originally posted by d.iz View Post
          We also don’t have his ability to psychologically prepare the players. FFS, he made them (and us) realize we could beat Spain and Portugal (which they nearly did!).
          Let's see how Wilmots respond to the reports that he is leaving,
          Before every qualifying game, CQ always said, Now we are focusing on the game and not his pay or his contract.

Comment

If Wilmots heart is not with the team he should not coach the DO OR DIE game.

Comment

is not do or die, cause our last 3 games i believe we play 2 at home against bahrain and iraq but if we win, would be a easier ride for us

Comment

If we lose and win rest of our games and either Bahrain or Iraq win against each other we will be in the second place.Think about it. DO OR DIE GAME

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                  I think you’re taking his definition of “must win” a little wrong - it sounds like he is saying it’s a must win in terms of importance it has on the qualifying phase, not bc playing Iraq is a walk in the park.
                  That ain’t quiet the case yet too..!
                  Both Iraq & Bahrain still have to come to Azadi to play us ...! Now those are the games I’d consider must win ...(It’s likely we beat Bahrain @ home with more than one goal too..!?) a Tie away in Iraq would still keep us relatively comfortably in the race for promotion to next round in my view ..!

That stupid loss away to Bahrain put us on the edge but we still controlling our destiny

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                    That ain’t quiet the case yet too..!
                    Both Iraq & Bahrain still have to come to Azadi to play us ...! Now those are the games I’d consider must win ...(It’s likely we beat Bahrain @ home with more than one goal too..!?) a Tie away in Iraq would still keep us relatively comfortably in the race for promotion to next round in my view ..!
                    That stupid loss away to Bahrain put us on the edge but we still controlling our destiny
                    We control our destiny as long as not losing to Iraq!

Comment

Wrong thread
                      Last edited by St_Mark; 11-08-2019, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Wrong thread
                        Last edited by St_Mark; 11-08-2019, 05:27 AM.

Comment

we will loose and wilmots out, wait and see....

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                            Wrong thread
                            Mr Right,
                            This tread simply, states the fact that if we lose to Iraq and win rest of our games including the games against Iraq & Bahrain in Tehran, we will not have guaranteed advancement to the next stage if Bahrain & Iraq tie their game against each other. By my definition it is a Do or Die game. What is your?

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                              we will loose and wilmots out, wait and see....
                              If we lose our destiny will be on the hands of Bahrain & Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by Behzad A View Post
                                Mr Right,
                                This tread simply, states the fact that if we lose to Iraq and win rest of our games including the games against Iraq & Bahrain in Tehran, we will not have guaranteed advancement to the next stage if Bahrain & Iraq tie their game against each other. By my definition it is a Do or Die game. What is your?
                                My wrong thread story

I posted 2 U19 post by mistake in this thread. Then I deleted them and wrote Wrong treat ! I !

Comment

Working...
                                X