Do or Die Game for TM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do or Die Game for TM

If we lose against IRAQ, we will be 4 points both IRAQ & Bahrain (Bahrain will win their next game). Our chances for qualifying for the next stage will be less than 25%. We have not been in this position for many years ( Lebanon game was different and TM was in a better position point wise). Do you guys share my concerns or not!

It's gonna be a super tough game against Iraq. They are playing home after a long time. We screwed up :/ I still can't believe how we lost to Bahrain. We had a similar situation in 2006 qualifiers against Qatar and Jordan. TM always comes through.

Comment

On the 2006 qualifying stage we played 6 games. We won 5 and lost one. We beat Qatar both away and at home.

Comment

I agree that this is a citical game but even if we lose and win all the other games, it's likely that we will finish 2nd.

Comment

Yeah, if and only if we win all of our games and that is not guranteed for moving on to the next stage. Dejavu feelings. Any Arabs will run with flags again. WE MUST WIN or Else

Comment

It's been a while since we had to call imam Zaman to help TM qualify. TM is back to be sarcastically exciting again.
            .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Funny how many people considered this group to be "easy"

Comment

last time we were in this position was 2006 WCQ i believe where we needed a big win away in Qatar and we got it thanks to Hashmian and Borhani goals i think...

Comment

away game to Jordan many years ago was same situation when we won and away game to qatar when azizi and hashemian made comebacks was same. Also similar situation with CQ when we had to win away to qatar and we did. we cannot deny we have a good history to these kind of games.

Draw will be enough for iran. In tehran team will be all out attack and hard to stop

Comment

You guys are wrong , the Iraq game is not due or die.

Even if we loose to Iraq , and then win all of our remaining 4 games , we will finish first in the group
                    Based on better goal differential.

We will play 3 out of our next return matches in Azadi in coding Iraq and Bahrain games.

Comment

Let's first see if we can keep our coach or not!!! He might very well leave if he doesn't get his money.

If we field our best 11, I really don't see how Iraq can beat us. We are superior.

Comment

yea, TM needs to get back to their old gheyrati ways when backs against the wall..!! we simply are a better team, so long everyone plays their hearts out and doesnt wimp-out on the game day, we should well at least manage a draw ..!
                        just dont come up with over-elaborate tactical changes and do not start any rookie, inexperienced players if a healthy veteran alternatives are available..except maybe HajSafi who has shown a tendency to be extra mistake-prone in critical match-ups..! and Ansarifard who often goes in la la land and MIA in such critical mach-ups..!
                        Last edited by BacheLot; 11-05-2019, 08:19 AM.

Comment

If we lose to IRAQ and win rest of our games, in only one scenario we will top our group, that is , IRAQ ties Bahrain in Iraq. It is a MUST WIN situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Behzad A View Post
                            If we lose to IRAQ and win rest of our games, in only one scenario we will top our group, that is , IRAQ ties Bahrain in Iraq. It is a MUST WIN situation.
                            i hate mathematical equationing and over elaborate hypothetical future game W/L calculating...!!
                            that huge 14-0 win gives me much hope still ...considering how large of a role GD is playing in advancement to next phase..!!
                            the last thing we need is to put an unrealistic "Must Win" tagline on this very tricky fixture in a hostile setting vs a highly motivated and tough to beat opponent ...which frankly we havent been able to beat for quiet sometimes now, even when in far greater shape as a team.!!

conservative (counter-attacking) game approach and ultimately aiming for a Draw is the way to go..... tbh, it shoulda been our overall approach in the last the last freaking game vs Bahrain where we had never managed to ever win before..!!

a smart TM coach and a non-emotional and critically thinking TM fan should know and realize that we simply are not as good of a team as our Number 1 asian ranking may be suggesting or the fact that we are not even half as great of an attacking team as many TM fans have fancied us to be over last few decades that ive been following TM..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                              i hate mathematical equationing and over elaborate hypothetical future game W/L calculating...!!
                              that huge 14-0 win gives me much hope still ...considering how large of a role GD is playing in advancement to next phase..!!
                              the last thing we need is to put an unrealistic "Must Win" tagline on this very tricky fixture in a hostile setting vs a highly motivated and tough to beat opponent ...which frankly we havent been able to beat for quiet sometimes now, even when in far greater shape as a team.!!

conservative (counter-attacking) game approach and ultimately aiming for a Draw is the way to go..... tbh, it shoulda been our overall approach in the last the last freaking game vs Bahrain where we had never managed to ever win before..!!

a smart TM coach and a non-emotional and critically thinking TM fan should know and realize that we simply are not as good of a team as our Number 1 asian ranking may be suggesting or the fact that we are not even half as great of an attacking team as many TM fans have fancied us to be over last few decades that ive been following TM..!!
                              I think you’re taking his definition of “must win” a little wrong - it sounds like he is saying it’s a must win in terms of importance it has on the qualifying phase, not bc playing Iraq is a walk in the park.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                              X