No announcement yet.

Post match discussion (Bahrain vs Iran)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparing the current team and infrastructure that CQ had handed to Wilmots and his staff to the team and the infrastructure that was handed over to CQ when he became a coach is baseless.
    Plus Wilmots should have not kept quite when there was no camp and friendly "in the spirit of cooperating with clubs", the clubs have achieved nothing.
    I am sorry, but we are slowly starting to see team loosing the discipline and composure that had become part of team's DNA because of the idea of playing beautiful attacking football. Hopefully they enjoyed the beautiful football last night.
    The Iraq game would probably be another disaster...

Comment

Originally posted by theworldgamer View Post
      Comparing the current team and infrastructure that CQ had handed to Wilmots and his staff to the team and the infrastructure that was handed over to CQ when he became a coach is baseless.
      Plus Wilmots should have not kept quite when there was no camp and friendly "in the spirit of cooperating with clubs", the clubs have achieved nothing.
      I am sorry, but we are slowly starting to see team loosing the discipline and composure that had become part of team's DNA because of the idea of playing beautiful attacking football. Hopefully they enjoyed the beautiful football last night.
      The Iraq game would probably be another disaster...
      For a team aiming to progress in the last 16 of a world cup, we completely missed the turn after the last two WC : with the performance we showed there we should have more legionnaires and in better league/clubs (or at least that suits our players). We can bash our players choices, bad luck (injuries, suspension..), santions and euro clubs snubs but let's face the reality : Except Sardar (and he could have a better career), all our players and playing in subpar league and clubs : IPL, QSL, 2 rate Euro league/clubs.

We will acheive nothing with such situation

Comment

Man ta be hal az Wilmots tanha yek shiveye ASKHKAAR dar faaze hamlei dideam:

Say kardan ba paskaarie yei-dota jelooye 18-ghadame harif mogheiyaat ijad kone.

Mamolan in yeki-dota miyaane Taremi-Azmoun-Karim shekl migire.

Masale ine ke na in 3-bazikon dar in yeki-dota hamahang bodan, na yek baazisaazi az posht beheshoon toop mide ta betonan in

karhaa raa bishtar anjam bedan.

Baraye in goone shiveye hamlei niyaaz be yek bazikone HOOSHMAND manande Askhan darim ke betonim az aghab toop ra be khobi
        be forwardhaa pakhsh kone.

Be har haal man Kaveh Rezaie raa dar Charleroi amadeh mibinam va yek bazikonie ke dar faaze DARYAFTI besyaar mofide,
        va omidvaram ta yek maahe digar Gholizadeh ham dar form khahad bood.
        DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

havent updated myself since yesterday, what has the players said? any excuses?

Comment

Simple analys we had the game in our hands then Hajsafi made 1-2-3 mistakes in a row. I think Hosseini Also is a liability in Defense. Still Manny games to play. Stay Calm and support the team and the coach.

Comment

Wilmots, Vahid, et-al will be able to show what they are made of by bouncing back from this defeat. This could only happen if they realize key mistakes that were made yesterday:

1- TM did not have any attacking mid fielders. Omid and Hajsafi were unable to feed Sardar and others and if the idea was for Karim, Taremi and Moehbbi to do that, they were playing mostly in the offensive third and were unable to do that. Noorolahi and even Shojaee could do a better job at that as it was demonstrated by the latter when he entered the game.

2- Defensively, Majid is now emerging as a vulnerability in giving penalties. He did it against Oman too. He also does dangerous tackles and could have been red carded yesterday. I admire him and think he is a very strong CB but he needs to address these issues to be the CB we all stand for him to be. Our defense in general, has started to look more vulnerable and the issues needs to be addressed.

