Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIFA World Cup ™ 2022 Qualifier: Iraq - Iran; Info, Updates & Live Reports (14.11.19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
    It is perfectly fair for Iraqi's to protest their political situation, the islamic republic has been a leech in their country and just last week there was a viral audio clip circulating in Iraq of Alamolhoda claiming that Iraq is part of Iran now. Imagine yourself in their shoes.
    This would be the exact opposite sort of situation that an Iranian footballer would want to use as motivation to play; far too politically charged. Maybe the likes of Torabi will see it as more reason to perform but the one's with intact brain function should steer clear of it.
    They had Saudi led Daesh, US troops and Saddam Hussein tearing their country apart, but nope, Iran is bad, because the evil fireworshippers sell good laundry detergent.
    Jordan is full of exile Iraqis who left Iraq in 2003 who are pro-Saddam. I would give zero credit or legitimacy to any of their "concerns".

Iraq always comes to play against Iran motivated. If they're that worked up I hope it wrecks their nerves.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
      It is perfectly fair for Iraqi's to protest their political situation, the islamic republic has been a leech in their country and just last week there was a viral audio clip circulating in Iraq of Alamolhoda claiming that Iraq is part of Iran now. Imagine yourself in their shoes.
      This would be the exact opposite sort of situation that an Iranian footballer would want to use as motivation to play; far too politically charged. Maybe the likes of Torabi will see it as more reason to perform but the one's with intact brain function should steer clear of it.
      Mate, I am the most genuinely anti-IR person I know in my age group/ station in life but a game held in a neutral 3rd country for World cup qualifiers is absolutely no place for that type of protest.(gas masks, anti-Iran rhetoric etc).

I'm not threatening them.... I am very secular as proven by my many posts in the General Discussion forum so I'm being objective when I say if FIFA gave THAT MUCH of a fine to Iran for their Ashura antics vs South Korea (which lets face it, was nothing more than religious chants and everyone wearing black), the fans of another team protesting with gas masks/and chanting rhetoric against the other teams government will lead to consequences.

Nokhodi already said some of what I was going to say politics wise so lets leave that alone.

For reference, Yemen, who is being bombed into oblivion by Saudis did not have such a protest. Instead, they came to play and embarrassed the 8-0ers into a 2-2 tie that they were unlucky not to win.

The only time we lose to Arabs due to atmosphere is because of their mindgames/grassrolling/dirty play.
      IMO we don't do poorly in politically charged/nationalistic game situations.

1) We beat the US in the most politically charged match we have ever played

2) After South Korea accused us of being poor hosts, CQ and the gang beat them in Seoul.

3) Who could forget when that fan in Australia, ripped our net and in essence told us to go home after being 2-0 down? And we all know what happened after that.

Comment

Enough of the political conversations - plz continue it in the general forum. Back to football please!
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Just checked in my hotel in Hong Kong , Bahrain national football team are here haha
          Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Marc Wilmots: "We have the same goal and that is to qualify to 2022 FIFA world cup. We have an important game against Iraq, and we will try to show our best on Thursday because we know how much this match is important for the Iranian."

Comment

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post
              Just checked in my hotel in Hong Kong , Bahrain national football team are here haha
              Goh khordan. Inshallah ke hamashun es'hal shan.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                Marc Wilmots: "We have the same goal and that is to qualify to 2022 FIFA world cup. We have an important game against Iraq, and we will try to show our best on Thursday because we know how much this match is important for the Iranian."
                Then what happened against Bahrain agha ostad, ridin ke?

Comment

I'm surprised how heavily backed we are by the bookies to win this. For me it's a 50/50 match and I'm already shitting myself as I can't handle the nerves!

Comment

Iraqis are the clear favorites, we are the under dogs
                    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                      Iraqis are the clear favorites, we are the under dogs
                      Please shed underdog tag.

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                        Keys to our game against them are patience and discipline. Their results and manner they played against other teams mean nothing when it comes to the battle with Iran- Iraqis will always raise their game and tempo.

This game is always Iraq’s World Cup Final!
                        this..!!
                        our team hasnt had even half the appropriate level leadership and the physical/tactical nor psychological preparations for this match and the last thing we need is daste kam gereftanieh arroghia, loosing our patience & discipline and/or trying to rush the game and risk too much pushing for a win ..!!

yes, we are well capable of winning this match but Patience and Discipline are a must have in order to achieve it ....!! press our luck and its gonna be yet another emotional and mental meltdown followed by an unlucky/undeserved narrow loss for us to whine about and a WCQ campaign on verge of demise ..!!

Comment

I predict tomorrow
                          Hong Kong will beat Bahrain 1-0 and
                          Iran will beat Iraq 2-1

Comment

These sunni arabs are mad because Iran now owns Iraq,Syria,Lebanon,Yemen and is the super power of the
                            Middle East and noone has the balls to mess with us anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                              I predict tomorrow
                              Hong Kong will beat Bahrain 1-0 and
                              Iran will beat Iraq 2-1
                              What you said is what you think It will be or what you want? There is huge difference between what you think It will be and what you want.

Comment

I predict tomorrow...
                                Iran will beat Iraq 2-1
                                maayyyyybe, not with the volitile management and roster we have. A lot of key players missing out, similar to the game against Bahrain.

I predict tomorrow
                                Hong Kong will beat Bahrain 1-0
                                Not a chance. Have you seen how HK has been playing and how we completely owned them at their own turf? Bahrain are light years ahead of HK.
                                #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Working...
                                X