table mathematics WCQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
    If we lose Iraq they must sent home Wilmots and we need to bring back Carlos Quriouz before it is to late! We had to keeped Carlos Qurioz the best team and orgabisarion and players he had. Best ever World Cup 2018 in History for Iran.
    Wilmots could also not Qualify with Senegal to World Cup

LOL Bring him back from where? He's happily coaching Columbia right now. Letting go of CQ was the biggest mistake ever. - Even when we had the best attackers (Mahdavikia, Karimi, Daei, Hashemian) + Rahman Rezaei (Seria A Caliber) in Defence, our defending as a team was always terrible, we struggled to beat low Asian teams, and stood ZERO chance against teams in the world cup.

CQ came in and new exactly what was needed for us to succeed, and how to use our strengths - Playing super disciplined as a team, and defending as a team.

Now, with attackers that aren't even as good (with the exception of Azmoun), not one single defender good enough for a top league, and a coach who wants to play attacking football, we're in for a disaster of a qualification campaign.
    Sure, it took CQ a while to get us to where we were in 2018, but at least with his approach, other teams had next to zero clear chances to score during a match, and 1 goal from us was enough to scrape by as he was building our team.

With Wilmots, we're just giving away chance after chance to teams that wouldn't even see our goal in the past under CQ. Even if we improve over time with Wilmots, it's way too risky to completely overhaul the way our team has been playing for 10 years, and play pure attacking football. We're simply using the world cup qualification as a transition period to play a risky, attacking game we're not used to, and we might be out of world cup qualifying contention before we learn how to play under Wilmots (if we ever do).

I hope i'm wrong, but i can definitely see us not qualifying this time around. Even if we barely qualify (like we did with Branko), we won't stand a chance in the group stages.

I like being optimistic and hopefully will be proven wrong, but I really have a bad feeling about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
      What you are saying is we are back to JAADOO VA JAMBAL .. something we didn't have to deal with for 8 years.

I am waiting for Mr. Zolfagharnasab commentary! The inventor of "Attacking Football"
      [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

He is right, and it is now the time to open these thread and discussions and i hope it reaches IFF and the players, that we are now in a very bad position and under pressure. No more space to make mistakes. we must count cambodia and hong kong as teams, which will not draw or win vs. bahrain and iraq. this is actually a group of 3 teams...Do or Die.

Khak tu sareshun age be round e badi wa jameh jahani tu qatar, jolo dare khodemun natoonan beresan.
        World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
        sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
        If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
        -

Comment

it would be an absolute disaster and a crying shame as an Asian #1 failing to qualify to Qatar WC, especially so before even making it to next round..!!
          This upcoming world cup imo is our only and best chance of ever making it out to the 2nd round, especially in a more favorable grouping than we were handed in Russia.
          its the last WC in current exciting format, and im next to certain most European teams will struggle to perform adequately in gutter climate and venues, leaving a good chance for African, SA or Asian team to make deep runs into the WC finals..!

Comment

That yellow Azmoun got could be a big blow when we play against Bahrain or Iraq at home. He is really childish.

Comment

Not judging from the Bahrain game per se, but I never thought Wilmots was a good fit for Iran. He’s more of a peoples manager, whereas Queiroz was a true disciplinarian. We all know our players lack true discipline to be consistent, and I’m afraid Wilmots can’t address this issue. We should have went for Renard.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                Not judging from the Bahrain game per se, but I never thought Wilmots was a good fit for Iran. He’s more of a peoples manager, whereas Queiroz was a true disciplinarian. We all know our players lack true discipline to be consistent, and I’m afraid Wilmots can’t address this issue. We should have went for Renard.
                Renard managed a 2-2 draw with war torn Yemen at home and a 0-0 with Palestine. Worse results than getting a defeat away against a Bahrain side that has been in good form and causing trouble to every Asian side it's played against recently
                Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

2018 edition's top 4 runner-up teams

Syria - 18 pts
                  UAE - 17 pts
                  China - 17 pts
                  Iraq - 12 pts (Iraq played only 6 games because of Indonesia's suspension.)

Imo, 17 pts is a must.

Comment

so, here we go again.
                    thanks to the HKG – BAH tie. we still have some chances to advance to the next round.
                    One thing is sure and a absolut must, we have to win all our remaining games!
                    That would give us 18pts.
                    Crucial is the upcoming match IRQ–BAH.
                    IRAQ wins
                    that makes it almost impossible for us to qualify as first of the group. We would habe to win all our remaining games and hoping for being on of the best second placed teams in all groups.
                    IRAQ ties or IRAQ loses
                    that would give us hope to finish first. We just would have to win all our games. And will be on top of the table first.
                    So lets hope for a draw or BAH win.

Comment

We need to win all games,period.
                      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                        What makes you think they will drop points there and not get a 1-0 boring win?
                        was with Bahrain in the team hotel in Hong Kong they seemed tense and nervous I knew they wouldn't deliver and they didn't. Hong Kong is an alianating place to play football
                        Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by bahbah View Post
                          so, here we go again.
                          thanks to the HKG – BAH tie. we still have some chances to advance to the next round.
                          One thing is sure and a absolut must, we have to win all our remaining games!
                          That would give us 18pts.
                          Crucial is the upcoming match IRQ–BAH.
                          IRAQ wins
                          that makes it almost impossible for us to qualify as first of the group. We would habe to win all our remaining games and hoping for being on of the best second placed teams in all groups.
                          IRAQ ties or IRAQ loses
                          that would give us hope to finish first. We just would have to win all our games. And will be on top of the table first.
                          So lets hope for a draw or BAH win.
                          You are Wrong the best Result for Iran in the next game is Iraq wins against Bahrein.
                          Because with that and Iran wins next 3 games secure 2 place
                          Next Round advance
                          All 1 Places and best 5 second places

Comment

I really don;t think we can take the group.
                            Best chance is the second place qualifying.
                            After next weeks games, a lot more will be predictable.
                            There is a high possibility of identifying 2 of the 2nd place qualifiers next week.

now we see how tying in away games by CQ made a lot of sense.

Comment

table mathematics WCQ

Damn. For 7 years we didn’t have to worry about qualifying.

Our only worries were how to beat Morocco or Portugal. Now it is how to survive Bahrain and Iraq.
                              .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

But even under CQ Iraq caused problems for us, they are stylistically a bad match up for us. what makes them even more dangerous is, that they have many players in the IPL and know most of our players and Iranian football culture.
                                One has also to admit (although i highly dislike Iraqs NT) that Mohanad Ali, Tarik Hamam, their number 7 and Bashar Rasan are quality players.

Comment

Working...
                                X