3- Wilmots and Vahid need a sports psychologist to teach every member of the team about emotional intelligence on and off the pitch. It is truely alarming when our captain (Hajsafi) behaves in such an immature way towards the ref. We are experts in antagonizing the ref from the start. Faghani said multiple times that in the WC 2018 and other occasions his foreign colleagues have always said to him the TM has the worst manners. It is sad that people on this forum get excited about all the Russian profanity that Sardar supposedly used against the ref. There was no mature teammate to grab him and move him away from the ref like what happened at his club match. He was lucky he was not red carded. This issue needs to be addressed with urgency it deserves.

All is not lost but a loss in Basra could dramatically increase the chance of TM elimination at this stage. Wilmots et-al need to lead the team to a comeback in Basra.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                For a team aiming to progress in the last 16 of a world cup, we completely missed the turn after the last two WC : with the performance we showed there we should have more legionnaires and in better league/clubs (or at least that suits our players). We can bash our players choices, bad luck (injuries, suspension..), santions and euro clubs snubs but let's face the reality : Except Sardar (and he could have a better career), all our players and playing in subpar league and clubs : IPL, QSL, 2 rate Euro league/clubs.
                We will acheive nothing with such situation
                6 of yesterday’s 11 play in Iran/Qatar. And so we end up with football of that quality. rezaeian’s team is in LAST place in QATAR with a SINGLE point from 6 games. Ansarifard in 8th place (out of 12 teams). These guys are not improving as footballers in that shit league to be invited as team melli starters. Same with Iran. Why do we need 3 Tractor players in the list? Two of them semi-retired and the third can fuck off after his performance yesterday.

Comment

We need a win in Basra to redeem ourselves. Its a tough task but thats what it will take.
                  "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Did anyone else find the substitution mix up a bit embarrassing?

Vahid Amiri was going to go on for Taremi. When the ref assistant put up the board displaying the numbers, not only did Taremi have a confused look on his face, but im sure all TM fans collectively were like WTF?!

Then only seconds later the ref assistant puts the board back down calls it off as Wilmots changes his mind and Ansarifard is subbed out instead.
                    #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
                      Did anyone else find the substitution mix up a bit embarrassing?

Vahid Amiri was going to go on for Taremi. When the ref assistant put up the board displaying the numbers, not only did Taremi have a confused look on his face, but im sure all TM fans collectively were like WTF?!

Then only seconds later the ref assistant puts the board back down calls it off as Wilmots changes his mind and Ansarifard is subbed out instead.
                      I think the assistant got it wrong putting 17 up for sub ,and the annoyed looking wilmot turned to the bench saying loudly it is a mistake , Ansarifar was the definite candidate to be subbed out .

Comment

My 2 cents:

1- Now we know why CQ was constantly fighting with IFF regarding preparations, friendlies, facilities, etc. This team, with a new coach, had no real preparations, friendlies, etc. The only "friendly" was against Cambodia that looked like a high school team. I would bet that even the logistics of travel, hotel stay, etc, etc, were not optimal. This is something that CQ insisted on to make sure the players were ready.

2- Team discipline was non-existent. Another CQ legacy that seems to have vanished overnight. Everybody was doing their own thing. Not the fault of the players. These are pretty much the same players that CQ had organized into a very disciplined side.

3- Wilmots is still new, but a loss in Iraq and things will become very difficult, very quickly. He needs to figure things out fast. If I were Wilmots, I would call CQ to pick his brains. There is no one, even few months after he left, that knows Iranian Soccer, its potential and its problems, as well as CQ.

4- I hope the vultures that are always circling TM looking for feasting on a dead body, can be held at bay for a while. Otherwise, we will see the likes of Derakhshan et al, come out of the woodwork and weaken the team even further. There is always a chance that the fired Brangoh looks at all of this and starts scheming to get back to Iran.

5- We seem to be firmly back to the land of ifs and buts to have a chance at advancing. I cannot recall the last time we lost to an Arab team. But here we are. Whats even more disturbing is that Bahrain actually looked good against TM. This should never happen again.

