No announcement yet.

My thoughts on the upcoming qualifier against Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell Bashar Resan if he scores on Iran to find a new club.

Comment

Originally posted by shahin2000 View Post
      Playing ultra conservative is exactly the wrong tactic here. Since Iraq will be attacking, the best style would be to play an attacking style right back at them. Stop being so soft... If we are the #1 team in Asia, as some claim we are, we need to show them by playing an aggressive attacking style. I hope Wilmot is not listening to you guys and try to play the sissy bus packing in the box.
      Away games against tricky Arab teams (Bahrain, Iraq) are a different animal. Considering the situation we are in now, we need to play it strategical and aim for a tie. That said, taking away 1 point and gathering 12 more (hoping that we're going to win all remaining games) will for sure guarantee a spot to the next round. Going all out in Basra now would be suicide, regardless of our reputation as ''Asia's best team''. Football is contingent, you adjust to the current situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
        Away games against tricky Arab teams (Bahrain, Iraq) are a different animal. Considering the situation we are in now, we need to play it strategical and aim for a tie. Going all out in Basra would be suicide, regardless of our reputation as ''Asia's best team''. Football is contingent, you adjust to the current situation.
        I have never seen an Iranian team go for a tie and manage to do just that.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
          I have never seen an Iranian team go for a tie and manage to do just that.
          South Korea away, WCQ 2018.

Comment

South Korea away, WCQ 2018.
            *starting a game going for a tie.

We had a red card(Ezatolahi) in that game if you remember.

Comment

Originally posted by fairplay View Post
              Next two matches I believe is Nov. 14 and then Nov. 19
              really..!! damn

i thought we didnt play till next june..! ?
              that makes me even more nervous now..!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                Play the guys that are unphased by pressure. That's what matters.
                this
                composure, confidence and high energy play is a recipe for positive result in this match..!
                Anybody but Ansarifard

Amiri instead of HajSafi

badly needing a healthy enough Ashkan and probably even Ezzai in MF to control the tempo

a high energy more defensively stout and reassuring RB instead of Ramin, Moharami? or ?

hopefully a Fit and confident ARJ back into the mix.

absolutely no foolish risk of capping nor playing an unexperienced, newer player..!

similar defensive/CounterAttacking 4141 Team Tactics we deployed vs Argentina..!

Comment

The away game against Iraq will by far be our most crucial qualifying game so far. The pressure is definitely on us, since we at least need a draw or a win in order to keep our chances alive in this group. So here's what I think:
                  Iraq will go all out in front of their own fans because that's what they usually do against us. In addition to that, they now got the home advantage. We haven't played in Basra as long as I can remember, so it will be on a very hostile and unknown ground for us. The game will be even tougher than the one in Manama, that's for sure. So the best scenario would be that we go into that game with a conservative defensive game plan, ideally two DM's covering for the defense. We can sit deep, and counter attack. With a tie, we would still have a good chance to progress since the remaining games will be at home.
                  My preferred line up against Iraq, with Dejagah as captain to lead the team and in order to prevent our boys from getting emotional:
                  Beiranvand
                  Mohammadi - Pouraliganji - Hosseini - Moharrami
                  Ebrahimi - Ezatolahi
                  Dejagah
                  Jahanbakhsh - Azmoun - Taremi
                  This would be the most suited team to take on a motivated Iraq side. With a combination of experienced players and youth, we can put a better performance than we did this week.
                  Your thoughts?
                  I like this a lot in another thread I recommend this line up as well. Except maybe swapping MiMo and Moharammi so the play their positions🤣 and also instead of JB we start Gholi at first so we have more offensive fire power and then bring on JB since he’s physically and tactically really used to be a good High offensive and high defensive work rate player

Comment

Iran needs an experienced line up for this match. I like to see what Moharrami and Naderi can do but with emergency matter we probably will see pretty much our WC squad there.
                    Hope Dejagah recover, he is the only guy who can create something in CM.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                      this
                      composure, confidence and high energy play is a recipe for positive result in this match..!
                      Anybody but Ansarifard

Amiri instead of HajSafi

badly needing a healthy enough Ashkan and probably even Ezzai in MF to control the tempo

a high energy more defensively stout and reassuring RB instead of Ramin, Moharami? or ?

hopefully a Fit and confident ARJ back into the mix.

absolutely no foolish risk of capping nor playing an unexperienced, newer player..!

similar defensive/CounterAttacking 4141 Team Tactics we deployed vs Argentina..!

So that perfect penalty vs Portugal was taken by a unconfident bum right?

Please explain to me why you think Karim is a weak link? Is it due to his club? IMO he is a must start in TMs lineup where ever possible, preferably in MF or second striker role.

Agree with you with Hajisafi, for his amount of caps and experience his play needs to be much sharper.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                        Iran needs an experienced line up for this match. I like to see what Moharrami and Naderi can do but with emergency matter we probably will see pretty much our WC squad there.
                        Hope Dejagah recover, he is the only guy who can create something in CM.

Agreed but who I really miss the most right now is saman. Creativity, agility, overall flare up front he can cause tons of headaches. Shame he won’t be available for us until next year
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

If you read Wilmots interview after Cambodia game he said something like ”I won’t change my attacking approach even if we lose. If you look for an defensive coach i’am not.” If he really means that we won’t play conservative, thats for sure.
                          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

What worries me is the continued lack of dicipline and mental strength that the team demonstrated during Bahrain game.

Iraq will do everything it can to win, it is up to Iran team to stay focused and composed and avoid unprofessional behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                              If you read Wilmots interview after Cambodia game he said something like ”I won’t change my attacking approach even if we lose. If you look for an defensive coach i’am not.” If he really means that we won’t play conservative, thats for sure.
                              He is not stupid, he knows losing to Iraq can be disaster for him and his career. He failed in Cote d'ivoire with such a talented squad. If he fails with TM, that is pretty much the end for him and his young coaching career.

Comment

The big difference is in the weather sistem in Baghdad which is much better that Bahrain. So TM should feel much more comfortable in that sense and all they need is to concentrate on the game and win it.

Comment

Working...
                                X