Post match discussion (Bahrain vs Iran)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OghabeAlborz View Post
    I agree with the first part of your post but I disagree with your advice and really Volleyball is not a good example to back up your opinion .

Some years ago we would be happy to win a set against Japan ,Korea or China and lose 3-1 now our volleyball can compete and beat the best in the world ! wrestling ,weight lifting ,karate,taekwondo ,Chinese arts we are world class .

Even with right attitude and coaching our football could put up a good fight against the likes of world and European champions Spain ,Portugal ,Argentina ,although we are not a world class football nation there is no reason why football can not follow the path of volleyball and basketball .

we are all pissed off with the loss yesterday ,but shit happens ,anyone can have a bad day . we have enough ability and strength to turn things around and perform well ,lets hope we do and usually when our lads get a kick in the nuts and cornered they bounce back and perform .
    About volleyball, it seems we reached a ceilling as we lose systematicly against the best since some years now. Sometimes we even lead 2/0 but we always end losing. And slowly we are losing to smaller teams like Egypt or Japan. Let's see the trend now. I am sorry for those who love these sports but weightlifting, Wrestling, etc.. are minor sports. We are yet to see major iranian athletes in bigger sports. Either we don't have the ability/talent or we have it but don't have the mental strength with it.

About football, that's not easy. The whole world is interacting with friendlies, exotic countries have legionnaires in the biggest league/clubs, etc... We are isolated and the worse of the worse in that we are stuck in a shith^le named AFC with the like of Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, etc.. (these soosk are a lot, cannot name them all) : weak, anonymous and full of Hashieh

Comment

I didn't watch the game. Did the Bahrainis grass roll like they did back in 2001? That was a shameful display of lack of sportsmanship. I hope this is a wake-up call for TM. They need to get their act together or we will dig ourselves a big hole. At a minimum a tie is needed in Iraq with TM clearly outplaying their opponent in order to gain confidence.
      We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by kasai View Post
        I didn't watch the game. Did the Bahrainis grass roll like they did back in 2001? That was a shameful display of lack of sportsmanship. I hope this is a wake-up call for TM. They need to get their act together or we will dig ourselves a big hole. At a minimum a tie is needed in Iraq with TM clearly outplaying their opponent in order to gain confidence.
        They tried to in a few sequences but the boys helped them up right away and surprisingly they didn’t continue on plus there ended up being 5 mins extra time 2nd half. BUT the did hold up the ball and take their sweet ass time when it came to set pieces,free kicks, and goal kicks, but surprisingly they kept attacking. This Bahrain Team wasn’t a bad one and they won the WAFF just recently along with AET exit in R16 of Asia Cup to South Korea so they’re quite tricky. I totally underestimated them and so did Team Melli and sadly that bit back on us. Off topic: Against Iraq I really hope we play this line up and hope that everyone’s fit and good to play
        4-3-3

Beiro
        Sadegh PAG Majid(Salimi) MiMo
        Ezzat Omid
        Ashkan
        Gholi Ghasem Jaffar Taremi
        Azmoun

Comment

Iran doesn't have the technical quality and discipline to play free flowing offensive football in tough games. Why is Wilmots so boldly pursuing this new "switch to offensive football"? Was this his mandate from IFF? CQ understood that results mattered above all else. A conservative strategy should have been deployed in this game. Instead, we played a 4-forward formation....yikes

The smart move by IFF would have been to find a CQ protege to carry on CQs work and (conservatively) add some offensive flair to the team. Not to uproot 8 years of work with an offensive minded coach. Anyway, some additional takes:

1) games in Bahrain have always been tough for us. To Wilmots's credit, we actually had 4-5 decent chances that we usually put in the back of the net. At the same time, Bahrain also had 2-3 heart-stopping moments (like the 1 on 1 with Beiranvand that Beiranvand saved).

2)my ego's not bruised by the fact that we lost to a rival, arab team. what troubles me is that we've clearly REGRESSED in discipline. The days of 90 minutes of focus, intensity and grit are apparently GONE. It's incredible to see. The players looked like they were strolling through the park in the last 15 minutes. 2010, is that you? The fighting with the ref was also absurd and embarrassing, but frankly this behavior started during the CQ era so I'm not going to fault Wilmots for that.

3) we all underestimated how incredibly difficult a group this was. Iraq and Bahrain are both in great form and can beat us on any day. Give Bahrain some credit, they played well. It's unfair to strip them of that, they play good football. Clearly they've rebounded back to their form of the early 2000s. This isn't the team we beat 6-0.

