Guardian Next Generation Annual List - Update on Iranians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guardian Next Generation Annual List - Update on Iranians

For the first time in five years - there is no Iranian on this year's Next Gen List: https://www.theguardian.com/football...world-football

Interestingly there is a Tajik and Uzbek. And I agree their youth football is really making progress! Soon they may start rivalling us more, especially Tajikistan (Uzbekistan has always been an "almost-there" national team for the world cup and I expect them to improve, though not as much as Tajikistan will)

Next Gen 2018: Allahyar Sayyadmanesh: https://www.theguardian.com/football...world-football

October 2019 update The forward joined Fenerbahçe in May and broke into the senior Iran national team.

Next Gen 2017: Mohammad Sharifi:
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...world-football

October 2019 update After a total of 39 first-team appearances for Esteghlal Khuzestan he has moved to Saipa FC in the top tier after his former team were relegated.

Next Gen 2016: Mohammad Soltani Mehr: https://www.theguardian.com/football...world-football

October 2019 update Was in and out of match-day squads during the 2018-19 season and started only four games in the league.

Next Gen 2015: Reza Shekari: https://www.theguardian.com/football...world-football

October 2019 update Left Rubin Kazan in the summer to head home to Iran and Tractor FC.

I just checked all the French layers who were listed by guardian since 2014... DAMN they just produce stars... No wonder they produce the best talents. I am just wonderin how they can produce this amount of talents every year! They can soon have 3 National Teams with Top players. Just WOW!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AllStarMomo View Post
      I just checked all the French layers who were listed by guardian since 2014... DAMN they just produce stars... No wonder they produce the best talents. I am just wonderin how they can produce this amount of talents every year! They can soon have 3 National Teams with Top players. Just WOW!
      The opposite of us!

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
        For the first time in five years - there is no Iranian on this year's Next Gen List:

For past few years our talented candidate came from Iran U16 team & WC U17 ( they all had PFDC thread for them ). Unfortunately two years ago Iranian U16 failed to qualify for Championship stage and lost WC U17. Bavieh was our candidate , main star and team Captain but he missed most important penalty kick that could have send Iran to championship round. Bavieh suffered and is not the same player. He has been invited to U19 but often has excuses. Not only Bavieh but Chamanian couch of U16 suffered and lost his job.Chamanian made several mistakes in selection of very young players confidence that they will overcome the challenge. PourMusavi took that U16 team and trying to avoid same mistake. In 3 weeks will see the result. From That U16 squad emerged Arya barzagar and few new players who now are part of their PGL team.

From that U16 team now Jalali is team C and along Musavian are member of Foulad senior team but not Bavieh. That one penalty changed everything for him and unfortunately his club did not help him. Hopefully he will overcome. Next week final list of u19 will be announced, and we shall see his status then.

Comment

Because they still kind of own half of Africa 😂

Comment

And none of the previous ones, yet take it to the next level. Youth system is a mystery in any sport, some progress some don't. Unfortunately for us from the list above Allahyar is probably our only hope.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Can you share the names of some of the French players mentioned?
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                Can you share the names of some of the French players mentioned?
                2014:

Ousmane Dembele - 100Mio -Barcelona
                Jean-Kevin Augustin - 16Mio - Monaco/RB Leipzig
                Maxime Baila Lopez - 15Mio - Marseille

2015:

Bilal Boutobba - 0,5Mio - Montpellier
                Dayot Upamecano - 40Mio - RB Leipzig
                Jeff Reine-Adelaide - 25Mio - Lyon
                Luca Fernandez - 1Mio - Santander

2016:

Malang Sarr - 18Mio - Nice
                Alban Lafont - 12Mio - Nantes

2017:

Yacine Adli - 5,5Mio - Bordeaux
                Amine Gouiri - 4,5Mio - Lyon

2018:

Rayan Ait Nouri - 6Mio - Angers
                Abdoulaye Dabo - 1Mio - Nantes
                Willem Geubbels - 10Mio - Monaco
                Loic Mbe Soh - 3Mio - PSG
                Khephren Thuram-Ulien - 1,5Mio - Nice
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

For past few years our talented candidate came from Iran U16 team & WC U17 ( they all had PFDC thread for them ). Unfortunately two years ago Iranian U16 failed to qualify for Championship stage and lost WC U17. Bavieh was our candidate , main star and team Captain but he missed most important penalty kick that could have send Iran to championship round. Bavieh suffered and is not the same player. He has been invited to U19 but often has excuses. Not only Bavieh but Chamanian couch of U16 suffered and lost his job.Chamanian made several mistakes in selection of very young players confidence that they will overcome the challenge. PourMusavi took that U16 team and trying to avoid same mistake. In 3 weeks will see the result. From That U16 squad emerged Arya barzagar and few new players who now are part of their PGL team.

From that U16 team now Jalali is team C and along Musavian are member of Foulad senior team but not Bavieh. That one penalty changed everything for him and unfortunately his club did not help him. Hopefully he will overcome. Next week final list of u19 will be announced, and we shall see his status then.

Bro don't tell me , tell Johnny Duerden. Much as some people on this site seem to despise him, he's been our only advocate in the big websites and broadsheets and has always hyped our players over the last two decades.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

2014:

Ousmane Dembele - 100Mio -Barcelona
                    Jean-Kevin Augustin - 16Mio - Monaco/RB Leipzig
                    Maxime Baila Lopez - 15Mio - Marseille

2015:

Bilal Boutobba - 0,5Mio - Montpellier
                    Dayot Upamecano - 40Mio - RB Leipzig
                    Jeff Reine-Adelaide - 25Mio - Lyon
                    Luca Fernandez - 1Mio - Santander

2016:

Malang Sarr - 18Mio - Nice
                    Alban Lafont - 12Mio - Nantes

2017:

Yacine Adli - 5,5Mio - Bordeaux
                    Amine Gouiri - 4,5Mio - Lyon

2018:

Rayan Ait Nouri - 6Mio - Angers
                    Abdoulaye Dabo - 1Mio - Nantes
                    Willem Geubbels - 10Mio - Monaco
                    Loic Mbe Soh - 3Mio - PSG
                    Khephren Thuram-Ulien - 1,5Mio - Nice
                    Yup they all sound French.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                      Yup they all sound French.
                      Lol... for real? They live in france and most of them have some african roots... but they were produced/trained by french clubs
                      sigpic

Comment

I be interested to see how this correlates with the Sanctions kicking in full gear in 2011. I reckon the less flow of money to the country definitely affected government spending in Youth sports, the results of which are now coming to the surface as those kids who were 8-12 years old at the time didn't get the same level of investment as let's say Sharifi or Shekari when they were 8-12 years old.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking things.

Comment

Lol... for real? They live in france and most of them have some african roots... but they were produced/trained by french clubs
                          Correct.

Comment

Working...
                          X