No announcement yet.

Post match discussion (Bahrain vs Iran)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife says we lost because of bad karma!!! Beating poor Cambodia 14-0, now we are humbled by lowly Bahrain!
    She might have a point there.....Kamboj Karma...

I must say I really missed our rock solid defence with CQ. How many times did our defence get penetrated by them?

Comment

I hope we can try this next match. Sub Gholizadeh, Masoud and Mehrdad Mohammadi during the game . I dont want to see Ansarifard or Vahid amiri in next game.

Beiranvand
      Ramin PAG Hosseini Milad
      Ezzatollahi Omid
      Jahanbakhsh Dejagah Taremi
      Azmoun

Comment

Not sure if anyone noticed, but we literally got CQ’ed. Bahrain’s coach is a former assistant of CQ and he used CQ-like tactics to get a result against us.

Now you tell me, “modern” attacking football or results?

Comment

I really question Wilmot's player selection. This is a world cup qualification game so not a platform for experimenting with Mohebi as right forward. Jahanbakhsh should've been called up due to his vast experience, and the same goes for Ezatolahi and Golizadeh as well as Torabi. Ghoddos will hopefully be back after a few months as we really need him. Also i'm not keen on Kanaani, why wasn't Pouraliganji playing? Without him our defense is really shaky, he forms a solid duo with Hosseini.

Andarifard is not suited for CAM, Shekari should've been called up or Dejagah should've started.

Comment

For the next game i hope to see this formation if everybody is fit:

Beiranvand

Moharami Hosseini Pouraliganji Naderi

Ezatolahi Dejagah Ebrahimi

Gholizadeh Azmoun Taremi

Comment

I will try to be objective

1)Wilmots is no Carlos but we need to give him time. Remember we barely qualified the first time around with carlos against s.korea in the last game and we srtuggled against arab teams the first time carlos was our coach. Don’t get me wrong I wish we still had Carlos until he would retire but niw we have Wilmots and we have to give him more time
              2) stop bashing our players. Hajsafi has played well for us for a very long time and he is still tm material but he needs to keep his cool especially being the captain. Masoud could have helped us with his passing and technical skill. Karim has improved immensely after he went to Europe and is a solid option still.
              3) mohebi will improve with time. He needs to gain more experience
              4) kanaani, majid, milad and ramin were all pretty good. No reason to change the back line. I do prefer paj over majid though.
              5) where were JB, gholizade and ezzaatollahi?
              I know ashkan was hurt and saman is suspended.
              5) omid azmoun and taremi were solid.
              6) sometimes the better team doesn’t win thats how the game goes. Let’s not overreact and move on from this game and learn from the mistakes. We had chances this game but didn’t make the most of it.
              7) biggest flaw was the distance between our lines. I hope this gets fixed. Too much distance between our midfield and forward line.
              8) amiri sub was great. Mehrdad and nourollahi were also good but amiri changed the game. Too bad the result didn’t change.

Overall a boring game in a hot hostile environment with a bad result.
              I want to see better flow and spacing between our lines and bring jb ezzat and gholi

Comment

Im sorry but this Mohebi kid is way out of his element. To not invite players from major European leagues for a kid that has zero international experience at any level was the wrong choice. Atleast M.Mohammadi should have been starting. This kid needs to go back to his club and prove himself at a M.Taremi level to kake it back otherwise I dont rate him hogher than Mehdi Sharifi who became hype for half a season.
                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by vatanparast View Post
                  1)Wilmots is no Carlos but we need to give him time. Remember we barely qualified the first time around with carlos against s.korea in the last game and we srtuggled against arab teams the first time carlos was our coach. Don’t get me wrong I wish we still had Carlos until he would retire but niw we have Wilmots and we have to give him more time
                  The problem is that we got the toughest group in this round compare to other teams and the margin of error is really tiny now. The next game became very important for us now. It is do or die for us unlike Iraq based on the current status of the group. At the moment, all I worry about is the next game. Do we stand any chance in the next game?

Comment

Originally posted by vatanparast View Post
                    2) stop bashing our players. Hajsafi has played well for us for a very long time and he is still tm material but he needs to keep his cool especially being the captain. Masoud could have helped us with his passing and technical skill. Karim has improved immensely after he went to Europe and is a solid option still.
                    3) mohebi will improve with time. He needs to gain more experience
                    4) kanaani, majid, milad and ramin were all pretty good. No reason to change the back line. I do prefer paj over majid though.
                    5) where were JB, gholizade and ezzaatollahi?
                    I know ashkan was hurt and saman is suspended.
                    5) omid azmoun and taremi were solid.
                    6) sometimes the better team doesn’t win thats how the game goes. Let’s not overreact and move on from this game and learn from the mistakes. We had chances this game but didn’t make the most of it.
                    7) biggest flaw was the distance between our lines. I hope this gets fixed. Too much distance between our midfield and forward line.
                    8) amiri sub was great. Mehrdad and nourollahi were also good but amiri changed the game. Too bad the result didn’t change.