4) i HATE to say I told you say, but to all the jealous, misguided CQ haters - what do you have to say now? I haven't given up on Wilmots. He's just started his stint and if it weren't for a bone-headed Majid Hosseini play and some luck, we would have walked away with a tie. But if I were him, I'd cut the cute offensive tactics and revert back to the counterattacking style the boys are comfortable with. 14 goals against Cambodia don't mean much when we lose the next game to Bahrain.

All we can do now is look forward. We'll see how Wilmots reacts now that the pressure is on. Don't underestimate how stressed he is. After how his last coaching stint went, if Iran bows out before the final stage of qualifying for the first time in the last 30 years, it'll be devastating for his coaching career.

Comment

Originally posted by zahedika View Post
            Just got done watching the game for the third time!! At this point I am not mad but .
            I have no doubt that we will destroy these guys and Iraq. Looking at the game, we had chances that we usually finish, did not attack the ball and had defensive lapses that were unusual. The penalty was pretty soft, what you call an AFC special. As bad as our players were, this ref had a hell of a big chip on his tiny shoulders. The boys need to learn to keep their cool (when we act up we lose, remember Japan game) and do not allow the referees to decide the game against us. A sport psychologist and a real capitan would be helpful
            Say what you want about ARJ and Ezatollahi, but they are much better in their worst days than what we had on the field. Add them to this team and take out Ansarifard (he was terrible) and Hajsafi or Ebrahimi and this game would have been a different story. Add to this crowd Ghoddos and Torabi and the team is going to dominate any Gulf team.
            Chill, we have many good days ahead of us.
            BTW, I want to shoot the commentator (who ever he is, he is BAD).
            In the 2nd half i just killed the sound and watched the game in silence. That was better than hearing Khiabani's commentary. I just cant understand in a population of 80 Mill how come we cant find one decent commentator.

Our tactics were wrong, the Bahrainis stacked up the midfield and evey loose ball would fall to them. So many instances i saw all our 4 forwards all clustered at the top of the 18 yard box with no off the ball movement, that made it much easier for the bahrainis to defend the attacking plays. Even when we took the ball to the wings, either the cross was terrible or again the players were all together which crowded the area with defenders as well.

You have seen the games multiple times so tell me if my observation is correct to think that when we have had wave after wave of attack and were on top the iran coach make the first change? is that correct? What worried me was that the new coach did not react to the play on the field and his subs were sporadic and didnt seem to have a particular thought process behind it. Even at one time they put up to change Taremi and after the board went up they changed it. Seemed pretty confused to me. For me the coach earns his dough by the way he reads the game and makes changes on the fly to salvage or win games. Hope this is not the norm for the new coach but the exception.

Comment

Yadesh bekheir ye roozayee gheyrat dashtim....ye roozayee arabha nemikhandidan behemoon va mitarsidan...vaghean agar Yeki be párchame Keshvaram mikhandid hamchin jolosh bazi mikardam ke engar World Cup finale ....harche ghadram ke gol mizadam toopo migereftam fori mizashtam vasate zamin va bad parcham e iran o mizashtam hamoonja akhare bazii....heyf ke mamlekatemoon arab parast shode...

Comment

TM can't play an attacking style when we play with two defensive midfielders and Right and left back who can't send a simple cross and make combo play with their wingers. As o said before we suffer in CM and right and left backs.
                I would start Moharammi and Naderi in the next match.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Reply to multiple posts:
                  1. Bahrain players did not grass roll as much as I expected but used more refined delay tactics like taking their sweet time before a throw in or a goal kick.
                  2. I had no problem with the spacing of our forwards for the most part. The bunch up that you refer to seems to be a part of the wall passes or through passes that TM has been trying since Wilmots took over.
                  3. The passivity of our forwards in attacking the ball and the quality of some crosses got to me as well.
                  4. You are right in that during counters the flat lining of our forwards and spacing made it hard to get a clean pass through.
                  5. I don't think we had a strong bench this time around so the subpar subing was not a surprise (excluding Ezzatollahi, ARJ, Gholizadeh, Torabi and the kid from Lokomotiva was not smart and the absence of Dejagah and Ghoddos exacerbated the problem).
                  6. The pre game switch starting the young kid from Sepahan did not seem to work very well though.
                  7. Somebody has to tell Ramin to stop his flopping act, it is not helping the team.
                  8. The return of Dejagah, Ghoddos or playing Karimi will help the midfield and I would start Amiri over Hajsafi at MF anyday.
                  9. I intensely disliked Khiabani after the crap he tried to pull on CQ, but now I truly hate the ass monkey.

