My thoughts on the upcoming qualifier against Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
    I agree regarding to Absarifard, he looked quite good at his beginning but 10 years in TM I can't remember any crucial goals he had scored, other than P. K vs Portugal.
    I rather invest on some young forwards than keep inviting him.
    My lind up for the match vs Iraq is

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
    goal against North Korea in the Asian cup was arguably a big goal.
    Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
      Your line up is invisible!
      Haha dont know what happened lol
      Beiro
      Ghafouri, Kanani, PAG, Naderi
      Ebrahimi, Nourollahi
      Gholizadeh, Dejagah, Taremi
      Sardar
      If Dejagah is not fit, start JB and play Gholizadeh as CAM.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post
        goal against North Korea in the Asian cup was arguably a big goal.
        Yes, when was that? Stone age. Ghotbi time...

Comment

My line-up vs Iraq:

Beiranvand

Rezaeian Pouriganji Hosseini Naderi

Ebrahimi Ali Karimi Nourollahi

Gholizadeh Azmoun Taremi

Gholizadeh would have a free role in this formation where he can function as right winger and cam, with three defensive midfielders we will are alot more secure as we have to get at least 1 point from this crucial match!

With Gholizadeh, Taremi and Azmoun we will be deadly in counter attacks.

Comment

If wilmots drops Hajsafi in the next game then that would raise my hopes in his coaching abilities and ability to read the game, no doubt that penalty and goal for Bahrain should be directly attributed to our dear captain. But if he puts him back in the starting line-up then i would know we are doomed and are not going to make it to the WC - even if we dont fail in this round we would in the next without an astude coach.

So the lineup that Wilmots pick for the next game will tell us a lot about his abilities as a coach.

Comment

Once again, Iran should assume the worse so that there is no excuse! … hostile atmosphere, hot and humid weather, horrible accommodation, poisonous food, Islamic anthem mixed with Iraqi rap, tall and bumpy grass, dirty change rooms... then we need to see if this team is capable of playing like bunch of professional or not. No monkey business is needed. If Haji can't understand what it means to be the captain of the team. Get that band off his arm and put it on someone else who does.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                I have just watched Iraq recent games against Bahrain, Hong Kong and Kambodja; i am not impressed. They struggle to create clear chances and rely on crosses into the box and long range shots.
                In their away game against Bahrain, they got lucky wit the draw- we created much more chances against Bahrain in comparison. They seem to be very dangerous in the air so we should be focused in set pieces, corners etc., specially control "MiMo" otherwise they clearly lack creativity upfront.
                We are the better Team, with the better quality and players and should play for the win (although a draw would be fine too). From my point of view, we performed good against Bahrain (given the circumstances and bad luck with the penalty) since we were the better Team with more chances to score. Therefore i would choice an aggressive approach, my lineup:
                Beiranvand
                Ghafouri - Pouraliganji - Kanaani - Mohammadi
                Dejagah (c)- Ebrahimi- Nourollahi
                Karim
                Azmoun - Taremi
                Dont read too much into how Iraq plays against other teams, when they play Iran the lift a few notches and play out of their skins. In addition, it has been a while since they have played at home and have a point to prove to their fans. This game in Iraq is going to be the toughest game in the 1st round for Iran, i reckon way tougher than the one in Bahrain. We need to prepare well, tactically, physically and mentally for this game or it is going to be a disaster. Frankly after watching the 1st real game under Wilmots (forget HK & Cambodia) in Bahrain my hopes are not that high, especially with his 2nd half subs. keeping my fingers crossed though.

Comment

Iraq game is all or nothing for Iran after what happened in last match-day. Dejagah is not fit and Ezatolahi and Jahanbakhsh are not deserved to be called up.

Here is my line up:

Beiranvand, Rezaeian, Pouraliganji, Kanaani, Milad Mohammadi, Gholizadeh, Ebrahimi (C), Nourollahi, Mehrdad Mohammadi, Taremi, Azmoun

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                    I have just watched Iraq recent games against Bahrain, Hong Kong and Kambodja; i am not impressed. They struggle to create clear chances and rely on crosses into the box and long range shots.
                    In their away game against Bahrain, they got lucky wit the draw- we created much more chances against Bahrain in comparison. They seem to be very dangerous in the air so we should be focused in set pieces, corners etc., specially control "MiMo" otherwise they clearly lack creativity upfront.
                    We are the better Team, with the better quality and players and should play for the win (although a draw would be fine too). From my point of view, we performed good against Bahrain (given the circumstances and bad luck with the penalty) since we were the better Team with more chances to score. Therefore i would choice an aggressive approach, my lineup:
                    Beiranvand
                    Ghafouri - Pouraliganji - Kanaani - Mohammadi
                    Dejagah (c)- Ebrahimi- Nourollahi
                    Karim
                    Azmoun - Taremi
                    Parking the bus in Iraq is like suicide. Iran have to play with high patience, stay calm, and play for win. It is also a huge mistake to start with all these three players Taremi, Azmoun, Ansarifard for a game like this. Ansarifard must be on the bench. IMO he must be dropped from the squad in near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                      If wilmots drops Hajsafi in the next game then that would raise my hopes in his coaching abilities and ability to read the game, no doubt that penalty and goal for Bahrain should be directly attributed to our dear captain. But if he puts him back in the starting line-up then i would know we are doomed and are not going to make it to the WC - even if we dont fail in this round we would in the next without an astude coach.

So the lineup that Wilmots pick for the next game will tell us a lot about his abilities as a coach.
                      Almost everyone are with you here. In fact, Hajsafi should be retired even earlier than Shojaei. He absolutely brings nothing on the table. Also Ansarifard must not be a starter for more challenging games. IMO he should be dropped from the squad in near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
                        Almost everyone are with you here. In fact, Hajsafi should be retired even earlier than Shojaei. He absolutely brings nothing on the table. Also Ansarifard must not be a starter for more challenging games. IMO he should be dropped from the squad in near future.
                        Not only does he not bring anything to the table but he causes fatal damage to the team with his temperament and idiotic mistakes which led to the penalty. Such individual should not be near TM, let alone the captain.

He needs to be crossed off permanently.

Comment

#hajsafiout!

Comment

This is indeed going to be a tough match. The stadium in Basra will most probably be packed with 65.000 people who will try to create an intimidating atmosphere. Even if Iraq was not so impressive in their recent games, they will play for their lives against us. I still have no doubt that our boys can handle this, if it won't be for stupid mistakes, lack of temper or a SOB of a referee.

Comment

I had such a beautiful dream last night.

Iran beat Iraq 3-2 with Azmoun scoring the winner. The feeling though when you realize it was only a dream...

Comment

I reckon this is going to be our most crucial game in years.

Comment

Working...
                                X