Iran lodges complaint against Bahrain over disrespecting national anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran lodges complaint against Bahrain over disrespecting national anthem

This is truly atrocious. (video in link below)

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/151286/...cting-national

National football teams of Iran and Bahrain held a match on Tuesday in the Matchday three of Group C of qualifiers for World Cup 2022 and AFC Asian Cup 2023. The match ended with a 1-0 victory for the host while Iranian players lost many chances and, as coach Marc Wilmot’s described it, were ‘punished’.

However, the match started with a controversial move by Bahraini fans and even a weirder reaction by Bahraini players on the pitch. As soon as Iran’s national anthem was played, fans started booing and making a lot of noise while Bahraini players laughed at the fan's action as a sign of approval.

Iranian football federation spokesman Amir Mahdi Alavi voiced deep regret over the issue, saying “Football Federation’s strong protest over this unmannerly behavior was filed and sent to the match supervisor and to the AFC and FIFA for further investigation.”

Also, Iran's Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs, Masoud Soltanifar said that “Bahraini fans and players’ insult to our national anthem is a gross violation of the FIFA and International Olympic Committee regulations and will follow up the case in international bodies.”

absolutely disgusting and animalistic behavior by both bahrain fans and players.

Comment

I'm obviously not supporting the Bahrainis for what they did, but we shouldn't be hypocrites and act as if other national teams are always welcomed and respected at Azadi. Example: Iran-Qatar three years ago. Watch from minute 21:00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsfzOijT7SA

On the other side, I hope the boys become even more motivated to beat them with a high number of goals when they play in Tehran next year. Also, let's hope that the stadium will be packed.

Comment

What classless animals.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

bahrain fans need to behave better, we have to behave better also, but we dont boo a national team

Comment

does Iran really think Arab-FC will take their side against arabs?

Comment

It reminds me of the time after a shooting incident where the crowd and Australian team were holding a moment of silence while the 8-0ers were dancing and prancing around on the field.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Some more details about how Bahrain Fans represent Arabic-Culture at its best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4zhfwUs8GI

Comment

I don't really see anything wrong with what their players did.... And the fans can boo all they want... What I am most disappointed about is that our players after listening to them boo our national anthem, weren't able to shut them up on the field... I am very very disappointed by that.
                  NEDA

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shah(SK)kia View Post
                    I don't really see anything wrong with what their players did.... And the fans can boo all they want... What I am most disappointed about is that our players after listening to them boo our national anthem, weren't able to shut them up on the field... I am very very disappointed by that.
                    We created enough chances to win this game. Anyways i think in Azadi we are going to smash them 4-0 or even 5-0.

Comment

Vahshi Iraqis are even worst, They still praise Saddam and have his pics all over their profiles,
                      The fact that the trash bahraini players were laughing when the trash fans were booing was beyond me,
                      Arabs and their supporters are our eternal enemies,
                      Last edited by Farhad21; 10-16-2019, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Forget about Bahrain, are there many countries who respect us and our national anthem???

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

A few drones and a couple or Crusies should silence these Morons!

Comment

To be fair, FIFA should fine Bahrain FA and warn them for further severe consequences if repeated in the future.

Hong Kong and Indonesia were fined for such similar incidents that occurred in September this year.
                            https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a9148856.html

On Social Media, many Iraqi and Saudi fans congratulated Bahraini fans on their win and have been insulting Iranian fans.

Let's hope Team Melli get their act together, put away their silly arguing with referee on the pitch and all swear to try their very best to defeat Iraq in their home turf just like what Daei, Bagheri, Karimi, Mahdavikia and co did back in 2001 in Baghdad.

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad21 View Post
                              Arabs and their supporters are our eternal enemies,
                              No they are NOT!! Just because there are some uneducated and unmannered idiots amongst them, doesn't mean that they are our eternal enemies. Ur statement is just as racist and uncalled for as the misbehaviour of some arabs. U don't asnwer racism with racism. We are way better than that, keep that in mind. On the other hand there are many arabs who support Iran and TM.

Comment

Working...
                              X