My thoughts on the upcoming qualifier against Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
    He is not stupid, he knows losing to Iraq can be disaster for him and his career. He failed in Cote d'ivoire with such a talented squad. If he fails with TM, that is pretty much the end for him and his young coaching career.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
    Let’s hope so.
    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
      The away game against Iraq will by far be our most crucial qualifying game so far. The pressure is definitely on us, since we at least need a draw or a win in order to keep our chances alive in this group. So here's what I think:

Iraq will go all out in front of their own fans because that's what they usually do against us. In addition to that, they now got the home advantage. We haven't played in Basra as long as I can remember, so it will be on a very hostile and unknown ground for us. The game will be even tougher than the one in Manama, that's for sure. So the best scenario would be that we go into that game with a conservative defensive game plan, ideally two DM's covering for the defense. We can sit deep, and counter attack. With a tie, we would still have a good chance to progress since the remaining games will be at home.

My preferred line up against Iraq, with Dejagah as captain to lead the team and in order to prevent our boys from getting emotional:

Beiranvand
      Mohammadi - Pouraliganji - Hosseini - Moharrami
      Ebrahimi - Ezatolahi
      Dejagah
      Jahanbakhsh - Azmoun - Taremi

This would be the most suited team to take on a motivated Iraq side. With a combination of experienced players and youth, we can put a better performance than we did this week.

Your thoughts?
      my thoughts are you are right but we dont have a coach to implement this tactict and discipline... at best we will tie. I dont think we will reach the world cup and i predicted this as soon as cq was let go.. Just accept it as I have so it will be less painful
      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by arvin_guzoo View Post
        So that perfect penalty vs Portugal was taken by a unconfident bum right?

Please explain to me why you think Karim is a weak link? Is it due to his club? IMO he is a must start in TMs lineup where ever possible, preferably in MF or second striker role.

Agree with you with Hajisafi, for his amount of caps and experience his play needs to be much sharper.
        im sorry but nearly every time when the stakes are high in a match, or the whenever we play a high caliber, or a motivated and a resilient opponent (a la Iraq) Karim goes missing and looks lost on the pitch in sleep-walking mode...! his scoring ratio per game played for TM is the biggest teller (especially so vs Quality Opponents or in a Vital fixtures..!) i dont even know his stats there but i bet its miserable...!? his whole international career and mostly fail EU club ventures are a testament to that..!

he takes good penalties, i give him that, and his hustle-play and intangibles contributions (when pushed to wings or secondary striker role) has vastly improved since his early days in CQ TM and probably due to his intense desire and hard work to stay in EU leagues earlier..!?

sure, perhaps Start Karim, but only if he can be afforded a Free-roaming role, out on the wings only , but again only If ARJ still is in a funk? and/or excluded from call up list by WM yet again for some bs reason like being an EPL benchwarmer..!!?

biggest reason i wouldnt start Karim, is because he is Tactically-Kheeng ...!! It takes him way too long to adjust to new team tactical changes and recognize his role on the pitch and able to carry out what the coach wants from him..!!
        It took him Forever and more before he got a hang of CQ's tactical demands and finally started to not be just a lost ghost on the pitch and this vital Iraq clash in a hostile environment under a relatively new system of play isnt suited to his strength and abilities and i think starting Karim (especially as CF) would be a gross mistake and will likely lead to us playing pretty much a man short..!

Comment

CQ was Irans insurance to make the WC, when u kick him out, you have no mora insurance. Away game to Iraq will be insane intense

Comment

Expect more of the same strategy with Azmoun being surrounded by 3 Iraqi defenders rendering him unable to win headers.

Only solution is up the middle or actually decent service when they are light staffed at the back.

Comment

Karim has NEVER been a high quality player. Anybody who argues otherwise is living in dreamland. He has a good physique and hustle as bachelot said, but his intelligence and overall play as STRIKER leaves soooo much to be desired. He gets in great positions only to stumble on his own feet, too stressed out to make a desicion (think morocco match when he was played in and then neither crossed nor shot an amazing situation) as we saw multiple times vs bahrain when he was given great opportunities.

There is no reason for him to ever be on the TM pitch when we have Taremi and Azmoun, two legitimately quality CFs. These two need playmakers feeding them, not other CF taking their space. Karim adds nothing to playmaking, is a poor finisher and decision maker, but provides hustle. Just very few reasons for us to ever play him.

I agree with Kiarash that we really need to go with an experienced, but quality lineup this time. However, Ezatolahi is not in the physical or mental state to take on highly motivated iraqis. Nourollahi has been far more impressive recently and actually gave a spark vs bahrain. He deserves a start.

Dejagah if truly physically ready must start, but I doubt he will be. Also, ARJ will probably not be ready for such an intense and high stakes game if he has played ZERO minutes all season.

I would like :

-------------------------Beiranvand-----------------------

Moharrami------Pouraliganji-----Hosseini-------Milad

------------------------Ebrahimi------------------------
              ------------Nourollahi-------------Dejagah------

Gholizadeh-------------Azmoun--------------Taremi

Gholizadeh imo is very close to hitting form for charleroi, has beefed up a bit physically, and provides a totally extra dimension compared to the usually stale ARJ. He can be our wild card in basra.

Rezaeian, Hajsafi, Ansarifard should never touch the pitch for TM as far as im concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by shahin2000 View Post
                Playing ultra conservative is exactly the wrong tactic here. Since Iraq will be attacking, the best style would be to play an attacking style right back at them. Stop being so soft... If we are the #1 team in Asia, as some claim we are, we need to show them by playing an aggressive attacking style. I hope Wilmot is not listening to you guys and try to play the sissy bus packing in the box.
                did we play ultraconservative against Bahrain ?
                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                  did we play ultraconservative against Bahrain ?
                  No, just ultradisjointed

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
                    When is the Ghoddos ban over?
                    we need him badly, our attacking midfield have zero creativity, and we need him to come to replace karim, we need to play 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 what ever way we need 2 forwards, we need to feed azmoun balls, look at him in zenith he keep scoring cause they give him the ball

Comment

also for the iraq game dont be surprised if the iraqi fans boo iran national anthem again.

Comment

Saman is out of the picture so we need Gholi.
                        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                          also for the iraq game dont be surprised if the iraqi fans boo iran national anthem again.
                          We should bot care about these things, they happen everywhere in the world and when Bahrain comes to Iran it will happen to them too.

The game against Iraq will be hell for Iran from arriving to leaving, Iran needs the best preparation for the game....... some of our players are idiots 2 so the coaches better prepare them not to get a red card, especiall idiots like Azmoun

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                            Saman is out of the picture so we need Gholi.

Gholi was such a promising and gifted player, i am wondering what happen to him.

Comment

I agree regarding to Absarifard, he looked quite good at his beginning but 10 years in TM I can't remember any crucial goals he had scored, other than P. K vs Portugal.
                              I rather invest on some young forwards than keep inviting him.
                              My line up for the match vs Iraq is

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                                I agree regarding to Absarifard, he looked quite good at his beginning but 10 years in TM I can't remember any crucial goals he had scored, other than P. K vs Portugal.
                                I rather invest on some young forwards than keep inviting him.
                                My lind up for the match vs Iraq is

Your line up is invisible!

Comment

Working...
                                X