Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIFA World Cup ™ 2022 Qualifier: Iraq - Iran; Info, Updates & Live Reports (14.11.19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIFA World Cup ™ 2022 Qualifier: Iraq - Iran; Info, Updates & Live Reports (14.11.19)

Match Information
    Game: Iraq - Iran
    Venue: Amman International Stadium, Amman, Jordan
    Date: Thursday 14 November, 2019
    Local Time: 16:00 (EET)
    Tournament: FIFA World Cup ™ 2022 World Cup Qualifiers
    Stage: Third Round, Match day 4

Match Report
    Goal

Officials
    Hettikamkanamge Dilan Perera (Sri Lanka)

Latest head-to-head results

Facts and figures

Time Zones

Broadcasters
    Hesgoal

Re-cap

we need to do all prematch rituals this time. ALL.

Kia, thanks for opening your traditional pre match thread. They are essentials to a successful TM match and excellent sources of information pre game.

Now, PersianGodfather, please answer call of duty, label us underdogs. Everybody with a brain, thanks his post.

DJPedram, make your poll. Include some ridiculous statements in your comment telling everybody to vote.

Ehsan Singapore, please provide at least 1 highly insightful comment, like "we should really try to play a good match".

If we do this, and wiltits drops hajsafi ,Ansarifard,Mohebbi for nourollahi,gholizadeh,ARJ we will emerge victorious.

Comment

I think one the reasons Iran lost to Bahrain was because we took the opposition lightly. We need to play every team with the same concentration and intensity. I also pray that Hajsafi does not start, and that Gholizadeh and Dejagah (if fit and in form) play.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Kiarash, thread stickied
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

This match is crucial and right now iran are at an all time low. We don't have stable coaching staff.. we havent had any decent friendly or a proper preparation , our facilites in iran are some of the worst in the world.. meanwhile iraq is on fire and always plays their heart out against us.. we are clearly the under dogs
          WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Why do we constantly get drawn with the Al-Shotor team of Iraq? Ugh.
            Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

This is going to be very intense, I look forward to our players digging deep and coming out with the crucial away win. Very stressful times already.
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

If loosing to Bahrain and Iraq we simply need to admit that the world cup is nothing we'd deserve. Simply as that

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

How on earth are we allowed to play in Iraq basra when there is 0 secuirity for iranians. They are all saying death to iranians on the streets ! Khak to sare IFF for not doing anything about it! We need to change this asap! Our players will be scared as f***.

Comment

"Iranian football delegation departs for Iraq to review conditions for upcoming match

A delegation from Iranian football federation has departed for Iraq to review the conditions of Iraq for hosting the upcoming match with Iran.

National football teams of Iran and Iraq are slated to lock horns on November 14 at Basra International Stadium in 2022 World Cup and 2023 Asian AFC Cup qualifications.

Public protests in Iraq have cast the shadow of doubt on holding the match in the country. Earlier, the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) announced that matches of Group A of U19 Championship qualification from Nov. 2 to 10, which was slated to be held in Iraq, has been postponed until further notice.

To further review the conditions, an Iranian delegation led by Mohammad Reza Saket, Secretary-General of the Islamic Republic of Iran’s Football Federation, left Tehran for Iraq on Wednesday morning. The federation will mull over requesting for postponing or holding the game in another venue after the visit.

Also, the Iranian federation announced that the head of the Iraqi Football Federation, Abdul-Khaliq Masoud, will visit Tehran on Saturday to hold talks with his Iranian counterpart, Mehdi Taj."

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/151724/...iew-conditions

Comment

According to Tasnim, the match may be relocated to Erbil:

"The match between Iraq and Iran which was originally scheduled to be held at the Basra Stadium in Basra, south of Iraq, will likely be he held in Erbil, north of the Arab country.

The 2022 World Cup qualifier has been scheduled for November 14 but the venue will likely be changed.

At the start of October, street protests erupted in several Iraqi cities over unemployment and poor public services. The demonstrations resumed on Friday after a pause of about two weeks.

The first round of the protests left more than 150 people dead in Iraq, according to the Interior Ministry.

The match between Iraq’s Al-Quwa Al-Jawiya and MC Alger of Algeria at the Arab Club Championship in Basra has been cancelled for security reasons."

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2...basra-in-doubt

Comment

Okay now this some BS ! Sepah is trying to forcing Team melli to play in iraq regardless of all the anti iranian chants and attacks , just to show that everything is safe, just to stay in iraq.

They have now attacked our consulate in karbala !

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...232545555.html

Comment

Having this qualifying game in Karbala is simply asking for severe consequences.

Comment

Iraq list is out:
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_n...#Current_squad

Justin Meram, Ahmed Yasin, Jiloan Hamad, Osama Rashid are not invited.
                            There are some Rumors about hostility against expat players and Katanec being under pressure being first or second after 4 games (being sacked otherwise).
                            I guess he dropped the creativity and goes for a physical game against iran. Trying not to lose and maybe win 1-0. Upfront they have Mohanad Ali who is perfect for such games.
                            Like in the asian cup and always, this will be a very heated derby! You can add the tension in the last weeks to that.
                            I hope Hashemian and other coaching stuff try to explain this to Wilmots. Against Bahrain it looked like he's unaware of this non-sports issues in the middle east.

I guess we will see a lineup like this:

My thoughts about the line-up:

– Pouraliganji comes in for Kanani (more experience)
                            – Ebrahimi and Hajisafi will start. in Midfield.

The 4 upfront will be
                            Azmoun, Ansarifard, Taremi (if not fit > Amiri) and Jahanbaksh

No fluid passing game will be possible. Iraq we'll play a physical game. Therefore you need players who can create something on their own and on mistakes. This four suit that and all of them know hot to press and put pressure on defenders.

I would drop Ansarifard and go for three Midfielders with Nourollahi. But i doubt Wilmots gonna change his tactical formation.

Be prepared to see a lot of long balls, also. This would avoid the fighting in the middle. Also iraq lacks creativity! Just give them the ball and wait for mistakes.
                            Last time we played them in the asian cup, CQ know that would not harm us and rested some players. I would do the same. We need atleast 1 point from this game and a conservative gameplan is better.

What bothers me more are IFFs decision regardless of the situation to play in IRAQ. Iran could have easily avoid playing iraq now. Days ago there was a international club game scheduled in basra, and it was postponed.
                            To add more things to be worried, the REFREE is a young jordanien guy, who was sent home in the asian cup after his first game!

Comment

Mohanad Ali is a very good player from Iraq. Tarek and Bashar will have a lot of influence too and for that reason I would go with Amiri as a CM like he was in the WC for this one since Hajsafi has proven time and time again to be pure sh!t and an unprofessional cry baby on the pitch.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                              X