Wilmots Attacking Fotball: A FALSE!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilmots Attacking Fotball: A FALSE!!

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,488 Times in 1,000 Posts

Wilmots Attacking Fotball: A FALSE!!

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Since the appointment of Wilmots, we have been under the impression that we are playing an attacking style football. On paper it may seem like we will attack with more numbers but in fact when Wilmots claims that we will attack more what he actually means is that we will defend with less. Also we are attacking with less numbers compared to CQ era and even Brankos era.

CQ era: We played 4-1-2-2-1 also considered 4-3-3 holding. On defense every player played behind the ball and on attack, the 2 wingers and 2 center midfielders would join the lone striker making it 5 attacking players.

Branko era: We played 4-4-2 diamond. On defense 8 player would drop back and 2 strikers would stay up and on attack, the attacking midfielder and 2 winger would join the 2 strikers making it 5 attacking players.

Wilmots era: We are playing 4-2-2-2. On defense 6 players stay back and on attack the 2 attacking wingers plus 2 strikers are the only attacking players. making it 4 attacking players.

So in comparison:
    CQ team: 10 on Defense and 5 on attack
    Brankos team: 8 on Defense and 5 on attack
    Wilmots team 6 on Defense and 4 on attack.

Under Wilmots, not only do we attack in less numbers but we actually defend in less numbers than during both CQ and Brankos era. We have become more vulnerable on both sides of the pitch. This ladies and gentlemen is a recipe for disaster.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ali Doust For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    We've played three competitive games under Wilmots. Three.

Maybe have a cigarette?

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ABalls For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    ^^ lol not to mention have scored more and created more chances in the 3 games than we did with CQ in 4 years.

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,374 Times in 6,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooleh khers View Post
    ^^ lol not to mention have scored more and created more chances in the 3 games than we did with CQ in 4 years.
    Your post contained the numbers 3 and 4.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KC McElroy For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tooleh khers View Post
    LOL you're laughing at the other guy for making claims after 3 matches, and yet, so are you.

More goals and more chances in 3 games than CQ had in 4 years? - SURE. Let's just ignore the fact that this is ONLY because we played CAMBODIA. - your posts are honestly becoming more and more delusional by the day.

I know it's early to completely make a judgment call, but don't sit here and laugh at others, while make ridiculous claims yourself.

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sam20 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,223 Times in 8,619 Posts
    No need for calculating, even an 11 year old can point out that Wilmot’s tactical awareness is zero.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kiarash For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    I agree. He seems way out of his depth. He also gives the same stupid press conference every single time, lacking in substance. He sounds like Trump.

I feel like he's taking us for a ride. God help us with qualification.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saam For This Useful Post:

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,374 Times in 6,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sam20 View Post
    LOL you're laughing at the other guy for making claims after 3 matches, and yet, so are you.
    More goals and more chances in 3 games than CQ had in 4 years? - SURE. Let's just ignore the fact that this is ONLY because we played CAMBODIA. - your posts are honestly becoming more and more delusional by the day.
    I know it's early to completely make a judgment call, but don't sit here and laugh at others, while make ridiculous claims yourself.
    Discussing statistics and numbers with someone who suffers from dyscalculia is pointless.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,638 Times in 2,167 Posts
    Too early to judge him. His strategy failed during Bahrain match, so did Queiroz one vs Lebanon in Beirut and Uzbek in Tehran!!

Iraq match is a decesive one both for him and TM.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iran_19 For This Useful Post:

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    I feel like any conclusion I draw about Wilmots will be based more off of how I feel about him personally than what his actual results are.

I personally think that he is a bit too reclusive and timid to lead Team Melli. So as of now, personally I dont think he is fit for the job. Doesnt mean i withdraw my support for him or TM at all.

However, when analyzing his actual results, I am hoping that a large contributor to the shit show against Bahrain was the lack of a midfield since most of our players who would shine there were either injured or not available. Also I believe that Cambodia was a fluke. They are a minnow team who were overwhelmed at Azadi.

Lets see how the next few qualifiers go before we start jumping to serious conclusions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 171

You do not have permission to view the list of names.