Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIFA World Cup ™ 2022 Qualifier: Iraq - Iran; Info, Updates & Live Reports (14.11.19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is this rumor by Ali Noori of Qatar's Al Kaas via Twitter that Iraqi federation intends to not play on Thursday to show its solidarity with the anti-government/anti-corruption protests sweeping Iraqi cities by withdrawing from the Thursday match (see the link below). This is only a rumor and I rather beat them on the pitch fare and square yet I take a 3-0 win if they are willing to withdraw I highly doubt that this is true.

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/164922...A9%D9%86%D8%AF

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
      The match is at 17 30 Tehran time,. 9 am NY, Toronto

https://90tv.ir/news/%D8%A7%D8%B9%D9...B1%D8%A7%D9%86
      Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
      10am haji - 6 hour time difference between Jordan and NY/Toronto
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
        There is this rumor by Ali Noori of Qatar's Al Kaas via Twitter that Iraqi federation intends to not play on Thursday to show its solidarity with the anti-government/anti-corruption protests sweeping Iraqi cities by withdrawing from the Thursday match (see the link below). This is only a rumor and I rather beat them on the bitch fare and square yet I take a 3-0 win if they are willing to withdraw I highly doubt that this is true.

They're not that stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
          There is this rumor by Ali Noori of Qatar's Al Kaas via Twitter that Iraqi federation intends to not play on Thursday to show its solidarity with the anti-government/anti-corruption protests sweeping Iraqi cities by withdrawing from the Thursday match (see the link below). This is only a rumor and I rather beat them on the bitch fare and square yet I take a 3-0 win if they are willing to withdraw I highly doubt that this is true.

Great, we’ll take the 3-0 win. Thank you very much!

Comment

i don't know arabic, but as far as i understood his tweets. he (@ali_sport813) recommends to wear masks and wristband in solidarity with iraqi protestors.
            i don't in which way this circumstances will influence iraqi players. this could lead to a motivated performance (like asian cup 2008) or a over-motivated performance like the bahrain game in tehran. bahraini player was sent off in the first minute of the game.
            it's important that wilmots and hashemian tell the players to avoid fights on the pitch. i think there will be red cards! it important that we don't get them!

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
              I totally agree with that! This is Hashemian's chance.
              He has been keeping very low profile and living in the shadows of other people. Something not very desirable of a young, educated coach with lots of experience as a player and to some extent as a coach in Europe.
              Hashemian knows Iran's football, understands the psychology and all the issues involved in playing in Asia and specially with Arab countries. He should step forward and take a much stronger leadership role and not be afraid of shaking the boat or be controversial. … I was not too impressed with his recent interview. They asked him if he knows what is going on with Wiltmos and whether he is coming back to Iran, his answer was I don't know and it is not my business. How could an assistant coach say something as irresponsible as that. He needs to be reminded that at the end of the day he is also responsible and accountable for what happens to the team and its performances. It is totally his responsibility specially as an Iranian assistant coach be proactive in resolving issues that impacts the team. He should have been the one who put pressure on the federation and ask questions of why the coach is not in Iran on previously agreed time.
              I really hope he shakes up soon.. he is a good guy and he could be what we need in the future.
              I am not sure I agree. Actually, I think his silence was very professional and in a way there was a strong message that he conveyed in the unsaid. He has been attending many PGL matches and he is doing his job. Instead of opening his mouth when he shouldn't, he keeps his head down and does his work. Of course, we don't know what he says behind the scenes to Saaket, Taj and Wilmots. Judging from his critical interviews in the past about mismanagement in Iranian football, I seriously doubt that he is silent behind closed doors. I am hopeful that he will make his mark (no pun intended ) and will be our next TM coach after Wilmots.

Comment

I also think Hashemian would be a good option for coach after Wilmots. He is hard-working and meticulous.

I wonder if Mahdavikia could also have an advisory role too... Particularly given what he is doing with our grass-roots. I don't want Mehdi involved in the hashieh as TM coach or deputy but in the background he can continue to do a lot.

Comment

Are we going to play attacking football for this match??? Wilmots wants to do the same thing against Bahrain?

Comment

guys go watch BAH-IRQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO75R4G1daA
                    IRAQ has no creativity in their game. a lot of long balls from deep midfield and hope for a miracle from Mohanad Ali. The only times they kept possession and passed the ball, they went over their legionnaires Osama Rashid and Justin Meram. Both of them are not included in their current roster.

I guess they will park the bus and turn the midfield into a battlefield. They have some physical players Amjad Attwan, Safa Hadi, …

IMO the key to win the game:

first:
                    is to have 11 on the field until the final whistle
                    2002 wcq nikbakht should have been sent off
                    2011 pouladi was sent off
                    2019 ghoddos should have been sent off
                    Everytime we play the in a official match one of our players lose his mind and do silly stuff.

second:
                    Upfront they will wait for mistakes from our backline from long balls. We have to mark Mohanad Ali for 90 with 2 CD's. He is very good and fight until the end!

upfront we have enough quality to score and i'm sure we will score.

Comment

In Bahrain game we went back to our usual TM style game before CQ. There were no communication or plan between midfield and attackers....if we don’t see this adjustment, IFF made a horrible hire and Wilmots needs to go

Comment

Training pics

Comment

Originally posted by bahbah View Post
                          guys go watch BAH-IRQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO75R4G1daA
                          IRAQ has no creativity in their game. a lot of long balls from deep midfield and hope for a miracle from Mohanad Ali. The only times they kept possession and passed the ball, they went over their legionnaires Osama Rashid and Justin Meram. Both of them are not included in their current roster.

I guess they will park the bus and turn the midfield into a battlefield. They have some physical players Amjad Attwan, Safa Hadi, …

IMO the key to win the game:

first:
                          is to have 11 on the field until the final whistle
                          2002 wcq nikbakht should have been sent off
                          2011 pouladi was sent off
                          2019 ghoddos should have been sent off
                          Everytime we play the in a official match one of our players lose his mind and do silly stuff.

second:
                          Upfront they will wait for mistakes from our backline from long balls. We have to mark Mohanad Ali for 90 with 2 CD's. He is very good and fight until the end!

upfront we have enough quality to score and i'm sure we will score.
                          CQ, is that you?

Comment

Keys to our game against them are patience and discipline. Their results and manner they played against other teams mean nothing when it comes to the battle with Iran- Iraqis will always raise their game and tempo.

This game is always Iraq’s World Cup Final!
                            sigpic
                            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

I still believe the weather was one of the main factors that our boys lost in bahrain (humidity 87%) .

In amman the weather is nice . a Little bit high humidity but its good enough if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                                CQ, is that you?
                                lol
                                i wished

Comment

Working...
                                X