Overall a boring game in a hot hostile environment with a bad result.
                    I want to see better flow and spacing between our lines and bring jb ezzat and gholi
                    Very good points. Thank you for listing them very nicely. Here are some additional points from me.

1. Some of the players need to learn to keep their cool and focus on their own tasks instead of arguing with the referee. Sadly there are too many players like that such as Azmoun, Haji Safi, Ezatollahi, Pouraliganji, Majid Hosseini. Even in the past, at times Shojaei, Dejagah and Ghoddos behaved like that.

2. Every game is different and every player/coach/referee is a human being. No one is perfect and humans do make mistakes.

3. There are far too many new players in the squad at the moment. Not all players have gelled well and it takes time for the players to get to know one another and adjust their playing styles to suit the Team's game plans.

4. Post World Cup 2018, it seems that many of our defensive players loose focus and momentum in games. We have witnessed clumsiness by likes of Majid Hosseini and Pouraliganji more than others. In the past also by Ezzatolahi and few other players.

5. Some of our players have had very little game time at club level that has led to their absence from Team Melli or very few minutes on the pitch. The likes of Shoajei, Dejagah and Jahanbakhsh. In the case of Dejagah and Jahanbakhsh it would be best for them to move to Belgian or Dutch or Portuguese Leagues to ensure they get adequate game time.

Comment

we were very very poor, we should have goten a peanlty but we played bad. wilmots need to do something about this team

Comment

My 2 cents are not gonna be different than already mentioned here, I agree with most comments.

Beiro would make a great captain I think!

---

This non stop arguing with referees must stop! We have never been like that till just 6-7 years ago. Before we had more discipline towards officials, now everyone thinks he can show off his English language skills in debating with refs for what? Ref made a decision - and it never happened in the history of the game that a player reverted that decision - move on, save the game! These non stop arguments with officials are too much! IFF must now take action and have a set of internal rules towards players! It will bite us back n future if we leave these things as they are now!

---

Rather a loss now at this stage than later, Wilmots has some work to do, and he will.
                        Next game vs Iraq will be even tougher!
                        Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 10-15-2019, 09:14 PM.
                        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

I, for one, can’t wait for the Iraq match. The boys now have something to prove, as does Wilmots. All for TM!

Comment

Playing four forwards and two midfielders was an absolutely stupid idea by wilmots.

We should have started with nourollahi in midfield and with ansarifard on the bench.

Also mehrdad or someone more experienced for mohebi.

We had no control of the game or midfield because of this poor tactical choice, and it seemed like the four forwards were taking up eachothers space.

Wilmots will need to make major changes.

I’m also very confused by majid Hosseini.

I watch the majority of his games in turkey and he doesn’t commit these fouls leading to PKs for his team.

Not sure if he gets too nervous when he plays for TM?

He’s a very good center back but he has made the occasional bad challenge out of desperation.

Hajsafi was horrible and Mohammadi and Ramin can’t hit a quality cross into the box even if their life depended on it.

No wonder he’s getting benched at gent.

Kaanani was good.

Hajsafi and Ansarifard were REALLY bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Very disappointing result , I had not seen team melli play so clueless for a long time , no play maker and a leader .our captain who should be leading by example was his usual nervous wreck who transferred his nerveous attitude to his team mates ,gave away a foul and got himself in a frenzy with the ref and then lost his footing and gave away the ball that ended as a penalty kick for opponent.
                              Karim Ansarifar was terrible , he played with a mindset of a 20 year old with no composure ,as much as I like him he was awful ,he could have played Azmoon in the first few minutes with a square ball and put him right in front of the keeper but instead he went for glory and top corner and missed poorly ,these are the the opportunities you got to make a most of in a tight game in a terrible atmosphere ,had we scored the first goal early it would have been a totally different game.
                              A fit Ashkan Dejagah was terribly missed in this game , I am sure with him around in midfield it would have been a game heavily in our favour .
                              Our forwards seemed to be a bit big headed ,young Mohebbi was mentally not ready for a game like this .
                              our midfield was absent and defence line looked shaky .
                              time to seat back and leak our wounds and rethink our strategies and realise it is never gonna be a walk over in any game and forget the 14-0 ,play as a team again and not individuals trying to score for ourselves ,it is team work and sacrifice that pays off .
                              Referee was too lenient to Bahraini tugs who chopped our players from behind with elbows and kicks but was quick to yellow card Hajsafi for a much less because of theatrical of the Bahraini clown ,shit weather with shit referee and our own shitty game plan and the result is a terrible loss for us.

Comment

this loss isn't understandable. We have a better league, better player, better legionnaires, better head coach.. that Bahrain, yet we lost again against this terrible "team".

The sanctions and lack of friendlies isn't an excuse. We played Syria and SK in June, we played WCQ games since september. Of course, it was predictable that our team would underestimate Bahrain after our wonderful 14/0 win against world class Cambodia. Rezaeian and the like thought they suddenly became CR7 and Germany.

Seeing how our mental is so weak in every sport (football, volleyball), I advice iranians to stop aiming to become high level sportsmen and keep on becoming engineers, doctors... (unfortunately for western countries).

Comment

Working...
                                X