I hope the players and coaches can pick themselves up and understand the urgency of their situation.
                        Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                          My 2 cents:

1- Now we know why CQ was constantly fighting with IFF regarding preparations, friendlies, facilities, etc. This team, with a new coach, had no real preparations, friendlies, etc. The only "friendly" was against Cambodia that looked like a high school team. I would bet that even the logistics of travel, hotel stay, etc, etc, were not optimal. This is something that CQ insisted on to make sure the players were ready.

2- Team discipline was non-existent. Another CQ legacy that seems to have vanished overnight. Everybody was doing their own thing. Not the fault of the players. These are pretty much the same players that CQ had organized into a very disciplined side.

3- Wilmots is still new, but a loss in Iraq and things will become very difficult, very quickly. He needs to figure things out fast. If I were Wilmots, I would call CQ to pick his brains. There is no one, even few months after he left, that knows Iranian Soccer, its potential and its problems, as well as CQ.

4- I hope the vultures that are always circling TM looking for feasting on a dead body, can be held at bay for a while. Otherwise, we will see the likes of Derakhshan et al, come out of the woodwork and weaken the team even further. There is always a chance that the fired Brangoh looks at all of this and starts scheming to get back to Iran.

5- We seem to be firmly back to the land of ifs and buts to have a chance at advancing. I cannot recall the last time we lost to an Arab team. But here we are. Whats even more disturbing is that Bahrain actually looked good against TM. This should never happen again.

I hope the players and coaches can pick themselves up and understand the urgency of their situation.
                          TM had a charter flight to and from Bahrain.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                            this loss isn't understandable. We have a better league, better player, better legionnaires, better head coach.. that Bahrain, yet we lost again against this terrible "team".

The sanctions and lack of friendlies isn't an excuse. We played Syria and SK in June, we played WCQ games since september. Of course, it was predictable that our team would underestimate Bahrain after our wonderful 14/0 win against world class Cambodia. Rezaeian and the like thought they suddenly became CR7 and Germany.

Seeing how our mental is so weak in every sport (football, volleyball), I advice iranians to stop aiming to become high level sportsmen and keep on becoming engineers, doctors... (unfortunately for western countries).
                            I agree with the first part of your post but I disagree with your advice and really Volleyball is not a good example to back up your opinion .

Some years ago we would be happy to win a set against Japan ,Korea or China and lose 3-1 now our volleyball can compete and beat the best in the world ! wrestling ,weight lifting ,karate,taekwondo ,Chinese arts we are world class .

Even with right attitude and coaching our football could put up a good fight against the likes of world and European champions Spain ,Portugal ,Argentina ,although we are not a world class football nation there is no reason why football can not follow the path of volleyball and basketball .

we are all pissed off with the loss yesterday ,but shit happens ,anyone can have a bad day . we have enough ability and strength to turn things around and perform well ,lets hope we do and usually when our lads get a kick in the nuts and cornered they bounce back and perform .

Comment

TM was yesterday the better Team, creating more scoring chances but lacking the necessary precision. Dont forget that TM played a strong Team on their soil, in an hostile environment and high humidity. We never defeated Bahrain in Maname and even under CQ we were only able to draw them with a last minute goal.

Comment

Just got done watching the game for the third time!! At this point I am not mad but .
                                I have no doubt that we will destroy these guys and Iraq. Looking at the game, we had chances that we usually finish, did not attack the ball and had defensive lapses that were unusual. The penalty was pretty soft, what you call an AFC special. As bad as our players were, this ref had a hell of a big chip on his tiny shoulders. The boys need to learn to keep their cool (when we act up we lose, remember Japan game) and do not allow the referees to decide the game against us. A sport psychologist and a real capitan would be helpful
                                Say what you want about ARJ and Ezatollahi, but they are much better in their worst days than what we had on the field. Add them to this team and take out Ansarifard (he was terrible) and Hajsafi or Ebrahimi and this game would have been a different story. Add to this crowd Ghoddos and Torabi and the team is going to dominate any Gulf team.
                                Chill, we have many good days ahead of us.
                                BTW, I want to shoot the commentator (who ever he is, he is BAD).

Comment

Working...
                                X