Comment

1 year ago, we beat Morocco. This week we lost to Bahrain. Let that sink in.

Casual fans called for a more attacking style when CQ wax in charge. Yes, attacking football is more fun. It's entertaining. It's the kind of game that people who watch one game every 2 years love to see, but at the end of the day, TM wins when they play strong defense. The kind of defense that frustrates their opponents.
                    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

We have some problems but i cant believe people are begging for CQ and talking about a great time we had, we even could have lost to Bahrain with CQ, Wilmots is new and we habe to see what happens.
                      I somehow dislike some things, like bringing in Amiri ( for what ?) and also some choices he does but Wilmots is bot responsible for players who cant cross , players who discuss with the ref and risk a red car instead of fighting the ladt min ....
                      Overall i think someone else choses the players or Wilmots really doesnt know his team yet .....

Comment

wtf are 14 goals worth when you cant score ONE next game?

That was the laziest team melli display ever

Comment

Hot humid weather of Bahrain plus the dirthy environment that they creat is enough to frestrate any team. I believe TM was not prepared for the above mentioned circumstances. Also, If we bit Bahrain in Tehran by at least two goals we will be the winner anyways.

Comment

Dar Basra dige basse AZEMAAYESH kardan:

JB dar baale raast, Noorollahi ya Ezatolahi (agar dar form baashe) be jaaye Hajisafi, Kaveh be jaaye Ansarifard, PAG dar khate defai, Moharrami daste kam dar fehreste team. Bargashte Gholizadeh hadde aghal rooye nimkat baraye bazi kardane 30 daghighe.

YEK taktike MOTEADEL ke faza miyoone khate defai va khate miyoone ra kam kone.

100% tamarkoz va angize va KHAAYEH va JELOGIRI az bazie EHASASAATI.

In baazi neshoon mide agar Wilmots tanha khalibande ya yek morrabbi ke bedoone Hazard o Mertens o De Bruyne mitone yek team raa pas az yek

shekaste zesht boland kone.
                            DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

You guys remember when Iran lost to Lebanon 1-0 during WCQ and most were calling for CQ's head? This stuff happens. Except this time, we were playing in awful conditions and a hostile environment.

Unfortunately we just weren't lucky. Multiple chances for us didn't go our way. They got a fair penalty call off a defensive lapse and took the game. That's football sometimes.

Others pointed out very well that we CANNOT be hostile toward the referees. This does absolutely nothing for your team. In fact, it makes the referee more likely to make calls against you. Why is this so hard for Iranian players to understand? Wilmots needs to be on top of this ASAP.

Hopefully we will beat Iraq in Basra. Like another person mentioned Wilmots should be calling up CQ for advice because this match will be tougher, but if we have some luck that goes our way we should be able to pull off a win or atleast a draw, which wouldn't be a bad result at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                                You guys remember when Iran lost to Lebanon 1-0 during WCQ and most were calling for CQ's head? This stuff happens. Except this time, we were playing in awful conditions and a hostile environment.
                                Unfortunately we just weren't lucky. Multiple chances for us didn't go our way. They got a fair penalty call off a defensive lapse and took the game. That's football sometimes.
                                Others pointed out very well that we CANNOT be hostile toward the referees. This does absolutely nothing for your team. In fact, it makes the referee more likely to make calls against you. Why is this so hard for Iranian players to understand? Wilmots needs to be on top of this ASAP.
                                Hopefully we will beat Iraq in Basra. Like another person mentioned Wilmots should be calling up CQ for advice because this match will be tougher, but if we have some luck that goes our way we should be able to pull off a win or atleast a draw, which wouldn't be a bad result at all.
                                There's a difference between losing in the last round of WCQ when you can qualify if you finish in the in the top two positions, and our current scenario.

Our current scenario is that we are at the risk of elimination not even in the final round of WCQ.

Plus, before that Match, CQ gave us reason to have hope since his team played somewhat of a coherent styled of Football. So far Wilmots has yet to show that he can deploy proper tactics. Even in the 14-0 blowout of Cambodia, there wasn't really a coherent styled play... it was more like just physically dominate the Cambodians, and then play goal-koocheeck football.

Comment

Working...
                                X