Wilmots Attacking Fotball: A FALSE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilmots Attacking Fotball: A FALSE!!

Since the appointment of Wilmots, we have been under the impression that we are playing an attacking style football. On paper it may seem like we will attack with more numbers but in fact when Wilmots claims that we will attack more what he actually means is that we will defend with less. Also we are attacking with less numbers compared to CQ era and even Brankos era.

CQ era: We played 4-1-2-2-1 also considered 4-3-3 holding. On defense every player played behind the ball and on attack, the 2 wingers and 2 center midfielders would join the lone striker making it 5 attacking players.

Branko era: We played 4-4-2 diamond. On defense 8 player would drop back and 2 strikers would stay up and on attack, the attacking midfielder and 2 winger would join the 2 strikers making it 5 attacking players.

Wilmots era: We are playing 4-2-2-2. On defense 6 players stay back and on attack the 2 attacking wingers plus 2 strikers are the only attacking players. making it 4 attacking players.

So in comparison:
    CQ team: 10 on Defense and 5 on attack
    Brankos team: 8 on Defense and 5 on attack
    Wilmots team 6 on Defense and 4 on attack.

Under Wilmots, not only do we attack in less numbers but we actually defend in less numbers than during both CQ and Brankos era. We have become more vulnerable on both sides of the pitch. This ladies and gentlemen is a recipe for disaster.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

We've played three competitive games under Wilmots. Three.

Maybe have a cigarette?

Comment

^^ lol not to mention have scored more and created more chances in the 3 games than we did with CQ in 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
        ^^ lol not to mention have scored more and created more chances in the 3 games than we did with CQ in 4 years.
        Your post contained the numbers 3 and 4.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

LOL you're laughing at the other guy for making claims after 3 matches, and yet, so are you.

More goals and more chances in 3 games than CQ had in 4 years? - SURE. Let's just ignore the fact that this is ONLY because we played CAMBODIA. - your posts are honestly becoming more and more delusional by the day.

I know it's early to completely make a judgment call, but don't sit here and laugh at others, while make ridiculous claims yourself.

Comment

No need for calculating, even an 11 year old can point out that Wilmot’s tactical awareness is zero.

Comment

I agree. He seems way out of his depth. He also gives the same stupid press conference every single time, lacking in substance. He sounds like Trump.

I feel like he's taking us for a ride. God help us with qualification.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                LOL you're laughing at the other guy for making claims after 3 matches, and yet, so are you.
                More goals and more chances in 3 games than CQ had in 4 years? - SURE. Let's just ignore the fact that this is ONLY because we played CAMBODIA. - your posts are honestly becoming more and more delusional by the day.
                I know it's early to completely make a judgment call, but don't sit here and laugh at others, while make ridiculous claims yourself.
                Discussing statistics and numbers with someone who suffers from dyscalculia is pointless.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Too early to judge him. His strategy failed during Bahrain match, so did Queiroz one vs Lebanon in Beirut and Uzbek in Tehran!!

Iraq match is a decesive one both for him and TM.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

I feel like any conclusion I draw about Wilmots will be based more off of how I feel about him personally than what his actual results are.

I personally think that he is a bit too reclusive and timid to lead Team Melli. So as of now, personally I dont think he is fit for the job. Doesnt mean i withdraw my support for him or TM at all.

However, when analyzing his actual results, I am hoping that a large contributor to the shit show against Bahrain was the lack of a midfield since most of our players who would shine there were either injured or not available. Also I believe that Cambodia was a fluke. They are a minnow team who were overwhelmed at Azadi.

Lets see how the next few qualifiers go before we start jumping to serious conclusions.
                    #WilmotsOUT

Comment

In one game*, TM coached by Mayeli Kohan scored more goals (17-0 vs Maldives) than all 9 games played under Brango in all Asian Cup Games AND World Cup TM games combined.

So by your logic, I guess Mayeli Kohan >>>>>>>> Brango
                      Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                        Too early to judge him. His strategy failed during Bahrain match, so did Queiroz one vs Lebanon in Beirut and Uzbek in Tehran!!

Iraq match is a decesive one both for him and TM.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
                        Lets not forget Iran vs Turkmenistan in Dasoguz.

Comment

The worst and most worrying part is that his lack of tactics has created such a situation that our players are clueless both in attack and in defense. We are back where we were with Branko, only this time we don’t have individually gifted players like Karimi, Daei and Mahdavikia. Just rewatch any of our last games. Our players are completely clueless, they don’t know where to pass because there are no one to pass to, if they lose the ball there are no one close by to win it back, huge holes in our defense.. just watch the s.korea game again and compare with this latest game and you will start to see a pattern

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                            In one game*, TM coached by Mayeli Kohan scored more goals (17-0 vs Maldives) than all 9 games played under Brango in all Asian Cup Games AND World Cup TM games combined.

So by your logic, I guess Mayeli Kohan >>>>>>>> Brango
                            Focus.

Comment

8 years!

Comment

Working...
                              X