Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIFA World Cup ™ 2022 Qualifier: Iraq - Iran; Info, Updates & Live Reports (14.11.19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bahbah View Post
    Iraq list is out:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_n...#Current_squad
    Justin Meram, Ahmed Yasin, Jiloan Hamad, Osama Rashid are not invited.
    There are some Rumors about hostility against expat players and Katanec being under pressure being first or second after 4 games (being sacked otherwise).
    I guess he dropped the creativity and goes for a physical game against iran. Trying not to lose and maybe win 1-0. Upfront they have Mohanad Ali who is perfect for such games.
    Like in the asian cup and always, this will be a very heated derby! You can add the tension in the last weeks to that.
    I hope Hashemian and other coaching stuff try to explain this to Wilmots. Against Bahrain it looked like he's unaware of this non-sports issues in the middle east.
    I guess we will see a lineup like this:
    My thoughts about the line-up:
    – Pouraliganji comes in for Kanani (more experience)
    – Ebrahimi and Hajisafi will start. in Midfield.
    The 4 upfront will be
    Azmoun, Ansarifard, Taremi (if not fit > Amiri) and Jahanbaksh
    No fluid passing game will be possible. Iraq we'll play a physical game. Therefore you need players who can create something on their own and on mistakes. This four suit that and all of them know hot to press and put pressure on defenders.
    I would drop Ansarifard and go for three Midfielders with Nourollahi. But i doubt Wilmots gonna change his tactical formation.
    Be prepared to see a lot of long balls, also. This would avoid the fighting in the middle. Also iraq lacks creativity! Just give them the ball and wait for mistakes.
    Last time we played them in the asian cup, CQ know that would not harm us and rested some players. I would do the same. We need atleast 1 point from this game and a conservative gameplan is better.
    What bothers me more are IFFs decision regardless of the situation to play in IRAQ. Iran could have easily avoid playing iraq now. Days ago there was a international club game scheduled in basra, and it was postponed.
    To add more things to be worried, the REFREE is a young jordanien guy, who was sent home in the asian cup after his first game!
    so definitely not ansarifard and probably not an ARJ who has played zero minutes of professional football all year. Hajsafi starting again would be a catastrophe. Imo, Gholizadeh MUST start.

Comment

Normally if we had CQ managing TM i wouldn’t have this much doubts going into this matchday even when we are playing in Karbala compared to now that Wilmots is coaching TM. He will probably copy paste our squad against Iraq in AC2019.
      Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

We are officialy F*cked if this turns out to be true!! According to belgium dhnet newspaper Wilmots wants to leave team melli as he has not been paid his wages !
        https://www.dhnet.be/sports/football...Pos=0#cxrecs_s

Wilmots veut déjà quitter l’Iran: Notre ex-coach fédéral n’a pas été payé !
        Translate: Wilmots already wants to leave Iran: Our former federal coach has not been paid!

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
          We are officialy F*cked if this turns out to be true!! According to belgium dhnet newspaper Wilmots wants to leave team melli as he has not been paid his wages !
          https://www.dhnet.be/sports/football...Pos=0#cxrecs_s

Wilmots veut déjà quitter l’Iran: Notre ex-coach fédéral n’a pas été payé !
          Translate: Wilmots already wants to leave Iran: Our former federal coach has not been paid!
          How are we f***ed? He's a bad manager. Reaction has been pretty cool so far.

Comment

First of all how did you decide that he is a bad manager after 5 games ! lol typical iranian football fan

2nd of all you think its not F***ed at this time (crucial game against iraq) for team melli to play without manager against them??? you seriously think that ?

" Reactions have been pretty cool????" what does your "Saghi " give you lol

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            How are we f***ed? He's a bad manager. Reaction has been pretty cool so far.

Comment

First of all how did you decide that he is a bad manager after 5 games ! lol typical iranian football fan

2nd of all you think its not F***ed at this time (crucial game against iraq) for team melli to play without manager against them??? you seriously think that ?

" Reactions have been pretty cool????" what does your "Saghi " give you lol
              He is a bad manager as evidenced by his record in Belgium and Ivory Coast and his tactical and preparatory naivete in the Iran-Bahrain game.
              By saying reactions have been cool, I mean most fans aren't really running around crying about this. He's not a loved manager.

Comment

Lol for some reason you have pedar koshtegi with me ! everything i write you try to assume stuff and attack back ! Why do you keep assuming things bro! Who said he is a "loved manager" ??

So you are judging him on 1 game against bahrain in poor weather conditionwith grass rolling arabs ??? Are you serious?? btw CQ didn't have great records as a manager either (and i really love CQ).

I've said this before : I had the same feeling against CQ after we lost to lebanon ! but he came back and proved us all wrong. all im saying is pay his wage and let him do his job. He might become motivated and even get better results than CQ!

BTW take some chill pills bro! stop attacking

He is a bad manager as evidenced by his record in Belgium and Ivory Coast and his tactical and preparatory naivete in the Iran-Bahrain game.
                By saying reactions have been cool, I mean most fans aren't really running around crying about this. He's not a loved manager.

Comment

Well he's definitely no CQ. MW has some really BIG shoes to fill, and it will be a LONG time before (if ever) he has the TM fan love that CQ had.

Comment

Lol for some reason you have pedar koshtegi with me ! everything i write you try to assume stuff and attack back ! Why do you keep assuming things bro! Who said he is a "loved manager" ??

So you are judging him on 1 game against bahrain in poor weather conditionwith grass rolling arabs ??? Are you serious?? btw CQ didn't have great records as a manager either (and i really love CQ).

I've said this before : I had the same feeling against CQ after we lost to lebanon ! but he came back and proved us all wrong. all im saying is pay his wage and let him do his job. He might become motivated and even get better results than CQ!

BTW take some chill pills bro! stop attacking
                    Am I attacking you?
                    I am simply saying Wilmots is a bad manager based on his record and what players who have worked with him have said.
                    Its nothing against you at all.

Comment

Yea exactly man ! There is 2way to motivate him pay him his money and show him respect ! Then if he didn't perform well get rid of him ! After 20 games minimum ! Right now he is not motivated at all ( i would be too if this happened)!
                      Originally posted by diz View Post
                      Well he's definitely no CQ. MW has some really BIG shoes to fill, and it will be a LONG time before (if ever) he has the TM fan love that CQ had.

Comment

FIFA decided both games IRQ-IRN and IRQ-BAH will be played on neutral ground!

Comment

Absolutely immense news that benefits TM greatly. Finally, we catch somewhat of a lucky break.

There are a lot of logistical issues that need to be ironed out in a one week timeframe, so I wouldn't be shocked if these matches are postponed. Nonetheless, great news all around.

Comment

Originally posted by bahbah View Post
                            FIFA decided both games IRQ-IRN and IRQ-BAH will be played on neutral ground!
                            Source?

Comment

Yes it is correct.

The Neutral country will most like be Jordan.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                                Source?
                                Here is the FIFA letter published by Varzesh3:

Here is the link to the article:

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/164814...B1%D8%AF%D9%86

Comment

Working...
                                X