Post match discussion (Bahrain vs Iran)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a tradition of having a post match discussion thread. Everyone is so upset that we seem to have forgotten to start such a thread. Looking forward to your posts.
    =======
    was surprised when I saw the line up with Mohebi?? It's one thing to put him against Cambodia when TM had already scored 10 or 11 goals, but to have in starting 11 and in an away game against Bahrain? Mohebi should have perhaps been subbed by the end of second half rather than starting the game. The coach was going for a big win, hopefully this will be the end of such experiments. I don't have anything against Mohebi but he needs to gain experience first rather than being the experiment.

As for Hajsafi, I saw this post from Martin Reza on Twitter, as always Martin doesn't disappoint with his analysis;
    "Late tackle Hajsafi yellow, bad turnover Hajsafi immediately afterwards and bad challenge Hosseini. 3 mistakes, goal conceded....."Hajsafi becoming more and more of a question mark. Weakpoint in the semifinal loss vs Japan and now again weak and with the decisive turnover leading to the goal. Just like in AC he again went fighting with the ref rather than concentrating on the game shortly before conceding".

Hajsafi, disappointed me in the Asian Cup, despite the team making it to the semis. And in today's game he showed he doesn't deserve the captain's armband and perhaps not even the TM jersey. It's time for him to slowly give space to other players, thank you Hajsafi for all these years.

At this point it may be too late to change coach, I blame IFF. Coach needed bunch of challenging friendlies before the start of qualification games. Wilmots must also invite our legionaries, we cannot rely on unproven, inexperienced players nor men like Hajsafi. Now, we can only hope that he proves us wrong.

Also if you are not following Martin Reza on Twitter, here is the link;

https://twitter.com/MartinReza59/sta...909585922?s=19

Comment

Bringing in a guy like Amiri who has zero playmaking skills was a huge mistake. We actually needed Masoud in that second half to send thew balls. Clearly the long balls were not working nor was the crosses. we needed to open the game through the middle and thats were Masoud wouldve been ideal for us.
      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Hajsafi was always overrated, not any surprise here.
        The reality is our league sucks and we have not much alternative in CM positionas we do on wingers.
        RB, LB and CM is something Wilmots need to work on as Ebrahimi getting old, Hajsafi is useless, same as Ramin and Milad.
        Give Miharrami and Naderi a chance, they won't be worst than Ramin and Milad.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Bahrain vs Azerbaijan in Riffa 2-3 we could maybe learn a few things from
          Azeri brothers😂😂🤔😂🤔🤣

Comment

Highly dissapointed in our players and mainly Wilmots. We are the only Asian top side who lost their game this match day. Now we put the stress on us unnecessary. Iraq isn’t going to be an easy game either.

Going forward, we absolutely need to get rid of liability named Hajsafi. As a LB, he sucked majorly. Now he is also a disaster as a CM. And Ansarifard has literally no business in tougher games like this, some hattrick against Cambodian amateurs doesn’t mean a thing.

Against Iraq, I’d like to see this MF and FW:

Ebrahimi - Ezatolahi
            Dejagah
            Jahanbakhsh / Gholizadeh - Azmoun - Taremi

At least but not last, I’ll make these game threads again.

Comment

Sardar got lucky to not get a red, when we stop harassing referees? One day we pay a big price for.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Bahrani player named Ehsan Hajisafi passes to Sayad Sayeed who then crosses inside the box to Mahdi Al-Humaidan who wins the penalty after being fouled by Hosseini.

http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=77209

(@ 3:48 of the video you can see the beautiful assist by Hajisafi that secured Bahrain the win!)
                #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                  when we stop harassing referees?
                  Whenever they stop being bribed by the AFC (Arab Football Confederation) and not making calls in our favor or making bogus calls against us.
                  #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                    Bringing in a guy like Amiri who has zero playmaking skills was a huge mistake. We actually needed Masoud in that second half to send thew balls. Clearly the long balls were not working nor was the crosses. we needed to open the game threw the middle and thats were Masoud wouldve been ideal for us.
                    through balls to who? Nobody could move bc the formation was clogging all the space. At least when amiri came on he had some energy and was making some runs.

Masoud clearly isnt at the level to play international football anymore. He is just wasting everybodies time

Comment

Everything was wrong today from start to finish, there’s too much to list out but here is what’s most concerning for me at the top of the list:

1. The lack of respect our guys still have for themselves, their team mates, and the game of football itself. When we lost focus against Japan in the AC and harassed the ref instead of playing the damn game and the lack of focus that followed we got the result today. When our CAPTAIN, the man who is supposed to be leading by example is harassing the ref over a legit call too then we’re already setting ourselves up for disaster. Azmoun followed suit later in the game that was an absolutely disgraceful scene and that’s all there is to say about it. SOMETHING MUST BE DONE BY US & THEY MUST BE REPREMANDED!!!!

2. 0 plan, 0 tactics, 0 ability to play. I understand the atmosphere and weather conditions were bad but there was no creativity and no urgency from our team, even after going down! Your reaction to conceding a goal should make you hungry and want to attack not pass the ball from flank to flank. Had our effort been there and our guys worked hard it wouldn’t be as bad but when they’re out there walking playing like they don’t care then that’s when us as fans have the right to be upset IMO. Play hard or don’t put on a TM shirt!
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

the captain situation needs to be sorted out. currently ashkan is our official captain? why? he hasn’t been a consistent presence for team melli since 2016. he is either injured or in a sub role, except for asian cup 19. the captain needs to be someone who is available every game for 90 minutes, like nekounam. we have no leader on the field. hajsafi lost the plot and cost us the game in a span of minutes. wtf kind of captain is that??

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                          the captain situation needs to be sorted out. currently ashkan is our official captain? why? he hasn’t been a consistent presence for team melli since 2016. he is either injured or in a sub role, except for asian cup 19. the captain needs to be someone who is available every game for 90 minutes, like nekounam. we have no leader on the field. hajsafi lost the plot and cost us the game in a span of minutes. wtf kind of captain is that??
                          I would say Beiranvand would be a good options, he seemed to pay more attention to the Japanese player in the semis rather than complaining....and he recovered right after his mistake against Cambodian player.
                          But overall the complains need to be addressed, apparently we didn't learn anything from the Japan game??? Fans need to also realize that we can't blame the other team or referees for every mistake. Certainly we cannot blame or failed passes or scoring opportunities on the "Arabian Football Federation" as some are saying calling them after this game again, why should the game come so close that a slightest mistake can change it? the attitudes need to be changed or once again, even if we make it to the WC, we'll be at at the group stage.

Perhaps part of it is because of domestic league? Iranian referees need to be far stricter, and supported by IFF for harsher decisions. Imagine if Azmoun had been kicked out of this game. what would we do then??? he lost it against Japan too....this won't be the last time we see such behavior from him. Would he behave like this if he had been disciplined more when he played in Iran? maybe he would and maybe he wouldn't. But certainly it will help with future players.
                          Last edited by Under Lahaf; 10-15-2019, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                            Yes, Team Melli is currently missing leaders like our past captains Abedzadeh, Daei, Mahdavikia, Nekounam and Seyed Jalal Hosseini.

Currently Masoud Shojai and Ashkan Dejagah are the only ones suited for the job but they don't play 90 minutes.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh is another good choice for the captain's armband, however he won't get any Team Melli call-up if he continues with zero game time at club level.

Comment

Honestly I really would like to see Ghoochannejhad, Dejagah and Jahanbakhsh back on the field as starters and Shojaei playing every game coming in for the last 20 or 30 minutes of the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X